Buying the Galaxy S II

Guest c0m47053

Guest Matt (HTC S710)
I bought mine from http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...930,All,tt1,ct1

Got it with this T-mobile contract: T-Mobile £30 inc. Internet

600 cross-network mins + 500 texts + Unlimited data(500mb streaming,unlimited browsing) • 18 months

£ 30.64 a month £19.99 upfront for the phone, plus £30 back from quidco

£571.52 in total.

Don't know if they still have stock though. But they has quick replies to my questions. Both on twitter and via email.

Yeah I've been looking at that EXACT deal. If I can't get anything better with T-Mobile direct, that's probably where I shall be going. Never used quidco or any cashback sites before though.

Guest stoney1973
Yeah I've been looking at that EXACT deal. If I can't get anything better with T-Mobile direct, that's probably where I shall be going. Never used quidco or any cashback sites before though.

worth buying through quidco. get the cashback in around 6-8 weeks.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest Matt (HTC S710)
worth buying through quidco. get the cashback in around 6-8 weeks.

Can't lose anything from it, so if I don't get it direct, I shall definitely look in to quidco. Have you had any problems with that site or everything fine?

And I hope T-Mobile hurry up and get the S2, I can't wait forever.. Annoying that everywhere there's someone telling you a different date.

Guest Matt (HTC S710)

Went back into T-Mobile today in passing, was just told "next week", not sure when that means exactly but..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ballist1x

My orange renewal came up (expires 7th June) so i called the upgrade hotline and the guy said they had no stock.

He called me back today saying the Galaxy S2 had just come in, do i still want it?

£14.50 per month 24 months

300 minutes

x amount of free text (wasnt really listening but it was more than none)

500mb data allowance

phone insurance (break, theft, loss)

im like, is that £40?! or £14!? He definitely said £14.50...even though my old contract was a £35 p/m but discount down by £10 a month on a auto rebate type thing. I did double and triple check that i wasnt getting a Galaxy 1, or somehting else. but i was amazed at that price?

I dont even quite believe it now, but the phone will be with me on Monday apparently. So heres hoping i really have got a proper sweet deal?!

Bye bye San Francisco, you've dont me well for 9 months. But Flash and a better phone for the win!!

Edited by ballist1x

Guest zzleezz

Got mine yesterday on a new contract through buymobilephones.net

Was a little nervous as had never used them before but spent some time researching them and apart from a few people moaning that they had not received some naff free gift they seemed to be pretty good.

Ordered phone on Sunday (before bank holiday Monday!) and it arrived on Wednesday.

Tmob contract, 18 month, 600 mins, 500 text, web bolt on included, phone cost 19.99 and contract is 30.64 per month with 35 cashback tracked through quidco (or was it 30?).

Came from Vodafone, PAC code from them arrived in an hour and Tmob are porting my old number over now.

Perfect service from both companies.

Oh, LOVING this phone!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Guest kr0z
Got mine yesterday on a new contract through buymobilephones.net

Was a little nervous as had never used them before but spent some time researching them and apart from a few people moaning that they had not received some naff free gift they seemed to be pretty good.

Ordered phone on Sunday (before bank holiday Monday!) and it arrived on Wednesday.

Tmob contract, 18 month, 600 mins, 500 text, web bolt on included, phone cost 19.99 and contract is 30.64 per month with 35 cashback tracked through quidco (or was it 30?).

Came from Vodafone, PAC code from them arrived in an hour and Tmob are porting my old number over now.

Perfect service from both companies.

Oh, LOVING this phone!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Just curious, is the phone locked to T-Mobile? I'm looking at the exact same package myself.

Guest stoney1973
Just curious, is the phone locked to T-Mobile? I'm looking at the exact same package myself.

Nope, I used my old 'three' sim in the phone before i ported the number over to t-mobile.

Guest zzleezz

Nope, mine also happy to take my old vodafone sim while my number gets ported. No Tmob branding on the phone, no extra software I can see.

Guest Epic-Emodude

Dail-a-phone currently have the Galaxy S II on 02 for £21.50/month on a 24 month contract. £29 for the phone. 500 texts and 100 mins with 500mb data. You can also get £50 cash back from quidco.

Guest hodgester

if you search on cnet, they have a link to an affordablemobiles deal. 900 minutes, 5000 texts, 1GB on Three £27 pm. No charge for phone. Doesn't appear on affordablemobiles website and same contract on Three's website is £38 pm. You also get free 3-3 minutes but I can't remember how much. Ordered tonight for delivery tuesday.

Link here

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/3/internet_texter_900/samsung/galaxy_s_ii/18454354.html?source=webgains&siteid=1300

£60 quidco & topcashback too

Edited by hodgester

Guest zzleezz

BEWARE!!!

If you get a Tmobile contract and it is NOT direct from Tmob then your data speed will be capped to 3g. That means no video and music streaming, no skype calling, laggy browsing and bags of frustration at a hamstrung phone.

I had to pay an extra £5 per month to get what you would get for FREE from Tmob if you buy from them direct.

Weigh your options, deals from 3rd party are cheaper but there are hidden costs. With all that being said I still think what I have with the extra £5 is a good deal, just that they dont advertise this and its very well hidden.

Guest scoobytwo

i called orange and got a retention deal for a Galaxy SII.

i was on a £25 p/m, 200min, unlimited txt and 500mb data deal.

i was offered by the first woman i spoke to the same £25p/m but with 300min and the phone for £139.

I then mentioned the O2 deal where its £21.50 p/m, 100min, 500 txt, and 500mb with the phone working out at £56 including Quidco cashback. The women said she couldn't do anything for me but she'd pass me onto retentions.

I then got offered (and accepted), £18 p/m for 200min, unlimited txt, 1GB data and the phone for £92. Just need to wait for the phone to come back into stock.

Guest Genieuk

I posted this on HUKD.

If you're looking for a 12 months contract, I don't think you can beat this.

Buy through e2save on TalkMobile

£149.99 = upfront for the phone.

£360 = £30 x 12 months

= £509.99

The possiblity of quidco (£46) brings this down to £463.99

The good thing is you get 400 mins, 1000 texts and 1GB internet.

Edited by Genieuk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy X

Ive bought my last 3 phones from buymobilephones.net

I was all set for getting the same £30 deal (18months Tmobile) but after reading the above regarding 3g capped speed ive done a bit of researching. I had a tmobile on an i900 a few years back and that was ok (HSDPA speed). The last one was on orange with no issues. IT seems that the internet connection bolt on is capped to 3G whilst web n walk is the £5 extra for HSDPA speeds.

Their T&C only states web booster on 3G networks. Technically HSDPA *is* 3G (release 5) as specified under 3GPP or commonly known as 3G.

Guest Jimmy X

Well ive just had an email back from TMobile (with my question in the reply). I asked about the "free" flexible booster (selectable every 30 days included with the price plan) being capped with regards to speed (not data). The reply was "flexible booster is not capped with regards the speed"

I made it quite clear I was buying from a 3rd party reseller (dialaphone although I will probably use buymobilephones) and as I said, my question was in the reply.

Thats good enough for me to purchase and I hope is *IS* capped with regards to speed as that is a nice way of getting out of contract (within the first week!) backed up with nice documentary evidence.

Edited by Jimmy X

Guest ben1th

Till tomorrow you can buy the Samsung Galaxy S2 without branding and without any kind of plan für 439 euros in Germany at Saturn (german market for electronics, NOT a online shop).

This could be interesting for those who are planning to buy an sgs2 and live near to germany. its actually worth to give it a call before you go there because its kind of rare. You will buy it for 539 Euros and a get a 100 Euros card for Saturn/Mediamarkt as gift you can sell on ebay for about 95 Euros

439 Euros are about 397 GBP