• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Touch input problem. Not detecting very small movements.

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Check this video of issue -

There is a minimum move threshold.

Do you think its possible to override this with modding the software ? Don't think its a hardware restriction.

Edited by sorrowuk

Posted

Ok I noticed this little issue with the touch screen.

Maybe this is how it is meant to work but just wondering if its the same for everyone.

Basically when you first touch the screen and then move your finger in tiny movements back and forward like 2-3 pixels distance the screen just recognises your initial place you touched. It doesnt recognise the little movements. You have to make a bigger movement with your finger and then the screen starts recognising these tiny movements.

Best way to see this is get a multitouch test app from the market. Basically just one that gives you a dot under your finger when you touch the screen.

Touch the screen and move your finger in tiny movements back and forward. Like really tiny (2-3 pixels in distance)

Does the dot move or does it stay there like its stuck ?

Then you have to make a bigger movement with your finger before the dot starts moving. But after that you can do those tiny movements you did before and the dot moves.

Hope someone understands what i'm saying.

My old phone didnt do that.

The digitizer is very sensitive so i guess to enable you to "long press" at anything they introduced this. Or else you probalby wouldn't be able to longpress.

Posted

The digitizer is very sensitive so i guess to enable you to "long press" at anything they introduced this. Or else you probalby wouldn't be able to longpress.

I found a video of problem. Posted in first post.

You think its possible to override this by modding the software ?

Posted

I found a video of problem. Posted in first post.

You think its possible to override this by modding the software ?

I see that the minimum threshold is a bit high.

Should be able to mod it. But really, I like this threshold as i am very unstable with my touch.

Posted (edited)

I see that the minimum threshold is a bit high.

Should be able to mod it. But really, I like this threshold as i am very unstable with my touch.

But for people that are stable :) . Or able to lower the threshold a bit.

If someone is able to take a look who knows android that would be great :unsure: Or knows what file would need editing.

Actually would this be possible to fix from the source ? Or would it be in the touchscreen driver or something and only samsung could change this

Edited by sorrowuk