Firmware update 1.10 for the Advent Vega currently uploading!

Guest carl rose

Guest carl rose

After tweeting Advent Vega I just got a reply that the new firmware 1.10 is currently uploading to the site. This is beneficial to someone that has a new tablet with it pre installed and wants to try out some of the new custom roms that are out. If they don't like it and want to get back to the 1.10 at the moment they will not be able to as there is no exe on the site, unless you do a nandroid backup. I personally had bad experiences restoring from a nandroid so, don't like to rely on it.

Hope it's good news for some of you :P

Edited by carl rose

Guest houdini2005
After tweeting Advent Vega I just got a reply that the new firmware 1.10 is currently uploading to the site. This is beneficial to someone that has a new tablet with it pre installed and wants to try out some of the new custom roms that are out. If they don't like it and want to get back to the 1.10 at the moment they will not be able to as there is no exe on the site, unless you do a nandroid backup. I personally had bad experiences restoring from a nandroid so, don't like to rely on it.

Hope it's good news for some of you :P

its uploaded now but "Changes from 1.09

1. Compatibility updates, improving touch screen performance

2. Removed Touch Panel Utility as its no longer required and minor bug fixes". but we may have decent vegacomb release candidate soon (hopefully) :rolleyes:

Guest MonkeyBoy451

I tweeted Paul to ask if he was going to do an updated MCR based on this new release. Hopefully he'll come back with a positive!

Guest carl rose
its uploaded now but "Changes from 1.09

1. Compatibility updates, improving touch screen performance

2. Removed Touch Panel Utility as its no longer required and minor bug fixes". but we may have decent vegacomb release candidate soon (hopefully) :P

I just read about the vegacomb 1.3 update and it is still an early beta. No flash, camera, wi-fi is hit and miss and so on (still, a great job). I have the 1.10 update pre installed with the market trick and to be quite honest I am really happy with it. I use my vega at work and I cannot get anything more stable than that. I also asked Advent Vega for any news on honeycomb but got no reply. It would be great if we got it but if we don't this tablet is all I ever wanted and more for the budget I was willing to spend.

Maybe at a later stage I will sell it put some money on top and buy something better but for the time being I am very happy with it and it does everything I want.

Edited by carl rose

Guest xathras
Be nice to someone could see if this update sort out the rubish touchscreen issue when charging

This issue comes down to the fact that the stock Vega charger is not a fully regulated and stabilized PSU (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Like many others I bought another 12v charger (mine £10 from Argos) and the problem disappeared.

Guest riggsy
This issue comes down to the fact that the stock Vega charger is not a fully regulated and stabilized PSU (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Like many others I bought another 12v charger (mine £10 from Argos) and the problem disappeared.

Could you point me in the right direction (prod code/link) of the charger you purchased?

Many thanks

Guest CrArC

Intruiging, thanks for that. My touchscreen doesn't seem to really misbehave on external power though. Maybe it has once or twice, but generally I can't see a difference. I'm still only using the stock power adaptor though. Are there different models?

Guest Dave Marchant
Intruiging, thanks for that. My touchscreen doesn't seem to really misbehave on external power though. Maybe it has once or twice, but generally I can't see a difference. I'm still only using the stock power adaptor though. Are there different models?

There are different models of charger it seems. Mine is marginal, but I had the opportunity to try another and that rendered the Vega virtually unusable - I couldn't even unlock it.

I am not sure where this 1.10 download is. I have checked the www.myadventvega.co.uk site and there is nothing new there from what I can see.

Guest xathras
Could you point me in the right direction (prod code/link) of the charger you purchased?

Some early Vegas certainly suffered with this PSU problem; I don't know if there are more than one PSU model. Anyway, I had the problem and a post somewhere on this forum reccomended this replacement and it worked for me.

Masterplug 1200mA Multi-Volt Adaptor. Argos code 982/9701.

Guest pakomen
There are different models of charger it seems. Mine is marginal, but I had the opportunity to try another and that rendered the Vega virtually unusable - I couldn't even unlock it.

I am not sure where this 1.10 download is. I have checked the www.myadventvega.co.uk site and there is nothing new there from what I can see.

Try Refreshing your browser..its there ok..

cheers

Pako

Guest Dave Marchant
Try Refreshing your browser..its there ok..

cheers

Pako

Thanks, I was surprised the page did not auto-refresh. Downloading now.

@riggsy - I am running a couple of the Argos Masterplug adaptors now, one at work and one at home connected to the Vega Dock and both are better than the stock charger. Just be careful how you set up the adaptor on the end of the lead. I recall someone posting a photo here somewhere.

Guest sipart

Yes can someone confirm this is correct, the "not a fully regulated and stabilized" bit - as if it is true then Advent/DSG should be replacing the PSU - not people having to buy a new one don't you think?

If all affected users log a fault with Advent/DSG then they have an obligation to investigate and rectify as all Vegas and PSUs are still under warranty

Guest Infnordz

I have added both a ceramic capacitor and a large electrolitic capacitor in parallel with the power connector in my dock and it mades sod all difference. So I suspect it is an noisy battery charging circuit which is screwing up the touchscreen circuitry. This maybe a component issue, a bad batch of tablets, or more likely sloppy design!

I just hacked on an old Pepper Pad PSU 12V @ 3A and the screen works fine now, so YES THE STOCK PSUs ARE CACK! Shame on PC WORLD!

Edited by Infnordz

Guest Nick1964

So as for now the 1.10 is not much better then the 1.09, I mean, I don't think I cam patch the system with 1.10 and then reflash the v8 over it.

I think I lost all my apps, and the modaco rom will maybe not work at all.

Maybe I must do a lot of work for something I don't see the difference from,with the possibility that it doesn't work at all.

So please advise this newbie.. leave it with 1.09 and the modaco rom ?

• 2 years later...
Guest Dezza77

Hope it's good news for some of you smile.gif

Carl, I have an Advent Vega which I have updated with the r8-vega-update-modacocustom-unsigned, but I can't get Wi-Fi to work. I want to go back to v1.10 image. I have the download but when I try and install it from my PC the following error appears :- Nvflash started USB device not foundPress enter to continue:

I also get a warning from Mcafee that a Trojan has been Quarantined, which I guess is from the .exe file that I am trying to run the update from