[APP] Button Backlight Alert

Guest lilHermit

Guest Riemen

The list should be populated once an application has sent an notification (with flash light set) that does not currently match the installed list. To test this delete the Messaging and when you receive a SMS/MMS next Messaging should be in the list.

~

Thanks this worked. So I do have to get notifications in all apps before I can add them to the notifications list?

Why are removed apps completely deleted? It would make more sense, if they were just moved back to the add app list, so that you don't have to call yourself or to send yourself an sms to get these entries back after having removed them for testing purposes.

I also have found some strange behaviour: when the BBA app is running and the screen turns off, after reactivating it, I see a window with "please wait, loading apps", although I have not recieved any notification. This window does not go away and the only way to get rid of it, is to kill the BBA-task.

Edited by Riemen

Guest lilHermit

Thanks this worked. So I do have to get notifications in all apps before I can add them to the notifications list?

Why are removed apps completely deleted? It would make more sense, if they were just moved back to the add app list, so that you don't have to call yourself or to send yourself an sms to get these entries back after having removed them for testing purposes.

I added that to the list for the next version earlier when I typed the previous message ;)

I also have found some strange behaviour: when the BBA app is running and the screen turns off, after reactivating it, I see a window with "please wait, loading apps", although I have not recieved any notification. This window does not go away and the only way to get rid of it, is to kill the BBA-task.

Thanks I'll look into that, I had seen it before but unable to reproduce it.

~

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting a 403 error message when BBA is looking for my license. It seems to have got lost or corrupted somehow. Is there a way to restore this? I can't find anywhere to re-enter my key.

Guest lilHermit

I keep getting a 403 error message when BBA is looking for my license. It seems to have got lost or corrupted somehow. Is there a way to restore this? I can't find anywhere to re-enter my key.

That is too many devices error each license is limited number of devices. Sometime each ROM install will appear as a new device. PM your order number or Real name and I will reset it unless your sharing your order number ;).

~

Guest lilHermit

lilHermit?

What I have to do, to make your BBA compatible with latest topogigis ROM 2.0 (mainly based on V20e I think)?

Ask the ROM chef to incorporate the patches, I'm sure they can work it out or get them to PM me.

Guest lilHermit
It seems that Video call Skype is not working to me ? Is it supported with this ROM ?
Its probably because skype is not setting the flashlight flag with the notification, in which case it can not work.

Edit: Spelling correction

Edited by lilHermit

Guest Topogigi

Ask the ROM chef to incorporate the patches, I'm sure they can work it out or get them to PM me.

Already added as per your instructions (v. 2.0SP1 has it) . No way to check if it works or not, but at least the patched services.jar seems to behave normally. I don't need visual notifications because I have my phone always at my side and I set audio notifications for all the events, but I do appreciate your work.

Guest RedeemerSK

I'm unable to enable notifications for K9 (latest bba/k9 oc). Blink LED is enabled in account's notification preferences in K9, still no luck seeing it in Add Application activity. Altering BBA DB manually didn't help either.

Anyway I can help with this ?

(+ I can also reproduce infinite 'loading apps' modal dialog. Just try to exit app by hitting back button).

Guest lilHermit

I'm unable to enable notifications for K9 (latest bba/k9 oc). Blink LED is enabled in account's notification preferences in K9, still no luck seeing it in Add Application activity. Altering BBA DB manually didn't help either.

What ROM are you using?

It will only appear in the "Add Application" list when a notification with light enable is sent. So turn on K9 blink led, send email to yourself, then it should appear in the list.

(+ I can also reproduce infinite 'loading apps' modal dialog. Just try to exit app by hitting back button).

I can't replicate this, the loading apps does not stay on screen long enough for me.

~

Guest RedeemerSK

Running MCR Gr4's version of stock kernel (stock from v20j).

What ROM are you using?

It will only appear in the "Add Application" list when a notification with light enable is sent. So turn on K9 blink led, send email to yourself, then it should appear in the list.

Again, I've tried that and it does not work. Any way I can track what the problem is ? Since, as I 've said, I configured BBA manually (altered it's sqllite db) and it still does not catch on, while it does catch on manually configured imo (was in the list before) ... just like LED flag was not set on notification (assuming you are doing

if (flag_set)

then CHECK_IF_APP_OF_INTEREST

in your code). I tried to check logcat, but I can't find any logs related to notifications. Is there any way to check actual notification from K9 at all ?

I can't replicate this, the loading apps does not stay on screen long enough for me.

Willing to use me / my device to pinpoint the issue ? If yes, tell me what to do.

Edited by RedeemerSK

Guest lilHermit

Running MCR Gr4's version of stock kernel (stock from v20j).

Again, I've tried that and it does not work. Any way I can track what the problem is ? Since, as I 've said, I configured BBA manually (altered it's sqllite db) and it still does not catch on, while it does catch on manually configured imo (was in the list before) ... just like LED flag was not set on notification (assuming you are doing

if (flag_set)
then CHECK_IF_APP_OF_INTEREST[/code]

in your code). I tried to check logcat, but I can't find any logs related to notifications. Is there any way to check actual notification from K9 at all ?

are you running MCR though as its kernel modification that is needed by BBA?

Unfortunately the notification might not be getting to the app, if your not seeing anything in logcat. If the flag is not set bba will not get the notification.

Willing to use me / my device to pinpoint the issue ? If yes, tell me what to do.

Definitely, please PM me exact replication instructions

Guest neilcperks

Hi Lilhermit,

Just bought your BBA app yesterday and works very well, with one issue for me. Nor sure if this is a bug or it's meant to work like this.

I'm currently running Modaco ROM GR4 with 725 baseband.

The main reason I wanted this app was to notify me of work emails on both the company exchange email and gmail accounts, and the app does this just fine.

The problem is that it always alerts me to SMS messages as well which, living in China, is a nuisance as i get about 30-40 texts a day trying to sell me houses or massage or whatever. The only inputs activated in the app are email and gmail; if I click on add, I see that messaging is available (but it's not activated).

The question is should it be alerting me to SMS even though it isn't set ?

What would also be useful is a facility to enable or disable at certain times of day (like overnight), or at least a widget to do this manually.

Thanks

Neil

Guest lilHermit

Hi Lilhermit,

Just bought your BBA app yesterday and works very well, with one issue for me. Nor sure if this is a bug or it's meant to work like this.

I'm currently running Modaco ROM GR4 with 725 baseband.

The main reason I wanted this app was to notify me of work emails on both the company exchange email and gmail accounts, and the app does this just fine.

The problem is that it always alerts me to SMS messages as well which, living in China, is a nuisance as i get about 30-40 texts a day trying to sell me houses or massage or whatever. The only inputs activated in the app are email and gmail; if I click on add, I see that messaging is available (but it's not activated).

The question is should it be alerting me to SMS even though it isn't set ?

Neil

Try changing the default brightness to 0. I'm going to add a enable defaults option next.

~

Guest davey4444

I'm having problems getting BBA to work after a reflash. I've tried the titanium backup (usually works fine) and downloading again (I was a beta tester) but I still get a 403 error when it's trying to check the license. Any ideas?

Guest lilHermit

I'm having problems getting BBA to work after a reflash. I've tried the titanium backup (usually works fine) and downloading again (I was a beta tester) but I still get a 403 error when it's trying to check the license. Any ideas?

Please PM me your order number.

~

• 2 months later...