ZTE Blade Semi-Bricked or Bricked PLZ HELP!!!

Guest nzkller

Guest nzkller

I have a ZTE Blade gen2, I put inside the clockwork recovery 3.0.2.8 gen2 and the cynogenmod7.0.3 and it was working fine. I Work for ZTE and they put me the firmware (Windows) of china unicom and block the 3g band 900MHz, so I tried to get it back to the normal firmware using this http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ded-gen2-blade/ exactly the wbaw’s Gen2 v5. I put back the original recovery image, and the i got to the FTM menu and run this windows firmware update. Exactly at 98% its gives a message saying RESET in red and the phone wont start it gets into this boot loop where the green android just moves to the left and then reboots. The phone wont get into recovery only gets into fastboot and ihave tried to reflash the orignal recovery the clockwork even TPT this one http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/ CM 7.0.3 TPT is here........... and nothing the same boot loop. Also i have made a nandropid backup from one the partners phone and i have flashed the file into the phone with fastboot and nothing works......... I'm out of ideas, PLZ HELP ME!!!! I Just Need to get this phone working. Thx in ADVANCE

Guest fonix232
I have a ZTE Blade gen2, I put inside the clockwork recovery 3.0.2.8 gen2 and the cynogenmod7.0.3 and it was working fine. I Work for ZTE and they put me the firmware (Windows) of china unicom and block the 3g band 900MHz, so I tried to get it back to the normal firmware using this http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ded-gen2-blade/ exactly the wbaw’s Gen2 v5. I put back the original recovery image, and the i got to the FTM menu and run this windows firmware update. Exactly at 98% its gives a message saying RESET in red and the phone wont start it gets into this boot loop where the green android just moves to the left and then reboots. The phone wont get into recovery only gets into fastboot and ihave tried to reflash the orignal recovery the clockwork even TPT this one http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/ CM 7.0.3 TPT is here........... and nothing the same boot loop. Also i have made a nandropid backup from one the partners phone and i have flashed the file into the phone with fastboot and nothing works......... I'm out of ideas, PLZ HELP ME!!!! I Just Need to get this phone working. Thx in ADVANCE

Flash the Unicom FW update, as the Chinese Unicom Blade is not the same as the usual European one. You shouldn't have flashed wbaw's TPT!

Guest nzkller
Flash the Unicom FW update, as the Chinese Unicom Blade is not the same as the usual European one. You shouldn't have flashed wbaw's TPT!

How can I Flash the Unicom FW update if I can't get into the FTM or recovery or DFU, I can only get into the fastboot mode.

Guest hecatae

remove the battery and connect the usb cable

if you can get into fastboot have you tried flashing stock recovery using fastboot?

and you may have better luck with the v4

Edited by hecatae

Guest nzkller
remove the battery and connect the usb cable

if you can get into fastboot have you tried flashing stock recovery using fastboot?

and you may have better luck with the v4

Yes, i've got into the fastboot and i've flash the stock recovery image but i cant get into the recovery (FTM) switching on my phone holding the voldown it just go to the bootloop

Guest nzkller
you will need a gen2 stock recovery.img, fonix232 has asked if you can join us on irc to resolve this quickly

Yeap i Just joined in¿, Im in the channel

Guest nzkller

This is SOLVED, I just needed the original file from China Unicom that wbaw gave me and with Cm 7 TPT got it back running, I loose my IMEI and i got it back with this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

the TPT is here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/ (YOU NEED TO REPLACE amss.mbn, amsshd.mbn, appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn and the partition_zte.mbn=

for replacing this files you need the application from fonix232 to dismantle this image.bin http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ate-5-may-2011/ an get the files in question

For the rest I'm really thankfull for the help that fonix232, wbaw and hecatae gave me.

Please donate to them they are the best.

Join them into the IRC Channel, Freenode , #zteblade

Best regards

Guest hedgepigdaniel

hi nzkiller, I'm glad you have fixed up your blade - sorry I didn't reply in time to help. I'm a little bit confused as to what you ended up doing - I want to be able to warn others in case they encounter the same problem. Did you end up making a modified version of wbaw's gen1 to Gen2 TPT by replacing some files with files from the China Unicom image.bin?

Does that mean that all of the Blade firmwares on this forum (apart from the China Unicom image.bin) are incompatible with Chinese Blades? Is it possible that something went wrong in the update process, purely out of bad luck?

Guest burstlam

the hardware spec of blade sold in china are not the same at all.

not only with a smaller 256 system ram , but also the different radio.

the 3G connection is different from all around the world.

(they call it CDMA2000)

I believe ur upgrade program is fine for all the others except for the Chinese Blade.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
the hardware spec of blade sold in china are not the same at all.

not only with a smaller 256 system ram , but also the different radio.

the 3G connection is different from all around the world.

(they call it CDMA2000)

I believe ur upgrade program is fine for all the others except for the Chinese Blade.

Oh I see. Yes, if chinese ones use CDMA then that would make them quite incompatible - but I got the impression that the China Unicom network was gsm?

Guest nzkller
Oh I see. Yes, if chinese ones use CDMA then that would make them quite incompatible - but I got the impression that the China Unicom network was gsm?

yes, china unicom is GSM but they use 2100Mhz instead of 900Mhz or 800Mhz or 850Mhz.

What i did with the help pf fonix232 and wbaw.

With the windows flash I enabled TPT so I was able to do the TPT from CM 7 that comes ready with all the files......... but to get it restore wbaw gave the idea to replace the files that i got from the image.bin (I extracted them with the fonix232 tool) and then the phone boots into the cm7. Remember mine is the chinese version so the ram is 256MB and the partitions are different. Plz be advised and be very careful...... wbaw told me that he is going to warn you or something about a file, I really dont remember... you better talk to him...

If you want i can describe you what i did step by step and also i got my IMEI screwed up so I modified the channel1.nvm with the help of heticae and the tools of the thread. and after that I lost my signal too...... so i reflashed with TPT the amss.mbn and the amsshd.mbn files of the original stock rom or the orange, to be exact the european version of the files (idea of wbaw) and then i got the signal and 3g back on.

It was a loooooooong!!!! day but thanks to this guys the phone is now working like a charm.......

PM if you need anything

Edited by nzkller

Guest hahawas
yes, china unicom is GSM but they use 2100Mhz instead of 900Mhz or 800Mhz or 850Mhz.

What i did with the help pf fonix232 and wbaw.

With the windows flash I enabled TPT so I was able to do the TPT from CM 7 that comes ready with all the files......... but to get it restore wbaw gave the idea to replace the files that i got from the image.bin (I extracted them with the fonix232 tool) and then the phone boots into the cm7. Remember mine is the chinese version so the ram is 256MB and the partitions are different. Plz be advised and be very careful...... wbaw told me that he is going to warn you or something about a file, I really dont remember... you better talk to him...

If you want i can describe you what i did step by step and also i got my IMEI screwed up so I modified the channel1.nvm with the help of heticae and the tools of the thread. and after that I lost my signal too...... so i reflashed with TPT the amss.mbn and the amsshd.mbn files of the original stock rom or the orange, to be exact the european version of the files (idea of wbaw) and then i got the signal and 3g back on.

It was a loooooooong!!!! day but thanks to this guys the phone is now working like a charm.......

PM if you need anything

congrats on fixing :P

Guest andresdroid

Hi,

i think i have same exact problem, at least my upload resetted at 98% ending in looping boot.

But i have a ZTE-U V880, once flashed original Unicom tpt (from P020110505570587791564.zip) phone come back again, but with gsm disabled

Is there around an original ZTE-U V880 image.bin?

thx

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Hi,

i think i have same exact problem, at least my upload resetted at 98% ending in looping boot.

But i have a ZTE-U V880, once flashed original Unicom tpt (from P020110505570587791564.zip) phone come back again, but with gsm disabled

Is there around an original ZTE-U V880 image.bin?

thx

Here is the China Unicom image.bin, but you probably cant flash it via TPT for your current firmware. Which guide did you follow, where is your blade from, and which firmware did you flash?

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest wbaw

Just need the appsboot.mbn appsboothd.mbn & partition_zte.mbn from the Chinese image.bin. The European appsboot.mbn is incompatible with Chinese phones, makes them boot loop.

nzkller also had another problem, he used your guide, hedgepigdaniel, to flash my partition layout (including gen1 oesmsbl & partition.mbn) & corrupted his IMEI in the process. andresdroid, that might be what's causing your no gsm problem, look for the threads from burstlam about restoring your imei if that is the problem.

Edited by wbaw

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Just need the appsboot.mbn appsboothd.mbn & partition_zte.mbn from the Chinese image.bin. The European appsboot.mbn is incompatible with Chinese phones, makes them boot loop.

nzkller also had another problem, he used your guide, hedgepigdaniel, to flash my partition layout (including gen1 oesmsbl & partition.mbn) & corrupted his IMEI in the process. andresdroid, that might be what's causing your no gsm problem, look for the threads from burstlam about restoring your imei if that is the problem.

Sound good. If you still have the file channel1.nvm (which contains your IMEI, then you can probably restore that using the program in this thread.

Guest andresdroid

thx for all replies, doing the right mix almost fixed all, but radio is still off.

On phone info i read the correct imei, so the number is there, but i'm afraid i messed up with channel1.nvm.

I may have used a gen1 nvm file the first time, so i uploaded the right imei with wrong rf/bt /unlock info information, in fact also gps is not recognized.

Anyway, i used also a different way to upload the mix, the created image form mix tpt is not working with menu-vol+ power on, maybe this may lead to problems too.

So i replaced also recovery, to have ftm, in fact after download the image via windows flasher, starting up with vol+ - vol- (usin USDL_P726CV1.00.00 Checksum...) the phone boot directly in ftm, where i restore channel1.nvm.

After that system boot up correctly, but still no radio.

I think i need a channel1.nvm gen2 skeleton, could someone pls post...

thx again

ciao

Edited by andresdroid

Guest burstlam
thx for all replies, doing the right mix almost fixed all, but radio is still off.

On phone info i read the correct imei, so the number is there, but i'm afraid i messed up with channel1.nvm.

I may have used a gen1 nvm file the first time, so i uploaded the right imei with wrong rf/bt /unlock info information, in fact also gps is not recognized.

Anyway, i used also a different way to upload the mix, the created image form mix tpt is not working with menu-vol+ power on, maybe this may lead to problems too.

So i replaced also recovery, to have ftm, in fact after download the image via windows flasher, starting up with vol+ - vol- (usin USDL_P726CV1.00.00 Checksum...) the phone boot directly in ftm, where i restore channel1.nvm.

thx again

ciao

the tool pack of my imei repack pack contain the firmware image of unicom version v880

http://hotfile.com/dl/115367515/af3e2a7/v8...covery.zip.html

I suggest u try to flash it by the patched version of window update program in hedgepigdaniel post.

Edited by burstlam

Guest hedgepigdaniel
the tool pack of my imei repack pack contain the firmware image of unicom version v880

http://hotfile.com/dl/115367515/af3e2a7/v8...covery.zip.html

I suggest u try to flash it by the patched version of window update program in hedgepigdaniel post.

If you want to restore it properly, then that would do it, But if the phone works now, then its an unnecessary risk. If you do want to do it, then you MUST do the following:

replace recovery.img in the firmware files with the correct (Gen1/Gen2) version of stock recovery for the Gen you are flashing to

either replace boot.img with the correct version of clockworkmod recovery, or put the stock China unicom boot.img and system.img and a blank userdata.img (if you are sure that it will boot)

If you don't do that, You will lose your IMEI or not be able to boot your phone

Guest andresdroid

nothing to do, radio still off, and imei number is there.

If i flash the entire unicom image, phone boot up without gsm radio, without mac address and bluetooth.

With CM7 (Unicom + replaced appsboot hd & partittion_zte), wireless network come back, but radio stay off, airplane mode ON by default.

The Channel1.nvm is, apart imei, the same for every phone?

Could plz someone upload a de imei zed version..thx

ciao

Guest hedgepigdaniel
nothing to do, radio still off, and imei number is there.

If i flash the entire unicom image, phone boot up without gsm radio, without mac address and bluetooth.

With CM7 (Unicom + replaced appsboot hd & partittion_zte), wireless network come back, but radio stay off, airplane mode ON by default.

The Channel1.nvm is, apart imei, the same for every phone?

Could plz someone upload a de imei zed version..thx

ciao

Channel1.nvm is probably not the same for every phone apart from the IMEI, but the IMEI is the only part I am familiar with. There is no difference between the format of channel1.nvm in Gen1/Gen2 phones - if you make a backup on gen1 you can restore it on Gen2 and vice versa. There is a base channel1.nvm in the thread I linked to before, but if you can use the original one that would have been created in the flasher folder the first time you flashed, then restore that, because that file contains the original information from your phone. If you restore that file, then we can discount channel1.nvm as the problem.

Your problem might related to the parts of your TPT that aren't original china unicom ones (It is impossible to flash the entire firmware using TPT). If you flash either of the two files below, you will restore the entire firmware to original China Unicom v880 firmware, which should be compatible with your China Unicom v880.

In summary, here is what I think you should do (in order, don't do all of it if the problem is solved):

1. find your channel1.nvm that came from your phone originally, the first time you used the windows flasher, and restore it to your phone. Make sure that your IMEI is correct.
  2. Try flashing both of these sets of firmware using my guide, install a Unicom stock ROM, and see if either of them fixes your problem. I have made a package for each so that it preserves your IMEI:

I am not able to test those files, but they should work.

@burstlam: where did you get that China Unicom TPT?

trivia: cefs.mbn is the same on all Gen2/Gen1 firmware I have seen, apart from the one burstlam posted, which is different.

Guest andresdroid

DONE!!!!!

thx hedge, i used the first link in the above post, replacing boot, system & recovery with my originals backed up with clockworkmod.

Afer flash phone boot up with clockworkmod, there i replaced it with original stock recovery, then, at reboot, FTM showed up without pressing anything, there i uploaded Channel1.nvm and that's it....

About Channel1.nvm, i realized now that the flasher produce this file, i saw that imei is at address 1215, with mr.pigfish reporting a gen2 blade.

I think i understood also my mistakes:

- downloading in DFU mode (vol+/vol- boot), not in FTM

- skipping cefs.mbn (freaked out by chinese warning when ticking cefs checkbox)

- maybe difference between the two flasher?

Anyway, thx again, now i can do all damages i want, having that solid rock restore process.....

ciao

Guest nzkller

thx again

ciao

What I did to fix the no signal issue, was to do tpt again with the files of the image.bin that I mentioned before, but using the amss.mbn and the amsshd.mbn files from the european firmware and then I got the signal.

You should be able to do TPT if you flashed your Blade with the gen1 oemsbl.mbn and oemsblhd.mbn, maybe wbaw can correct me on this one.