StreakDroid v2.0.0 (GingerStreak)

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Gavjbrown

Could someone thats tried this tell me does the illumination on the 3 touch buttons still time out after a few seconds like stock 2.2.2

Guest vlamers

Hello,

All is working fine on this Rom for me. The system language is english. Thats ok but the keyboard has also english layout. Would be great if there will be german dictionary and layout on the next update.

I think the speed is a little bit better than the stock Roms. My last was 353 (or 4?)

Greetings and thank you for your hard work!

Edit: live wallpapers didnt work. The activity is force closing all the time

Edited by vlamers

Guest jdmnash
amss link is down due to steve updating. please stand by fooolllkss!

Thanks for the update. Thats precisely why i was sifting through posts!

Guest haynesteve

Having slight issues with Market. Some apps (primarily Aldiko for me) refuse to install, even using Ttanium backup restore. Others (eg Google Maps), install but then show as not installed in Market later on ?

Also finding it hard to change LCD Density - the app LCDDensity will do it, but it returns to 160 on bootup. cannot find a reference to it in build.prop either, so added ro.sf.lcd_density=200, which seems to have done the trick.

Also debug.sf.hw is set to zero (0), does this make any difference ?

Thanks for the ROM, Steve

Guest fards
Having slight issues with Market. Some apps (primarily Aldiko for me) refuse to install, even using Ttanium backup restore. Others (eg Google Maps), install but then show as not installed in Market later on ?

Also finding it hard to change LCD Density - the app LCDDensity will do it, but it returns to 160 on bootup. cannot find a reference to it in build.prop either, so added ro.sf.lcd_density=200, which seems to have done the trick.

Also debug.sf.hw is set to zero (0), does this make any difference ?

Thanks for the ROM, Steve

Yeah there's an issue with vold and asec on installing some apps. None of the older tricks work for me.

Guest Deinehoelle

I'm back to 1.9 login to google marked still don't work for me this is a nice for a trr out but this rom is to buggy to use it for longer ... 1.9 is the the best what steve have done fast and adobe flash is working and every App is working as well. So never change a runing system, but for thye boys in us give it a try nice to play with it around.

Guest EricJC

Hi anyone having problems with their ports with this ROM?

My headphone jack doesn't seem to be outputting sound and my cradle isn't charge the unit. I can charge from a standard wall jack or usb port but not the cradle.

Guest mtyrrell

My headphone jack doesn't seem to be outputting sound and my cradle isn't charge the unit. I can charge from a standard wall jack or usb port but not the cradle.

Suffering the same issues. Update is nice but not at the loss of sound. :P

Guest Hells_Child

loss of sound here to. i take my headphones out and it pauses the sound so i know its recognising the headset but it doesnt play through the headset. only the speakers. funky build tho :P , but have had to go back to 1.9 until some more updates are released. always look forward to updates as there is always something new to try.

keep up the good work.

Guest G4sD0c

To confirm some issues:

Getting random resets and the double dell logo on bootup.

Haptic buttons not working

Live wallpapers included FC's but work when re-installed from market.

Otherwise very good

Speed not really slower than 1.9.1

Keep up the great work! Can't wait for next release!!!! :P

Guest prawnballs
I'm getting a lot of random resets, quite bad input lag, and the double dell logo on bootup.

Just an FYI.

I too was having random reboots. I have gone back to 1.9 for the moment. I tried 2.0 with two different internal SD cards, I was getting almost instant reboots on my replacement SD card and less frequent reboots on the original SD. I thought the speed and general feel was fine other than this, but didn't get a chance to have a proper play as needed it fully functioning for work.

Guest icediced

Awesome! There's input lag all over the place and menu animations slow down quite a bit, but generally usable. FC'ed on some apps restored using titanium backup, but after a data wipe it was ok. Reboots seem quite random at points too.

I have problems with the headphone recognition though - sound still plays using the internal speakers when the headphones are plugged in, but playback using bluetooth still works as normal. Pre-installed live wallpapers force closes too, but the ones from the market still work.

Edited by icediced

Guest G4sD0c

Random reboots more frequent now - still no clue from logs. Confirm lack of textures in Quadrant. Once these loose ends tied up will be awesome rom! Thanks Steve

Guest Crinos512

OK, had to do a Factory Reset to stop all the FC after flashing the DSP1, AMSS, and GingerStreak2.0.0... here's my thoughts so far:

Good:

Enhanced security for M$ Exchange Integration

Nice theme.

Bad:

Slower than 1.9.1 (expected)

"Double Dell" issue on bootup

Ugly:

Random reboots

Charges via PC & cable, but not car charger(?)

The Bad I can deal with, not really an issue... the Ugly points I am hoping will be resolved soonish. I'd consider this version late Beta quality. All in all the Pros outweigh the Cons for me and it is stable enough for me to stay put for now.

Nice ROM as always DJ_Steve!

Guest Warpedflash
OK, had to do a Factory Reset to stop all the FC after flashing the DSP1, AMSS, and GingerStreak2.0.0... here's my thoughts so far:

The Bad I can deal with, not really an issue... the Ugly points I am hoping will be resolved soonish. I'd consider this version late Beta quality. All in all the Pros outweigh the Cons for me and it is stable enough for me to stay put for now.

Nice ROM as always DJ_Steve!

I agree with teh car charging thing... annoying...

Guest popetodd

Funny thing about this, I flashed it and played for a bit then went back to the stable 1.9.0 without moving back on the amss and dsp1: it feels faster!

The camera starts up quicker and takes the pic in half the time and everything feels speedier in general.

Anyone else notice this effect?

Guest mrmrmrmr
I understand that this is using a precompiled kernel. Does that mean we'll not have tunnel module (tun.ko) for this build ?

Do we have any chance ?

p.s: paypal says that the donation was made to : L*ra Rob*s*n

I'd be glad if someone can confirm that it's correct recipient.

Does anyone else require tun.ko (tunnel module for VPN connections) on this ROM ?

while waiting for an answer from Steve, maybe someone can help me about it.

can you post the exact name of the linux kernel in this ROM ?

also I'd be glad if you can send the kernel config file from the filesystem ?

Guest j3zz

Dont know if it help, but i solve my sound problem with a

part of build.prop from streakdroid 1.9.1.

After reboot, my headphone jack seems to work.

Edit headphone only work with stereo headset. Return to original.build.prop

Edited by j3zz

Guest coronet

Some other things I've noticed: Wifi seems to stay connected even when not in range. IE, it doesn't switch to mobile network when you leave your house; you must manually turn off WiFi in the settings.

The default keyboard does not suggest corrections. This is a big annoyance if you love the gingerbread keyboard, but I assume installing a corrected keyboard APK will fix this.

Sounds works when you start up, versus in 1.9 it often did not and you'd have to go into settings to enable sound.

Battery seems to last longer, but I haven't fully confirmed this.

Sometimes you'll press the lock button, the screen will go blank but not turn back on. The only solution I have found is removing the battery and restarting the phone. I did not log the error, so I couldn't tell you the cause.

Headphone jack doesn't work.

The slider to answer/hang up buttons face the wrong way in the dial app, but that's no big deal.

I think that's all I have to report on. Otherwise the build is very good and I can't wait to see the progress on it!

Guest cnckck58
Funny thing about this, I flashed it and played for a bit then went back to the stable 1.9.0 without moving back on the amss and dsp1: it feels faster!

The camera starts up quicker and takes the pic in half the time and everything feels speedier in general.

Anyone else notice this effect?

Yes I agree I've seen the same thing returning to 1.9.0 from the newest release. Everything seems to be running faster and more stable on 1.9.0