StreakDroid v2.0.0 (GingerStreak)

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest fards
Sure, but most seem relatively positive... I think that, thanks to Stephen's sterling work the Dell Streak is gaining credibility. I'm sure someone at Dell must be reading this - if so, make sure there is a successor to the Streak and next time get the drivers out in the open and developer support right!

I still think the Dell Streak is the best portable computer on the market - a tablet I can take everywhere with ease, which doubles as a phone. Seriously cool :rolleyes:

Cheers

Brian

Just think what would happen if a couple of us got given pre-release 2nd generation streaks and the code to play with... :P

Guest rebski
Just think what would happen if a couple of us got given pre-release 2nd generation streaks and the code to play with... :P

Could that happen, do you think?

Dell appears to watch with some interest the work of you, Stephen and others on here. I am sure they see a potential benefit to themselves as well in doing so.

Guest alert_bri
Just think what would happen if a couple of us got given pre-release 2nd generation streaks and the code to play with... :rolleyes:

I agree, you should be rewarded materially for your efforts... Who was eligible to attend the google i/o conference recently? Didn't they each get a bribe/ freebie of a Samsung galaxy tab v10.1? Makes a couple of developer machines seem like small potatoes :P

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Guest Crinos512

I still think the Dell Streak is the best portable computer on the market - a tablet I can take everywhere with ease, which doubles as a phone. Seriously cool :P

Cheers

Brian

Does any one here know if the Streak7 has the capability to make phone calls?

Guest jmhalder
Didn't they each get a bribe/ freebie of a Samsung galaxy tab v10.1? Makes a couple of developer machines seem like small potatoes :P

Dell would rather hand them out to 1,000 people that don't necessarily give a crap: http://bit.ly/9y8IwX

If they gave em out to the 1,000 most influential "Streak" people/fans, I'd be somewhere in that list.

Guest wgizmo

Noobie request for pro users of dell streak. Its any chance one of you could make video "how to install gingerstreak" and upload on youtube? As me and few others who i know are not so good in this and i know its better to see it and read guide to do it good.

Guest JimiB

Hey,

Just flashed the new dsp libraries and then streak droid, and all i have is the shiny new streakdroid animation playing over and over, any ideas how to fix this? it's been going for about 8 mins now. QDL tool? or is there another way to fix this?

Cheers,

James

Guest Prolog
streakflash is your answer

@fards, I want to send my deepest thanks. Thanks for pointing this out to me. Streak back up and running. Thanks again.

Guest LuckySmurf

Did you try a factory reset?

Hey,

Just flashed the new dsp libraries and then streak droid, and all i have is the shiny new streakdroid animation playing over and over, any ideas how to fix this? it's been going for about 8 mins now. QDL tool? or is there another way to fix this?

Cheers,

James

Guest mtyrrell

I ended up going back to 1.9 myself. 2.0 didn't seem to offer anything I personally needed.

My bugs included:

• Starting up with a double Dell Logo
  • Any non-dell headset didn't work
  • Random restarts throughout the day
  • Wifi seemed unstable
  • H speeds stopped working (Stuck on 3G)
  • SD content disappeared by itself after a restart

Plus a few other little niggles. Overall it was quite stable and smooth but after the superb work in making 1.9 as fast as possible it just seemed to much of a slow down!

I'm personally hoping for a 3.0 Dell streak with phone capabilities just so I can show it off even more! :P

Guest coronet
  • H speeds stopped working (Stuck on 3G)

H is 3G. Just for reference all future builds may say 3G instead of H because that's what it's written as in stock builds. You can blame us Americans. 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G makes more sense than "GSM, GPRS, HSDPA, HSPDA+, LTE".

Guest Bob76

one bug that i have seen with this build is the video calling feature.in gingerbread. When I video called to my friend it went ok and I could see her video and hear the sound as well. She could also hear my voice but could not see my video. Also I could see my own video at the bottom right corner.

So that means that the front camera was working but it was not transmitting that video to the other end.

One more point to note was that the other person could not see my video icon that appears automatically if you have video supported.

Anybody having this problem....?

Guest mrmrmrmr
Does anyone else require tun.ko (tunnel module for VPN connections) on this ROM ?

while waiting for an answer from Steve, maybe someone can help me about it.

can you post the exact name of the linux kernel in this ROM ?

also I'd be glad if you can send the kernel config file from the filesystem ?

Guest jenny045

I updated to the new rom. However, when I plug my headphones in the phone it doesn't detect. Any ideas as to why it may not be working?

Guest JimiB
I updated to the new rom. However, when I plug my headphones in the phone it doesn't detect. Any ideas as to why it may not be working?

I had this also and couldn't fix it.

I found this version to be too unstable to use with some rebooting... Tried the cyanogenmod/streakdroid mashup thats on this forum and that was even worse, so I'm back to version 1.9...

Looking forward to future revisions as always, but currently i don't think it's quite there yet.

-jimi

Guest fards

use some headphones with a mic, (such as the original dell ones)

looks like the headset detect routine is checking for the jack plugs with 4 sections, rather than the more common 3

Guest Crinos512

I'm having the Random Reboots issue, and managed to get a CatLog capture from boot to reboot.

...would this prove helpful at all?

Guest mtyrrell
H is 3G. Just for reference all future builds may say 3G instead of H because that's what it's written as in stock builds. You can blame us Americans. 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G makes more sense than "GSM, GPRS, HSDPA, HSPDA+, LTE".

I presume it used to mean HSDPA+ then since I had 3G appearing alongside H on the previous builds I've used. :P

Cheers for enlightening me though!

Guest fards

I think the issue people are seeing with the gps can be fixed.

I've not tested this exhaustively yet, but SUPL isn't enabled by default in the APNs (which are set to be non-edited)

need to change two lines in build.prop

ro.build.OEM_PRESET_APN_LOCK=0

ro.build.OEM_PRESET_APN_HIDE=0
and reboot to allow editing of the APNS... then go to settings/wireless and networks/ mobile networks/access point names/ choose the default APN(top one with a circle) scroll down to apn type and select default and supl.. kill gps start it again see if it connects quicker there's two other config files to play with . gps.conf (which we used to tweak) and loc_parameter.ini both are in /etc gps.conf can be changed
DEBUG_LEVEL =0

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
and see if it works for you loc_parameter.ini can be changed
 use_logcat=0

operation_mode=5 (or 6)

Edited by fards

Guest kirkla79
I think the issue people are seeing with the gps can be fixed.

I've not tested this exhaustively yet, but SUPL isn't enabled by default in the APNs (which are set to be non-edited)

need to change two lines in build.prop

ro.build.OEM_PRESET_APN_LOCK=0

ro.build.OEM_PRESET_APN_HIDE=0
and reboot to allow editing of the APNS... then go to settings/wireless and networks/ mobile networks/access point names/ choose the default APN(top one with a circle) scroll down to apn type and select default and supl.. kill gps start it again see if it connects quicker there's two other config files to play with . gps.conf (which we used to tweak) and loc_parameter.ini both are in /etc gps.conf can be changed
DEBUG_LEVEL =0

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
and see if it works for you loc_parameter.ini can be changed
 use_logcat=0

operation_mode=5 (or 6)

Thanks!

Just enabling the SUPL got my GPS working.

Did the rest just in case, seems faster but only tested a few times. Just glad to have GPS back.

Edited by kirkla79

Guest mrmrmrmr
Does anyone else require tun.ko (tunnel module for VPN connections) on this ROM ?

while waiting for an answer from Steve, maybe someone can help me about it.

can you post the exact name of the linux kernel in this ROM ?

also I'd be glad if you can send the kernel config file from the filesystem ?

hello eveyone...

I'm not asking for much. Just the exact kernel name in the ROM.

(you can get that by doing a "uname -a" in terminal emulator)

and if possible , the config file from the proc filesystem.

I will try to compile the tunnel driver so that we can use vpn connections on this ROM.