StreakDroid v2.0.0 (GingerStreak)

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest neil tring

i reflashed a 1.90 rom after Gingerstreak but now i have problems with the home button not working, but registering with haptic feedback, also if i turn my phone off certain apps lose settings and my sms get deleted.. any ideas?

Guest Crinos512
i reflashed a 1.90 rom after Gingerstreak but now i have problems with the home button not working, but registering with haptic feedback, also if i turn my phone off certain apps lose settings and my sms get deleted.. any ideas?

You may have to do a factory reset to cleat the GingerBread settings.

Edited by Crinos512

Guest neil tring
You may have to do a factory reset to cleat the GingerBread settings.

I have flashed and factory reset about 3 times now lol. Doesnt explain why it deletes things when it powers off.

Guest fards
I have flashed and factory reset about 3 times now lol. Doesnt explain why it deletes things when it powers off.

thats usually a symptom of using the speedhack, loop filesystem.

Guest Azurren

Did you use Dells factory reset from Dells recovery menu?

(Only one that actually works properly)

Guest neil tring
thats usually a symptom of using the speedhack, loop filesystem.

Anyway round that?

And yes i used both the dell factory reset and the one after installing streakdroid

Guest P4TR1CK
Did you use Dells factory reset from Dells recovery menu?

(Only one that actually works properly)

@Azurren: Is doing sa factory reset from dell's recovery menu different from deleting/wiping data (reset to default) in CWM? Thks

Guest Azurren
@Azurren: Is doing sa factory reset from dell's recovery menu different from deleting/wiping data (reset to default) in CWM? Thks

Very different in the fact that the clockwork/ streakmod doesnt actually work correctly. You will need to do this before (or after) every major rom flash

Edited by Azurren

Guest P4TR1CK
Very different in the fact that the clockwork/ streakmod doesnt actually work correctly. You will need to do this before (or after) every major rom flash

Thanks man! Now I'm able to successfully flash StreakDroid v2.0! Cheers! ;)

Guest garrows

Hey Guys,

Its great to finally have gingerbread.

However I'm having one big problem. My phone is continuously restarting by itself.

What I've done:

Factory reset (using both dell and streakmod)

Flashed streakdroid v2

Applied the DSP file with fastboot

Cleared battery data

I haven't applied the baseband. Where should I acquire it from?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest Azurren
my streak is having endless loop with streakdroid by dj_steve screen...help pls !!!

Have you tried performing a Dell factory reset (From Dells recovery menu)?

Guest gypsydigi

I was just running 2.0... seems pretty decent with some minor hiccups.

I did get random reboots. approx 3-4 a day (that i noticed at least). SD card had a problem showing up every now and then. Build didn't feel as quick as 1.9. Other then that everything seems to work perfect. Infact my gps was great too. Quad scores were very low. 1200 only. considering my 1.9 gets over double that I had no choice but to downgrade back.

But great work. I can't wait until this matures!

Just downgraded back to 1.9.0. But i kept the 2.0 DSP1

Guest fards

I have an update.zip coming for this which fixes a fair chunk of the issues. I have posted quite a lot of fixes already in the streakdroid 2.0 thread on xda..

I've just compiled the crypto modules for the kernel, so now apps will install that were failing before.

extract the files from the folder, copy them to /system/lib/modules/ and CHMOD 644 them (essential)

you can insmod them manually if they dont get picked up on reboot.

Guest fards

heres my Update.zip for this

mirrored thanks to Marvin02

http://rdtk.net/files/streakdroid/fards-streakdroid-20b2.zip

and DynamicRam

http://www.multiupload.com/CLJ8ZVNZLG

When flashing over the initial sd2.0 please clear /cache and /dalvik-cache..

its Still far from perfect, DO NO EXPECT THIS TO BE 100% STABLE

but it makes the alpha level build into beta level I think

so at least 95% stable, I use it for general day 2 day stuff, but I like fixing broken things.

it has the modules from above post incuded.

it has the honeycomb theme in from Dynamic Ram (which looks great!)

lots of tweaks, lots of changed files, should be more responsive, crash less, and 3d works..

there's two options to play with in build.prop..

compositor=mdp

enables better 3d performance, but slower 2d stuff like overlays (those white scrolling menus etc )

where as compositor=ebi

gives you better 2d performance, slightly slower 3d, but does hang up on stuff like webrowsing sometimes..

any issues, tough... I'm not here

(no seriously I'm off racing at www.cyclevision.nl )

Guest vanemburghj

Fards know you are out of mostly out of the net for the next few days, however want to just say a big THANK YOU, loving the patch and have me some 2.3.3 goodness on my Steak, cooked up GingerBread font pack, icons, etc at UOT Kitchen and it is the best my Streak has ever looked.

Thanks again to you, DJ_Steve and all the folks that make this happen for the rest of us simple minded folks :)

Edited by vanemburghj

Guest jehdesai
in case anyones interested, the market version of quadrant standard does not have textures missing,

I guess the version included needs updating to cope with GB

Hello Guys

I have updated to streakdriod 2.0 , but im not able to find " backup & restore" icon ,i had backed up all the setting ,contacts etc on it before updating now I cant restore,even nandriod doesnot restore.

plz help

Guest vanemburghj
Hello Guys

I have updated to streakdriod 2.0 , but im not able to find " backup & restore" icon ,i had backed up all the setting ,contacts etc on it before updating now I cant restore,even nandriod doesnot restore.

plz help

Dell backup and restore if I remember correctly was not included in 2.3.3 build, you need to backup using another program, my preferred backup app is mybackup pro. Can you Nandroid restore to your last working version? If so pretty simple, restore to last working version, make backup, load 2.0.0 restore.

Guest 20or21

Hey Steve love the Roms.

Just quick question, is there anyway in one of your roms to implement BlueZ (i believe 4.0) or something with AVRCP 1.3 support, I have an in-dash stereo and my biggest pet peeve with Android in general is their support of newer Bluetooth hardware =/ I know its a lot to ask, I was just wondering. THX