StreakDroid v2.0.0 (GingerStreak)

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mba07

Experiences of Gingerstreak

First installation :-

android menu's very slow

HW sf disabled in build.prop. This speeded the system up.

Now up to 200mb free ram.

Quadrant seeing about 1500

Battery draining 3-5% per hour

Installed fards version

Menu is much better

Battery still draining shows cell standby as the main culprit.

quadrant shows up to 1750

Put the local prop in to /data now when booting up lock screen states no sim card yet i can dial and when you enter a number to dial it puts in - characters.

e.g.

01234567890 comes out as 012-34567-890

What does the local.prop do?

Any idea's how to resolve this and improve battery life.

Edited by mba07

Guest Azurren
Why are there zero pictures of Gingerstreak anywhere on the internet?

Because you can find pictures of gingerbread anywhere (Looks exactly the same) and the streak has "issues" with screen capture :)

Feel free to post some pictures though

Guest AIR-WIZZ

I haven't gone crazy researching this before posting this question cuz I'm looking for a quick answer.

What happened to Streakdroid.com?

I haven't been there in a while because I have it memorized. The Guides section was critical to my education. I have set up several Streaks this year but my buddy is a new Streak user and wants to educate himself and be as proficient as I am with updates and upgrades, etc. Without StreakDroid site, this will be harder. So please...

Are the Guides Steve had there posted anywhere else?

Guest vanemburghj
I haven't gone crazy researching this before posting this question cuz I'm looking for a quick answer.

I haven't been there in a while because I have it memorized. The Guides section was critical to my education. I have set up several Streaks this year but my buddy is a new Streak user and wants to educate himself and be as proficient as I am with updates and upgrades, etc. Without StreakDroid site, this will be harder. So please...

Are the Guides Steve had there posted anywhere else?

Streakdroid is still there with tutorials, just updated a bit, am almost sure that if you click a few of the links on the page you will find what you are looking for. As for guides, the one I use I got from XDA, could provide both, but that would take all your fun away...... :)

Guest Azurren
Streakdroid is still there with tutorials, just updated a bit, am almost sure that if you click a few of the links on the page you will find what you are looking for. As for guides, the one I use I got from XDA, could provide both, but that would take all your fun away...... :)

StreakDroid has come back online with PHPNuke.. Not to impressed tbh as PHPNuke (And the likes) is more suited to fourms and clan portals, not for websites

Although PHPNuke is easily managed. I know Steve was finding it hard to manage his old website

Guest marvin02

Actually the new streakdroid site looks as if it has been abandoned.

The guides that were on the old site aren't there. I submitted them as zip files and the links (in the DL area) return a 404 error.

The forum is full of spam and is not moderated.

Guest fards
Actually the new streakdroid site looks as if it has been abandoned.

The guides that were on the old site aren't there. I submitted them as zip files and the links (in the DL area) return a 404 error.

The forum is full of spam and is not moderated.

steve has asked for someone to look after the site.

Guest vanemburghj
steve has asked for someone to look after the site.

@Fards I have offered multiple times to help manage it, with all that Steve has done for us, I would like to return the favor as fan of his work. Along with it is something that I can do for other Streak users since development is way out of my lane (leave that to you professionals). Have not heard back from him, if you have inside lane let him know of my desire to help with Streakdroid.com.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fards

I'm still having serious Issues with sensors on the dell aplha kernel code.

dell aren't using the current method to set them up (each in dev/input) but using a middle layer sensors_daemon, which combines them all...it doesn't work!

I have made great strides with the kernel though..

Here's one with some massive amounts of tweaking to it (plus an init.streak.post_boot.sh)

it has O/c to 1190 but 1152 works best for me, it also has "smoothass" as the default governor, and lots and lots of tweaks and hacks..

If the sensors could be fixed I'd be happy with this now !

the init.streak goes in /etc/ and has lots of memory stuff, including tweaks to teh lowmemkiller

smoothasstweaks.zip

Guest Azurren

I'm still having serious Issues with sensors on the dell aplha kernel code.

dell aren't using the current method to set them up (each in dev/input) but using a middle layer sensors_daemon, which combines them all...it doesn't work!

I have made great strides with the kernel though..

Here's one with some massive amounts of tweaking to it (plus an init.streak.post_boot.sh)

it has O/c to 1190 but 1152 works best for me, it also has "smoothass" as the default governor, and lots and lots of tweaks and hacks..

If the sensors could be fixed I'd be happy with this now !

the init.streak goes in /etc/ and has lots of memory stuff, including tweaks to teh lowmemkiller

smoothasstweaks.zip

Thanks for the release!

Actually I may try this now.. My current 1.9.0 build is starting to get bogged down and I need to update to 1.9.1 anyway, I've been meaning to test your build anyway :D

Is it just a standard update.zip flash or does it require specific development modulus to be fast-boot flashed first? And what isn't working?

Guest fards

Thanks for the release!

Actually I may try this now.. My current 1.9.0 build is starting to get bogged down and I need to update to 1.9.1 anyway, I've been meaning to test your build anyway :D

Is it just a standard update.zip flash or does it require specific development modulus to be fast-boot flashed first? And what isn't working?

its a kernel and init... to go with my 2.01 release.

you need to flash the kernel using fastboot.

init into etc/

sensors doesnt work so no rotate. no compass no proximity no lightsensor.

so its stuck in landscape unless an app specifically requests a rotate

if that kernel causes issues (smoothass maybe a bit too tweaked, I'm testing some more, but I noticed a low power issue this morning)

then try this one, which was rock solid.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15741207&postcount=693

Edited by fards

Guest fards

Some more kernels to play with..

three in the zip,

12v should get the 12carcharging working (but breaks adb debugging).

gpio has some gpio fixes and tweaks.

VR is gpio kernel with VR I/O Scheduler enabled.

http://www.gelato.un...ing/VRscheduler <<< some basic tweaking info

SENSORS STILL DONT WORK so no rotate/compass etc

I still need help on this! //\\ //\\ //\\ //\\

If anyone can make sense of the following.. please let me know!

I understand the concept but the dell kernel code I'm using has sensors_daemon and uses that as a middleman, doing something odd that stops the sensors from being registered in /dev/input/

if anyone can make sense of the following, please let me know!

http://groups.google.com/group/android-kernel/browse_thread/thread/891d59665e41a72c/6b25d7f3d067d184?#6b25d7f3d067d184

3 testing kernels.

http://dl.dropbox.co...kerneltests.zip

Edited by fards

Guest fards

to flash these EXPERIMENTAL KERNELS

only designed for sd2.01 (gingerbread)

extract them somewhere (such as a folder called EXPERIMENTAL_KERNELS)

go into fastboot mode (power on holding camera button, choose fastboot)

connect to your computer start a terminal/command shell (google it if you don't know how!)

in the command shell

cd  EXPERIMENTAL_KERNEL

adb push init.streak.post_boot.sh  etc/[/size][/font][/color]

fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot <<<WHATEEVERTHENAMEOFTHEBOOT.img>>>>

fastboot -i 0x413 reboot

Print  DONT HARRASS FARDS with THE SENSORS DONT WORK AND ITS STUCK IN LANDSCAPE

Edited by fards

Guest Adam Mallinson

Hi Fards

Glad to see your still actively working on this and making good progress too. The landscape issue for me doesnt really matter as i prefer using the streak in landscape and dont like the apps that force me into portrait.

How is the battery life with this update?

Also has StreakDroid 2.01 been released or is that just StreakDroid 2.0 plus your earlier update.zip file?

Keep up the good work, do you have a donation page like Steve or not?

Guest fards

Hi Fards

Glad to see your still actively working on this and making good progress too. The landscape issue for me doesnt really matter as i prefer using the streak in landscape and dont like the apps that force me into portrait.

How is the battery life with this update?

Also has StreakDroid 2.01 been released or is that just StreakDroid 2.0 plus your earlier update.zip file?

Keep up the good work, do you have a donation page like Steve or not?

its my earlier update.zip

these kernels still aren't ready to be included in an update..

on smoothass its not too bad battery life, unfortunately with the powermanager issue (wakelock it looks like) still have to resort to nasty hack to stop it dying.

That seems to make it less efficient than it needs to be, but on normal use it seems good for 13hrs on stock battery.

Guest Adam Mallinson

Just another quick question, which kernel of yours would you recommend for normal usage (texts, web browsing, basic apps (not many games)?

Guest fards

Just another quick question, which kernel of yours would you recommend for normal usage (texts, web browsing, basic apps (not many games)?

The VR one works fine for me, no need to overclock it for that usage.

Guest fards

ADW_Maniac has got the 12v usb car charger working with usual adb etc

Great job!

here's a 12v test kernel to check it works ok,

(I've built it on a 32bit machine at work )

http://db.tt/FWBjhiF

seems pretty solid, except for those sensors!

Edited by fards

Guest Adam Mallinson

Hi Fards

Whats the difference between the VRSchedboot kernel file and the VDDSmoothAssboot kernel file?

Do they both allow overclocking?

Going to put this on at the weekend hopefully