25 May r1: Superboot (and then some!) for the Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PixelFunk

Just rebooted using the Superboot img by Paul. Runs well on U8800H V100R001C00B136CUSTC38D001 without any problems. Thank you very much for the image Paul!

Guest Ahmad Zuman

ok sorry for being such a noob but ..

1- i have u8800H runing latest firmware available (2.2.1)

i have arabic language in my device if flash using this Superboot will i loose arabic language ?

2- in case some thing went wrong is there anyway to recover ?

Guest Poulsen8r
ok sorry for being such a noob but ..

1- i have u8800H runing latest firmware available (2.2.1)

i have arabic language in my device if flash using this Superboot will i loose arabic language ?

2- in case some thing went wrong is there anyway to recover ?

This will not work with the U8800H, which uses a different radio, since the modules will not be enabled in the kernel.

Guest Ahmad Zuman
This will not work with the U8800H, which uses a different radio, since the modules will not be enabled in the kernel.

thank you for your replay ,, are you intending to make one for the U8800H ?

Guest That-Guy
Okay applied this superboot thingy, how do I know if it really worked?

You should see an App Called SuperUser installed :D

This App allows you to control which apps can have root privileges.

Guest Cirno
You should see an App Called SuperUser installed :D

This App allows you to control which apps can have root privileges.

Seeing it, lol I feel really stupid, maybe I am :-)

Guest Pulseuser1

I tried downloading the superboot image but every i do, it just stops at just a few KB (500-900KB) is there something wrong with the download link ?

Guest That-Guy
I tried downloading the superboot image but every i do, it just stops at just a few KB (500-900KB) is there something wrong with the download link ?

Working fine for me, have you tried a different web browser?

Im using Chrome ;)

Guest Pulseuser1
Working fine for me, have you tried a different web browser?

Im using Chrome ;)

Yeah so far i've tried: Opera Browser, IE8 and Mozilla Firefox...none of them have worked :D

EDIT: Now ive just tried Chrome, same problem. the download just gets interupted and simply stops :D

EDIT 2: Finally worked after hundreds of tries :P

Edited by Pulseuser1

Guest jchamier
Yeah so far i've tried: Opera Browser, IE8 and Mozilla Firefox...none of them have worked ;)

I'm getting the same, first 10 tries or so I got a 400k file. Now getting a 7.9mb file, but the MD5 doesn't match.

WTF?

Guest Pulseuser1

Lol for some reason this is much slower than the stock ROM i had initially, no idea why though, i did everything correctly ;)

Guest That-Guy
Lol for some reason this is much slower than the stock ROM i had initially, no idea why though, i did everything correctly :P

Are you using this with the B136 Firmware? As this was the Firmware it was designed for/created on ;)

Guest That-Guy
Would this superboot work with B160 ROM ?

Some people are reporting reboots with Superboot and B160. Best answer I can give is to try, just backup your existing boot image first.

Let us know how you get on!

Guys, just curious, will I be able to revert back to the original bootloader after using Paul's Superboot...? Do I just replace it with the original bootloader...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adnan Khan
Introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

My Superboot image for the Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 does more than this though. As well as rooting your device, it will install a custom optimised kernel, convert your device from EXT3 to EXT4 (for increased performance), install busybox with shortcuts and install TUN/CIFS kernel modules! :D

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Download

• Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 5bfde2790a4cca2a9d106ef42111da47

How to use Superboot

• Turn off your device
    • Turn your device on while holding 'volume up' and 'volume down' the screen will turn purple
    • Plug the device into your PC. A number of 'USB drives' will appear, including one with a single directory named 'image'.
    • From this directory, copy the boot.img and keep somewhere safe (this is your 'undo' mechanism)
    • Copy the downloaded image above to the image directory named boot.img
    • Eject the USB drives and restart your device (by pulling the battery)

Enjoy! B)

P

Hi to Forum Members

I am just new to Andriod and I followed the steps with my Hauwei IDEOS X5 to use Superboot, but after following all step my Wifi connection is in "Turning on" mode. any solution ?

Edited by Adnan Khan