Flash a locked phone??

Guest elAle

Guest elAle

Hello, i'm new here...

This is my question:

I have a GT540f, LOCKED, and i want to upgrade it to 2.1. Is it possible doing this without unlocking it? Would i make any damage to the phone if i try??

My idea was to flash it with Europe Open as i speak Spanish mainly.

Thank you all!

Guest JackG
Hello, i'm new here...

This is my question:

I have a GT540f, LOCKED, and i want to upgrade it to 2.1. Is it possible doing this without unlocking it? Would i make any damage to the phone if i try??

Thank you all!

Yes you can still flash, but this will not remove the network lock, you will need an unlock code if you plan to unlock.

Jack

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hello, i'm new here...

This is my question:

Thank you all!

Network Locking has no impact on being able to flash a new ROM. -- Actually if you unlock the device, and then upgrade it to 2.1 using the LG upgrade tool it will be Network Locked again.

The chance of hardware damage is almost non-existent, so don't panic about that... the main "risk" involved is the loss of personal settings, but since they are so easily re-added that's not much of an issue.

Just for future note: There is no difference between ROM's for the GT540f and the GT540 (Most will just state that they are for the GT540, but will work fine on the GT540f also).