Best music player w/EQ?

Guest CrystalLettuce

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
A site I use did a poll and poweramp came out on top, haven't used it hefty price tag

http://lifehacker.com/5805924/the-best-mus...ion-for-android

Power amp is the best imho. Excellent eq, full size widget with album art and lock screen widget.

If u dont wanna play could you not just flash cm7 and use the default player. Cm7 comes with an eq built in, I think, with differnt setting for when headphones are plugged in or bluetooth enabled. Some one would need to confirm that thou, aint used in myself yet.

Guest ColdEmbrace
Power amp is the best imho. Excellent eq, full size widget with album art and lock screen widget.

If u dont wanna play could you not just flash cm7 and use the default player. Cm7 comes with an eq built in, I think, with differnt setting for when headphones are plugged in or bluetooth enabled. Some one would need to confirm that thou, aint used in myself yet.

You mean the DSP Equalizer thing, they that works for everything though calls and music depending on how you set it

Guest unrandomsam

Poweramp is crap. (Doesn't sound good which is the main thing)

You should use rockbox for android

http://www.alice-dsl.net/simonemartitz/roc...box-480x800.apk

If you just need extra volume then use

andless (The default setting work pretty well)

(*Poweramp* does loads of dumb stuff like resuming whatever you were playing

regardless of how long ago it was just by plugging the headphones in).

Poweramp is just an ffmpeg gui nothing more (and the license complience is a total afterthought.

If you get the (ancient) ffmpeg source they have then you can see they haven't made any useful changes.

(Could be worth supporting them if they were making quality ffmpeg contributions.)

Edited by unrandomsam

Guest CrystalLettuce

NO. I had a nightmare trying to Flash CM7 last night. Endless reboot. Nothing worked.

Is it possible to change global EQ on the phone without upgrading to 2.3? It seems like it could put out quite a bit more bass than it's doing without farting out.

Guest targetbsp

Poweramp. The sound quality is just fantastic compared to anything else I've tried. Actually Soundbest Player (as it's name suggests) sounded a little better (it even gave you a hearing test to tweak the EQ to your own hearing which was OTT but cool :rolleyes: ) but the interface was buggy and last I checked it seemed to have been pulled from the market. [edit] Having searched again it appears to have returned. Whether they've updated it or not I don't know.

back to poweramp, contrary to the above posters point of view, resume when you reconnect headphones is great IMO. Maybe I just like it cause I replaced an ipod with this software so I'm used to usability enhancements like that. :P I must admit I'm normally someone who just wants basic functionality from my software, but not in this case.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest MikeRame

"(*Poweramp* does loads of dumb stuff like resuming whatever you were playing

regardless of how long ago it was just by plugging the headphones in)."

You can turn this feature off, just uncheck the box. I did so.

Edited by MikeRame

Guest ty_hot

im in love with the Fede's Music app that was posted here a few weeks ago.

Smooth and clean.

(its a copy of the WP7 music player)

Guest NickNuke33

PowerAmp Definitely! :P

It allows you to customize alot of features.

Including whether or not you want the music to resume when headphones are plugged in as MikeRame said.

You can download the free 15-day trial to see if you like it enough to buy it.

Poweramp is not so good,the E.Q distorts,

Mixzing was good,but if like me you switched roms and had no backup of mixzing

you cant download the pro key again,or at least i can see no way.

By far the best ive used is playerpro

just a note: a good player is only as good as the headphones you use!

Edited by Guest

Guest unrandomsam
Poweramp is not so good,the E.Q distorts,

Mixzing was good,but if like me you switched roms and had no backup of mixzing

you cant download the pro key again,or at least i can see no way.

By far the best ive used is playerpro

just a note: a good player is only as good as the headphones you use!

playerpro uses the native android codecs. (Makes it no better than stock player).

poweramp uses ffmpeg (and doesn't release his LGPL source).

rockbox have their own codecs they sound really nice. (Through the phone or via bluetooth to some good speakers).

(and its opensource).

I don't think its possible to get really good sound out of the blade (Perhaps with a really good bluetooth set of headphones but bluetooth is not reliable on any blade rom I have used).

For music the only thing that matters is what your ears tell you. (Rockbox does have some minor graphical issues but my ears tell me its far and away the best.)

Andless is opensource as well, no eq but for anything thats mixed well it sounds great don't have to mess around with eq's at all.

I have tested all these by the way.

Guest cenwulf
Looking for a good music player, with EQ. Preferably free, but if there's no alternative I'll pay.

The only player with free EQ I know of is Mixzing.