• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[RECOVERY] CWM-based Recovery 5.0.2.7-R2

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Quick update of both internal and external SD supporting recoveries to v5.0.2.7-R2

Both .img files in one package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ys6ps2s9rpbm9pc/cwm-5.0.2.7-R2.zip

MD5#: d2264c6631db5c5c4da8dabf6ff2fa01

By request a quick explanation of the difference between the two recoveries:

Usually, your recovery image will look on the external SD card for ROMs to flash, and backups to restore, and the external version here is no different. For the most part that is fine and dandy (unless you don't have an SD card I guess), however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit.

The internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc.

NOTE: Backups made with v5 are not compatible with earlier versions.

Source Changelog (Built 11/11/11): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/gingerbread/

Changes by Me

1. None this time, as I doubt anyone uses SD-EXT or cares about the splash

Older versions:

All credits to Koush for a hell of a lot of hard work.

Edited by Rusty!

Posted

This isn't a good idea. If you for some reason don't get into Android anymore, and encounter problems with ADB in recovery mode, there is no way to access the internal SD anymore in order to flash an update.zip.

Posted

I tried getting internal on /sdcard and external on /sdcard/_ExternalSD, it seems to mount but wont browse it.

If things go badly tits up, you would need to NVFLash the external SD CWM I guess.

Posted

Nice idea. will test it soon.

Posted

GG it's perfect for me ! thx :P

Posted

Few bug fixes added

Posted (edited)

Now internal & external builds, upped to version 3.2.0.1

Edited by Rusty!

Posted

Now internal & external builds, upped to version 3.2.0.1

Im a bit confusing right now.

After install (ext version), I used the Paul recovery app for reset in recovery mode. But, when I run the application, seems that it start to updating the recovery again and it keep in a loop try for reset.

So, I turn off the phone (in the right way), and started with power - vol down. Now, the phone shows me:

S/W Upgrade

Please, wait while upgrading

It has pass about 7 minutes... and nothing. There is not status bar or anything...

this is normal??? What is S/W Upgrade?

Im using FR18 modacos rom.

Thanks

Posted

Im a bit confusing right now.

After install (ext version), I used the Paul recovery app for reset in recovery mode. But, when I run the application, seems that it start to updating the recovery again and it keep in a loop try for reset.

So, I turn off the phone (in the right way), and started with power - vol down. Now, the phone shows me:

S/W Upgrade

Please, wait while upgrading

It has pass about 7 minutes... and nothing. There is not status bar or anything...

this is normal??? What is S/W Upgrade?

Im using FR18 modacos rom.

Edit: Well... I unplug the battery and I tried again. Now, the recovery shows me 4.0.0.2... I dont know what happened really :S

Thanks

Posted

You get to S/W Update by holding vol- without power, still looks like you're sorted now ;)

Posted

Thanks Rusty!

P

Posted

Something I've realised today:

The internal version actually can browse the external SD as well! You have to mount it manually from ADB though, the built in mount function seems to fail (without error) for some reason.

adb shell mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/_ExternalSD

Posted

Hi @all,

i noticed that the function ClockworkMod->Advanced->Reboot Recovery does not work!

Can anyone confirm this ? Many thanks for the effort until now, Rusty !

Posted

it keeps saying waiting for device if iwant 2 install it.... and ye usb debuggin is on.

Posted

Does 'adb devices' pick up your phone OK?

Posted

Does 'adb devices' pick up your phone OK?

how can i check that

Posted

Type it in the command prompt

Posted

it say device not found

it's on usb debugging... and if i do mass storage it see's the SD card on PC..

Posted

Must be a driver thing then, ADB needs to recognise the phone before it can work.

Try the ones from the radio update sticky thread.

Posted

where's the radio topic ? i can't find it!

Posted

still not working,

what is DD?

tx

Posted

A command:

dd if=/pathto/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

Posted

In 4.0.1.4 R2 (ext), I have to mount my external SD card manually with adb as the file system is directly on /dev/block/mmcblk1

In Paul's 4.0.0.5 and previous versions this was not not necessary. Maybe because of this line in /etc/recovery.fstab :

/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1

Could you fix that? Or should this better go directly to CWM?

Thanks,

M.

Posted

That isnt added by me, it's part of the source. It means that if the external SD is missing/not dectected, it will use internal instead.

I could (of course) remove it, but a) it makes sense to have it and B) if it's not there you'll just get a can't find SD card error instead.

Actually, I built a one off with out it for someone now I think about it, feel free to test: http://www.mediafire.com/?s6a38hh3hs8d3ue