[RECOVERY] CWM-based Recovery 5.0.2.7-R2

Guest Rusty!

Guest Rusty!

Quick update of both internal and external SD supporting recoveries to v5.0.2.7-R2

Both .img files in one package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ys6ps2s9rpbm9pc/cwm-5.0.2.7-R2.zip

MD5#: d2264c6631db5c5c4da8dabf6ff2fa01

By request a quick explanation of the difference between the two recoveries:

Usually, your recovery image will look on the external SD card for ROMs to flash, and backups to restore, and the external version here is no different. For the most part that is fine and dandy (unless you don't have an SD card I guess), however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit.

The internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc.

NOTE: Backups made with v5 are not compatible with earlier versions.

Source Changelog (Built 11/11/11): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/gingerbread/

Changes by Me

1. None this time, as I doubt anyone uses SD-EXT or cares about the splash

Older versions:

All credits to Koush for a hell of a lot of hard work.

Edited by Rusty!

Guest maxisma

This isn't a good idea. If you for some reason don't get into Android anymore, and encounter problems with ADB in recovery mode, there is no way to access the internal SD anymore in order to flash an update.zip.

Guest Rusty!

I tried getting internal on /sdcard and external on /sdcard/_ExternalSD, it seems to mount but wont browse it.

If things go badly tits up, you would need to NVFLash the external SD CWM I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cheloman
Now internal & external builds, upped to version 3.2.0.1

Im a bit confusing right now.

After install (ext version), I used the Paul recovery app for reset in recovery mode. But, when I run the application, seems that it start to updating the recovery again and it keep in a loop try for reset.

So, I turn off the phone (in the right way), and started with power - vol down. Now, the phone shows me:

S/W Upgrade

Please, wait while upgrading

It has pass about 7 minutes... and nothing. There is not status bar or anything...

this is normal??? What is S/W Upgrade?

Im using FR18 modacos rom.

Thanks

Guest cheloman
Im a bit confusing right now.

After install (ext version), I used the Paul recovery app for reset in recovery mode. But, when I run the application, seems that it start to updating the recovery again and it keep in a loop try for reset.

So, I turn off the phone (in the right way), and started with power - vol down. Now, the phone shows me:

S/W Upgrade

Please, wait while upgrading

It has pass about 7 minutes... and nothing. There is not status bar or anything...

this is normal??? What is S/W Upgrade?

Im using FR18 modacos rom.

Edit: Well... I unplug the battery and I tried again. Now, the recovery shows me 4.0.0.2... I dont know what happened really :S

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rusty!

Something I've realised today:

The internal version actually can browse the external SD as well! You have to mount it manually from ADB though, the built in mount function seems to fail (without error) for some reason.

adb shell mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/_ExternalSD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tasse01

Hi @all,

i noticed that the function ClockworkMod->Advanced->Reboot Recovery does not work!

Can anyone confirm this ? Many thanks for the effort until now, Rusty !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rusty!

Must be a driver thing then, ADB needs to recognise the phone before it can work.

Try the ones from the radio update sticky thread.

Guest morckx

In 4.0.1.4 R2 (ext), I have to mount my external SD card manually with adb as the file system is directly on /dev/block/mmcblk1

In Paul's 4.0.0.5 and previous versions this was not not necessary. Maybe because of this line in /etc/recovery.fstab :

/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1

Could you fix that? Or should this better go directly to CWM?

Thanks,

M.

Guest Rusty!

That isnt added by me, it's part of the source. It means that if the external SD is missing/not dectected, it will use internal instead.

I could (of course) remove it, but a) it makes sense to have it and B) if it's not there you'll just get a can't find SD card error instead.

Actually, I built a one off with out it for someone now I think about it, feel free to test: http://www.mediafire.com/?s6a38hh3hs8d3ue