Calibrator tool for Beta2 on O2.

Guest hayashi1986

Guest hayashi1986

Hi all,

I figured some of you may want a tool to calibrate the touchscreen in Android since we all have resistive screens. The build doesn't seem to include such a tool and I've been searching for months trying to find one we could all use. Well, it turns out this lemon of a phone I bought from DX comes with a calibration tool, so I rooted it and ripped the APK.

Hope this helps the majority who are sick of their touchscreens being out of alignment lol :P

Just open the zip file, copy it to your SD card and run it from File Manager!

Cheers,

Nick

Calibrator.zip

Edited by hayashi1986

• 3 months later...

Voyteckst, is there a reason my screen is so badly calibrated in android, and seems to work fine in Winmo? When I run calibrate tool, I notice as I move my finger from top of screen to bottom that the red dot follows my finger untill I get near the bottom(about 3/4 down), then the red dot falls behind, so when I reach the bottom the dot is about 8mm from the bottom. This makes my i8000 almost unusable with android. Is this a hardware problem or driver issue? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

TRoN

Edit:

I found these values in data/etc/pointercal:

20348 -207 -26813464 369 -26067 78543672 65536

Have no clue what they mean.

Edited by TRoN_1

Guest Gurbanyo

Hi all.i have b7620.android works.but qwerty in beta2 no work from beta1.and first problem is calibration.in my phone working wrong.left and right sides.how i can calibrate android?or it have to be in kernel?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest voyteckst

Hi all.i have b7620.android works.but qwerty in beta2 no work from beta1.and first problem is calibration.in my phone working wrong.left and right sides.how i can calibrate android?or it have to be in kernel?

Sorry, this is i8000 android forum.

Voyteckst, is there a reason my screen is so badly calibrated in android, and seems to work fine in Winmo? When I run calibrate tool, I notice as I move my finger from top of screen to bottom that the red dot follows my finger untill I get near the bottom(about 3/4 down), then the red dot falls behind, so when I reach the bottom the dot is about 8mm from the bottom. This makes my i8000 almost unusable with android. Is this a hardware problem or driver issue? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

TRoN

Edit:

I found these values in data/etc/pointercal:

20348 -207 -26813464 369 -26067 78543672 65536

Have no clue what they mean.

Maybe it's a matter of permissions. Open Dev Tools -> Terminal

Use commands:

su

chmod a+rw /data/etc/pointercal

Use calibrator to calibrate Your screen.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest TRoN_1

Thanks for the reply voyteckst. I tried the command

su

chmod a+rw /data/etc/pointercal

Nothing changed. Still not calibrated :(

Edited by TRoN_1