Am i lucky or unlucky??

Guest stevieboy2k

Guest stevieboy2k

I currently work for a public transport company and ive got a friend in lost property and he handed me a phone that hasent been collected for the past 3 months and its a Samsung Galaxy S now ive rooted it and unlocked it as its currently on a Tmobile boot up an ive got a o2 card But :P ive got a Blue Circle with a line though on the top bar :rolleyes: does this mean that the phone has been barred?? and also does this mean the phone is as much use as a chocolate teapot or am i missing something

I currently work for a public transport company and ive got a friend in lost property and he handed me a phone that hasent been collected for the past 3 months and its a Samsung Galaxy S now ive rooted it and unlocked it as its currently on a Tmobile boot up an ive got a o2 card But :P ive got a Blue Circle with a line though on the top bar <_< does this mean that the phone has been barred?? and also does this mean the phone is as much use as a chocolate teapot or am i missing something

You've probably got a locked phone (I9000M or I9000T, or a Galaxy S 4g). You should go to samfirmware.com and select an appropriate firmware for your phone if compatible (check ur version by dialing *#1234#). If it says I9000M****** then your phone is not compatible with the firmwares on the site.

By the way I am not responsible for any damage to your phone if you try to flash it with the wrong firmware. Just saying :rolleyes:

Guest stevieboy2k

when i type in *#1234# i get

PDA:I9000BojG3

PHONE:I9000BoJF1

CSG: I9000GTMUJG1

So if i download the firmware is it easy to flash? but something else when i try and make a call i get "Not Registered on network" any ideas what this means??

by the way thanks for the quick reply :P

Edited by stevieboy2k

Guest hecatae

it's been reported lost stolen, and is blacklisted to not work in the uk. Doesnt matter what you flash to the device, it wont work in the uk. It's as good as a chocolate teapot

Guest Speckles

Samsung could give it a new identity, you could send it to them, but it's pretty useless to you unless you have the same remanufacturing tools.

Guest stevieboy2k
Samsung could give it a new identity, you could send it to them, but it's pretty useless to you unless you have the same remanufacturing tools.

So could i contact samsung? as the thing is i work for a lost property dept and the phone was handed in and not collected after 3 months so the company lets up keep what we get , im not sure on the legal implications on who now owns the phone . Ive been told that i could sell it on Ebay as long as its not used in Europe it will work

Any advise would be appreciated :D