How to change the keybord layout (by CSC?)

Guest ZekeNL

Guest ZekeNL

I found a perfect ROM in this forum but it came with a Swedish keyboard layout. I'm using a B7610 with a UK keyboard, so thats a little uncomfortable LOL. I'm new to the flashing methods but as far I understood (flashed several ROM's up till now) i need to find a proper CSC, am i right? If so, could some one point me out where to find it?

Kind regards,

Bert

Guest ZekeNL

Hello Aiiro,

Tnhx for helping me out, I will check this post to figure out how to change the keyboard layout. To find ROM that is perfect is always a personal thing I guess but for me it is the B7610NXXJC2 WM6.5 (build 21889) as you can find in this post.

I've tried almost all the ROMS shared here, produced by the magnificent chefs that are sharing there effort with us PDA addicts until I came to the conclusion that the standard thoughts from Samsung are not so bad at all.

This mentioned ROM is a standard original ROM (I guess) but for some reason, my dutch B7610 has more features and runs smoother then with the official Samsung ROM that was installed after the update via the Samsung New PC Studio tool. It looks a little bit different on some items/spots but thats one of the positive things of this B7610NXXJC2 WM6.5 (build 21889) ROM.

So I hope that I can find out how to change the keyboard layout, that would help me a lot.

Once again thnx for helping me out buddy, I'll dive in tho the post in the hope it will help me further.

Guest ZekeNL

Unfortunately it's not working, or i'm doing something wrong. My problem starts with having an IMEI number with 17 digits, instead of 15. And I dont have a folder: /system although there is a folder /windows/system. Played with this, I downloaded the CPW folder from XDA Dev's, unzipped it and copied the CSC folder to /windows/systems but after entering the code combination *#270* and then my 17 digits IMEI code closing the string with # the phone gives me "Failure" in the display.

I'm doing something wrong or it's not the correct procedure to change the keyboard lay out. In the XDA post the chef is talking about android, could that be te problem?

Regards,

Bert

Guest ZekeNL

According the list below it looks like i need a B7610NXP or B7610NXA ROM if I understand it right?

Regionale code:

BD = Cyprus, Griekenland

BH = Midden-Europese

CP = Finland

DB = Vietnam

DC = Thailand

DD = India

DT = Australië

DX = Indonesië, Maleisië, de Filippijnen, Singapore, Vietnam

DZ = Maleisië, Singapore

JA = Zuid-Afrika

JC = Algerije, Marokko, Nigeria, Zuid-Afrika, Tunesië

JP = Algerije, Egypte, Iran, Irak, Koeweit, Marokko, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saoedi-Arabië, Zuid-Afrika, Syrië, Tunesië, Turkije

MT = Zwitserland

XA = Oostenrijk, Frankrijk, Duitsland, Italië, Nederland, Zwitserland, Verenigd Koninkrijk

XB = Denemarken, Noorwegen, Zweden

XC = Portugal, Spanje

XD = Kroatië, Tsjechië, Hongarije, Slowakije

XE = Bulgarije, Estland, Kazachstan, Letland, Litouwen, Rusland, Oekraïne, Verenigde Staten

XF = Bulgarije, Kroatië, Roemenië

XG = onder andere Duitsland

XP = Verenigd Koninkrijk, Frankrijk, Italië, Spanje, Nederland, Polen, de Portugese, Turkije

XX = Oostenrijk, België, Frankrijk, Duitsland, Hongarije, Italië, Spanje, Verenigd Koninkrijk

ZC = China, Hong Kong

ZH = Hong Kong

ZT = Taiwan

Regards,

Bert