[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest highaltitude

ok, so it shows the radio in the About Phone, but no bars yet at all. Crashed server and rebooted. Will let it sit for a while.

Guest highaltitude

well I've now waiting a while. Every once in a while I get the ATT and signal bars for like a split second, then nothing again. Wifi also errored and once caused a reboot as well.

Edited by highaltitude

Guest Smilez:)
Exactly! I need wifi, and 3.0 didnt work at all on my phone either. I only tried BB .61 though. MAybe Ill try for the heck of it. Thats what xRec is for!

tried it on .61 , .65 & .67

all three had wifi error

Guest PhrozenFear

Yeah, most people are having Wifi issues on this build. Trip is aware of it, and claims to be fixing it for the next release. Which he says will be on BB 2.1.65, so that's a plus. Since I have it already.

Speaking of basebands, I will be updating my FAQ Thread with all of the BB links, so people can see them all, and know which to use.

Also, I just tried to set it up myself, with BB 2.1.65 and TripNMiUI 0.3.0. After crashing twice, then waiting an hour and a half, I still hadn't received a single blip of service, nor Wifi connectivity. Oh well. I can be patient for the next release (whichever it may be).

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest highaltitude

Well im now on 1.5.5 with base band .65 and so far its working. Saw That someone had an error with texting. I have not tried that out yet.

Edited by highaltitude

Guest PhrozenFear

You also can go back to 0.2.0 if you can - that one still works wonders with the old 2.0.52 baseband. It's what I've done for the moment. Plus then I can keep my phone running with everything on it, not have to reinstall everything, just to have Trip do his usual and push out the next release just as soon as I get everything set up. =) He does that from time to time, and it's hillarious.

Guest Lorennz
Yeah, most people are having Wifi issues on this build. Trip is aware of it, and claims to be fixing it for the next release. Which he says will be on BB 2.1.65, so that's a plus. Since I have it already.

Speaking of basebands, I will be updating my FAQ Thread with all of the BB links, so people can see them all, and know which to use.

Also, I just tried to set it up myself, with BB 2.1.65 and TripNMiUI 0.3.0. After crashing twice, then waiting an hour and a half, I still hadn't received a single blip of service, nor Wifi connectivity. Oh well. I can be patient for the next release (whichever it may be).

You have to take the sim card out and then insert the sim card again after few seconds and then turn it on. This worked for me. I am on BB 65. I have couple of problems with the ROM. First most things is orientation is really slow in google maps and navigator. It freezes the phone for few seconds. and the phone is overall is slow.

Guest jonnybx10
You have to take the sim card out and then insert the sim card again after few seconds and then turn it on. This worked for me. I am on BB 65. I have couple of problems with the ROM. First most things is orientation is really slow in google maps and navigator. It freezes the phone for few seconds. and the phone is overall is slow.

ON any rom any time anywhere... i have never heard taking the sim out and putting it back in is the solution...on an android phone anyways...

1) Wifi error will certainly not b fixed with this...

2) Network could be helped i suppose, but highly doubtfulI changed to BB65 this morning and same problem as highalt. I was really hoping that it would work! on/off every 5-10 secs

BTW, sometimes you can have signal for a length of time then it just says byebye... and disappears...

regards

J

Edit: The ebay link is not put there by me !! just lettin you know

Edited by jonnybx10

Guest motorsportgod
Its all down to the way you where treated on XDA. Look how many joined on the same day as you and loads more in the following few days. I would have had to buy a Galaxy S 2 if you stopped working your magic.

Looking forward to your new GB hotpot

Yeah man i agree i would have not liked going to a different phone!

keep up the good work trip

Guest Thiha

Hello,

I want to make sure my installation is done properly.

I am using TripNMiUi 0.2.0 with BB 52 and eager to upgrade to this rom.

As I already read the whole pages till this thread and I saw that BB 65 is perfect for this rom.

But my downloaded baseband is "X10a_baseband_65".

1.It mean only for X10a user or can I use that BB on X10i?

2. Can directly flash this rom after making correct BB or Do I need to flash to SE generic rom of BB 65?

I am waiting everybody reply who know the correct way.

Updated, I already test with my self. the signal is broken, It service on 5 second and off nearly 10 second again. When wifi on, it show error. I don;t know why. May be due to X10a baseband on X10i version. I will try another baseband 61 and 67. Will report back later.

Edited by Thiha

Guest basti2909
"H" is working perfectly, i have and x10i i'm from the Netherlands, only x10i here.

.65 has so much better signal, much more stable.

Also people who flashed BB patch on this rom, dont report bugs or dont ask for support i will not respond to it!!

Reasons:

- bb patch brakes wifi

- bb patch cause FC's

- bb patch cause strange network errors

Wifi working FLAWLESS on my rom no bb patch needed. After bb patch rom is messing with signal and wifi errors always or WLOD

Its up to you but bbpatch = no support.

Ps. RobertX10i remove bbpatch / reflash rom and you'll that i'm right

Noob question. How to remove the bb patch if installed?

Guest maikinho10

Here for all with Problems about bb.65 and .67

1. flash bb. 67

2. download the Kernel from bb. 65 HERE (thanks Wolf)

3. inserd the data in Folder Firmwares from Flashtool

4. flash the Kernel

Now you have the newest kernel (from march 2011) and latest bb.67

i Think Trip flashed this method also?:D

Guest cjsabaki
Noob question. How to remove the bb patch if installed?

If you flash a rom or base band it will remove the patch..

Best regards,

Chris

Guest thunderbox666

Hey all,

When trying to install 0.3.0 or 1.5.5 i get the following error:

"E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/busybox

E: Failure at line 7:

Symlink /system/bin/busybox SYSTEM:xbin/busybox

Installation aborted."

Anyone know what I am missing?

I can go back to 0.2.0 or 1.5.0 without error

Guest cjsabaki
Hey all,

When trying to install 0.3.0 or 1.5.5 i get the following error:

"E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/busybox

E: Failure at line 7:

Symlink /system/bin/busybox SYSTEM:xbin/busybox

Installation aborted."

Anyone know what I am missing?

I can go back to 0.2.0 or 1.5.0 without error

How are you installing?? XREC flash of rom zip??? Any changes in xrec or other files???

Guest thunderbox666
How are you installing?? XREC flash of rom zip??? Any changes in xrec or other files???

Yes xrec (the one from 0.2.0) - flashing zip... no changes and ive tried redownloading the zips again just incase they were bad downloads....

Guest dominoes20

Hi Trip... Glad to track you down. :D

Downloaded and installed this Rom. Lightning fast as usual. Only issue I'm having is I can't get App2sd to work. Is it not working on this Rom or just something I've done?

Thanks

Guest maikinho10
Is it safe to flash BB 65 for X10a on a X10i, because I can't find BB65 for X10i

BB 65 is not for Europe!

Please flash .67 and then from bb.65 ONLY the newest kernel look here

Edited by maikinho10

Guest TripNRaVeR
BB 65 is not for Europe!

Please flash .67 and then from bb.65 ONLY the newest kernel look post 790 here

I used bb65 without problems here in the Netherlands

Guest a1exander
Be prepared for CM7! Gingerbread fans! LOL :o

Thank you! :D

Dont know why but I'm getting tired of the MIUI UI and it seems to go slow. Hope your CM7 will be awesome! :(

Please answer this question, have you got anything new about FPS uncapped on stock kernel? :D