[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR
Thank you! :D

Please answer this question, have you got anything new about FPS uncapped on stock kernel? :D

No, at this moment not on my prio list.

Guest a1exander
No, at this moment not on my prio list.

Okay! :D

BTW, can I take a flight to the Netherlands and you can learn me developement? :D

Guest Zabihjan
Be prepared for CM7! Gingerbread fans! LOL :D

Trip i dont believe you man?

How much time you have got that you are working on all these roms:

Iris Gingerbread

Iris Froyo

TripNFroyo

CM6 Froyo

TripNArc

and now CM7 Gingerbread

May you have good health bro.

Cant wait for your IRIS Gingerbread release.

Guest PhrozenFear
Anyone else having trouble with App2sd?
Yes, it is a stock problem with a lot of custom GB ROM's, mate. Not just to Trip's.

Is it safe to flash BB 65 for X10a on a X10i, because I can't find BB65 for X10i

Yes, the BB 2.1.65 was released in North America from AT&T, but all the Basebands work on each others' phones. I have run 2.1.58 on my X10a, and I know lots of people who run 2.0.52 (which was X10a originally) on the X10i. Same with Trip, who uses an X10i, I believe, and he's working with 2.1.65 now.

I just put up all the various links that were from the BB thread, because if you have the option (like, say 2.1.54) of using your native one, you should use it. X10i Baseband on an X10i will work better than an X10a Baseband on it.

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest glim9981
Trip i dont believe you man?

How much time you have got that you are working on all these roms:

Iris Gingerbread

Iris Froyo

TripNFroyo

CM6 Froyo

TripNArc

and now CM7 Gingerbread

May you have good health bro.

Cant wait for your IRIS Gingerbread release.

CM7 GB with TripNfeatures...what a joy...!!!

Guest PhrozenFear

Trip CM7... Might have to go give that a try... even though leaving TripNMiUI will be difficult... I haven't been back to anything since I switched to TripNMiUI IRIS Gingerbread 0.1.5 all those moons ago... well, two of 'em, lol.

Guest ALPHA DOG

Trip certainly express your gratitude and respect for your work, but let me ask, are you busy right now on the work already six-ROM, and now has to wait when Iris 0.3.0 multilanguage? Just do not think there's any indignation to you, but still ....... Why not bring to mind a ROM, and then take on another? You're brain buddy! Respect!

Guest Mad-Dog4578
with bb 67 the signal don't stay on more than 1 or 2 seconds...

i will tet with bb61 and return for bugs

thanks trip ;D

Hello Bud i have tried .67 .65 and .61 and got this issue with all three. Did you suss how to fix this issue or can anyone please advise? Thanks in advance

Marti following trip from XDA

Edited by Mad-Dog4578

Guest Mad-Dog4578
Hello Bud i have tried .67 .65 and .61 and got this issue with all three. Did you suss how to fix this issue or can anyone please advise? Thanks in advance

Marti following trip from XDA

Guys

I have tried all .6* basebands and they all give me the same issue of an intermitant signal. Can anyone please advise how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Marti

Guest cjsabaki
Guys

I have tried all .6* basebands and they all give me the same issue of an intermitant signal. Can anyone please advise how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Marti

Ok, if you HAVE to..........Look for Miui_GB_ Patch_ZIP on page 5, I believe, this will solve the intermittant signal issue....BUT be warned, only if you cannot resolve this any other way...... This messes with Trip's bug hunting, but can atleast let you use the rom..

This will possibly mess up wifi and other issues.... Only if you have to......

Guest Mad-Dog4578
Ok, if you HAVE to..........Look for Miui_GB_ Patch_ZIP on page 5, I believe, this will solve the intermittant signal issue....BUT be warned, only if you cannot resolve this any other way...... This messes with Trip's bug hunting, but can atleast let you use the rom..

This will possibly mess up wifi and other issues.... Only if you have to......

Thanks Matie

I have tried everything!! So will give it a go as i have no other options at the moment :-)

Thanks

Guest erwindrums
Be prepared for CM7! Gingerbread fans! LOL :D

Hi Trip,

This is realy the best. Thanks for your work. When is the update comming?? i missed realy wifi...

Guest cjsabaki
Is it possible to switch the homescreen to the ARC style? Hate the iPhone like style. :D

Yep!!! Works well!!! I generaly use the arc launcher on all my roms, clean and simple!! I keep a copy on my sd card to be able to install after a rom change!!

Best regards,

Chris

Guest Blaven
Yep!!! Works well!!! I generaly use the arc launcher on all my roms, clean and simple!! I keep a copy on my sd card to be able to install after a rom change!!

Best regards,

Chris

Tyvm, can you maybe link me to it? Then I'll start using Iris aswell. :D

Edited by Blaven

Guest Mad-Dog4578
Frequently Asked Questions about TripNMiUI IRIS Gingerbread - Updated June 1, 2011

From a person who likes to help out, and save some anguish for the Dev.

This will be updated as new questions are asked.

What baseband will work with this ROM ?

• X10i 2.1.67 - Reported to be working for 0.3.0 - TripNRaVeR & others
  • X10a 2.1.65 - TripNRaVeR says this will be the de-facto BB to use for all future versions (after 0.3.0)
  • X10i 2.1.61 - Reported to be working for 0.3.0 - TripNRaVeR & others
  • X10i 2.1.58 - Reported to be working - Phonedammed
  • X10a 2.1.55 - UNKNOWN
  • X10a 2.1.54 - Reported to be working
  • X10i 2.1.54 - Reported to be working - Xperia84
  • X10 2.0.52 - NOT WORKING (only works for 0.2.0) - PhrozenFear
  • X10 2.0.49 - NOT WORKING (only works for 0.2.0) - PhrozenFear

Does the camera work yet ?
    - The camera works with the Camera Illusion app, at VGA, WVGA and QVGA settings. Stock camera does NOT work, even though it appears to.

What else is broken then ??
    - At the moment, it appears that some people are having issues with their WiFi on the new 0.3.0. Others are not.
    - Another reported issue is sporadic signal loss - both phone and wireless data (3G)
    Trip is working on these. He is aware. of the issues.

The best method to install this ROM - at least, the way I do it.
    1. Perform a backup of anything that is important to you - either with TitaniumBackup, MiUI Backup, or XRecovery Backup. Personally, I do options 2 and 3 of this list.
    2. Install the baseband you wish to use (either 2.1.61 or 2.1.67). If prompted, choose Wipe User Data.
    3. Reboot your phone and boot into XRecovery.
    4. Full Wipe.
    5. Partition Tools => Format /system
    6. Partition Tools => Format /data
    7. Partition Tools => Format cache
    8. Advanced Options => Wipe Delvik Cache
    9. Advanced Options => Wipe Battery Stats
    10. Now, if you feel the OCD need to, go and re-do the steps 4-9 again.
    11. Install Custom Zip => Browse and choose this ROM from your SDCard
    12. Reboot Phone
    13. Upon reboot, go to Dev Tools => Crash System Server. Will take between 5-30 seconds before your phone reboots
    14. Upon THAT reboot, you should have signal. If not, give it a few minutes. IF after five minutes you don't have it, crash the system server again.
    15. You may have to crash the system server repeatedly. Some people say upwards of 3-5 times
    16. From here, open up your Backup application (Whether it be MiUI Backup or Titanium Backup) and restore your stuff you wish to restore.
    17. You now should have a working phone running TripNRaVeR's TripNMiUI IRIS Gingerbread.
    When will the next version be released ?

- The next version will be released when:

[*]Trip is finished with it

[*]He is confident that it is stable

[*]He likes how it works

[*]He bloody well feels like it.

- Do remember, folks, that Trip is doing this on his own free time. He has a girlfriend he cares for deeply - after all, he named his ROM after her. He also has a job. He needs to eat, sleep, and make good on his girlfriend. So when he doesn't reply directly, or doesn't have a release every other second, please remember, he is a person, too. And he has a lot of priorities.

Guys when you click to download baseband .61 it comes up with .67?? Is this the correct baseband and just named incorrectly or is it actually baseband .67?

Cheers

Guest PhrozenFear

Thanks for pointing that out. Must have posted the wrong link. I'll update that right away !

EDIT: The FAQ post has been updated. Thanks again for noticing my mistake, Mad-Dog !!!

Edited by PhrozenFear