Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alinush95

Any video player that can play smooth 1080/720p mkv?

6 posts in this topic

i would like to know if there is a good video player for full hd or hd mkv's to play

i would like to know if there is a good video player for full hd or hd mkv's to play

As the system doesn't support the mkv container, no, all mkv files will be decoded in software mode.

Full MKV support will be available in the "upcoming" official LG release (already available for Korean SU660 O2X). I think most of us are waiting for such improvement.

yea, i also want that. full hd mp4 format. I use mobo player and it can play up to 720p but for 1080p only software decoding and it's so slow..

yea, i also want that. full hd mp4 format. I use mobo player and it can play up to 720p but for 1080p only software decoding and it's so slow..

Sighs. I am only able to run 480p (high profile) mkv files in soft-decoding mode with Moboplayer. Anything higher gives me a slideshow. I tried overclocking to alleviate but even at 1.3Ghz, it is merely more bearable. However, it is still not fluid. limitations of Tegra 2 (no NEON).

Hope that the update which includes 720p high profile 4.1 and mkv container support comes sooner.

YH