Flash for Orange San fransico

Guest rldroid

Guest rldroid

Is there any Flash fix's for the Orange San fransico android 2.2 yet...REALLY ANNOYING I have looked everywhere and still cant find anything.. I don't believe it cant be done..

Any Ideas???

Guest ChundaMars
Is there any Flash fix's for the Orange San fransico android 2.2 yet...REALLY ANNOYING I have looked everywhere and still cant find anything.. I don't believe it cant be done..

Any Ideas???

Well, whether you believe it or not, it can't be done. Hence why you haven't found anything.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

?? What are you on about?

And no, installing it won't mean you have flash.

Unless someone took an age porting flash to arm6 devices then its just never going to happen.

Though there was some "Flash lite" (or something) speculation a while ago, but I think it only worked on eclair.

Guest pompeyrodney

?? What are you on about?

And no, installing it won't mean you have flash.

Unless someone took an age porting flash to arm6 devices then its just never going to happen.

Though there was some "Flash lite" (or something) speculation a while ago, but I think it only worked on eclair.

[p/quote]

If it won't work on 2.2, does it follow that it does on 2.3? I would be tempted to make the move to 2.3 if so, as I would like to use the IPlayer which needs flash of course.

Thanks

Guest k0zmic

Short answer: 'Full' Flash is never going to work on any ROM unless Adobe decide to magically make ARM v6 Libs.

TV Catchup is the closest you can get to iPlayer.

Guest Bergkees
Short answer: 'Full' Flash is never going to work on any ROM unless Adobe decide to magically make ARM v6 Libs.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and don't have my Blade yet, but I do have the ZT-180 tablet which is also an ARM6 device.

Not that long ago flash 10.1 was released for this tablet.

It's very slow, but works.

If it works for the ZT180, why wouldn't it be possible for the ZTE Blade?

Guest ThrashMan

Any Ideas???

ROFL.....you're funny!

Guest Maz2011

Both the Puffin browser mentioned and Skyfire use a system of recoding the Flash video before streaming it out to your phone, which nicely sidesteps the Flash problem.

The only problem is that it is nowhere near 100% reliable and there can be issues with geo-restricted sites like iPlayer because the recoding servers are in the US.

Myplayer didnt work at all for me.

Guest k0zmic
Qualcomm announcement

Seems like the Wildfire S and Samsung galaxy ace will get flash (perhaps the blade, too)

800 Mhz seems to be the requisit though

That's interesting, it says devices with a 7x27 processor are capable and the Blade has a 7227 although it's not 800 MHz.

Guest targetbsp

There's a load of games recently released on the internet containing the description:

"replaced, added & compiled lib armeabi-v7a for armv6"

I can't link them because I don't think all of them are free. But the point is... I wonder if this technique could be used with Flash?

Guest k0zmic
There's a load of games recently released on the internet containing the description:

I can't link them because I don't think all of them are free. But the point is... I wonder if this technique could be used with Flash?

I've wondered that as well. A user posted on a thread why Flash won't work on an ARM v6 chip such as the Blade's so even if it was recompiled for ARM v6 it might run like crap.

It could only be done by Adobe & that's never going to happen.

Guest targetbsp
It could only be done by Adobe & that's never going to happen.

I played an ARM7 game today and it worked great. Was a crap game though so I wasn't missing much! ;) Personally I hold a similar opinion of Flash but I know some want it. :P

Guest thomasboyd

not having flash is no great loss

the two biggest flash sources are the BBC Iplayer and Youtube

There are workarounds for both these sites.

Iplayer = use the Myplayer App instead

Youtube = change your preference settings to view videos in html5 instead of flash

Guest ndubz
not having flash is no great loss

the two biggest flash sources are the BBC Iplayer and Youtube

There are workarounds for both these sites.

Iplayer = use the Myplayer App instead

Youtube = change your preference settings to view videos in html5 instead of flash

But on bbc iplayer you can watch programes that have been aired but on myplayer you can only watch it live? so its not the same and you cant watch bbc on myplayer so its not like iplayer at all.

Guest Pondlife

Not sure what you are doing with it, but definitely managed to watch previously aired BBC shows.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest k0zmic
Not sure what you are doing with it, but definitely managed to watch previously aired BBC shows.

Yup I watched Shadow Line on it the other day.

Guest i am not a hacker

Beebplayer is an app that allows you to watch BBC Iplayer and live BBC TV. It works on my blade but its not on the market.

Here's the apk link.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/beebplayer

http://www.4shared.com/file/aU52a8V7/BeebPlayer__060_.htm

both work fine. They also worked on my t-mobile pulse!

I have a later version of it. If you have problems with Iplayer search results not showing results that you would find on the pc, i can give you my apk

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest Pondlife
i have this my player app https://market.android.com/details?id=sns.m...e=search_result and theres definetly no bbc on there to watch? do you guys use something else?

Hmm, wondering now if installing that will get rid of the other one, still looks quite handy.

Using one from this thread ;) http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ancisco-almost/