Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sodium1

The correct way to start widfire into recovery

2 posts in this topic

I have just got myself a new HTC wildfire to play around with, and i would like to know the best way to flash it with the latest modaco rom that i have baked from the kitchen.

How exacly do i put my wildfire into recovery so i can flash from the SD card ? i am reading many different reports about this not working. Can anyone please clarify for me ? Kindest regards

I have just got myself a new HTC wildfire to play around with, and i would like to know the best way to flash it with the latest modaco rom that i have baked from the kitchen.

How exacly do i put my wildfire into recovery so i can flash from the SD card ? i am reading many different reports about this not working. Can anyone please clarify for me ? Kindest regards

bit of a late reply, but for anyone else who might have the same question :-

you need to root your phone and flash a recovery program on there first.

use this site to flash clockworkmod recovery: http://unrevoked.com/

once thats done your gonna need to turn your sd card into a 'goldcard' (http://android.modac...ing-a-goldcard/)

you can then get onto recovery by holding the power button and volume down when turning the phone on. backup your existing ROM from within clockworkmod, do a full wipe/factory reset, wipe system cache and dalvik cache, and then install your new ROM :D

it generally takes about 10-15 minutes to load up the new ROM so dont panic.

any problems with installation (ie bootloops) just re-access clockworkmod (power and volume down) and restore your previously backed up ROM, until you find a solution!!!

(btw if it doesn't work with volume down, pull the battery and try volume up, its one of them two)