Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800

Guest That-Guy

Guest miltosoft

when typing *#*#2846579*#* we enter a secret menu

under the project menu is there a way to find out what all these settings are for?

specially the qualcomm background, what is this setting, and whats the password for it?

is there any way to enable evrc-b mode on ideos x5?

a lot of android phones seem to have extra programming menu.... does ideos x5 have one?

im browsing the net to find a complete hidden code list for this mob but no success...

Guest That-Guy
when typing *#*#2846579*#* we enter a secret menu

under the project menu is there a way to find out what all these settings are for?

specially the qualcomm background, what is this setting, and whats the password for it?

is there any way to enable evrc-b mode on ideos x5?

a lot of android phones seem to have extra programming menu.... does ideos x5 have one?

im browsing the net to find a complete hidden code list for this mob but no success...

Was also looking for more but with no luck :)

While you are adding suppliers to the list, Australia has 2 decent options for this device...

1. Dick Smith (http://dicksmith.com.au/product/E6842/huawei-ideos-x5-android-trade-unlocked-mobile), currently $299

2. Crazy Johns (http://www.crazyjohns.com.au/huawei-u8800-x5-black/huawei-u8800-x5-black/), also $299 with free delivery

From a pick-up point of view, Dick Smith is the best option as they have an incredibly good returns policy.

From a delivery point of view, Crazy Johns is the best as its very fast and free.

Both are 100% unlocked and unbranded.

I got mine from Crazy Johns and have used it on Vodafone and now Optus with no dramas. Ordered it late Wednesday night, it was delivered Friday lunch time. Pretty impressive.

Guest That-Guy
While you are adding suppliers to the list, Australia has 2 decent options for this device...

1. Dick Smith (http://dicksmith.com.au/product/E6842/huawei-ideos-x5-android-trade-unlocked-mobile), currently $299

2. Crazy Johns (http://www.crazyjohns.com.au/huawei-u8800-x5-black/huawei-u8800-x5-black/), also $299 with free delivery

From a pick-up point of view, Dick Smith is the best option as they have an incredibly good returns policy.

From a delivery point of view, Crazy Johns is the best as its very fast and free.

Both are 100% unlocked and unbranded.

I got mine from Crazy Johns and have used it on Vodafone and now Optus with no dramas. Ordered it late Wednesday night, it was delivered Friday lunch time. Pretty impressive.

No problems will add to the list after work :)

Guest That-Guy
This has surely been asked before, but what is the difference between ROM and firmware? I'm confused...

The way I look at it:

ROM - Custom made Firmware by 3rd Party.

Firmware - Official Release by Manufacture.

I am probably totally wrong though :)

Guest sebgus
The way I look at it:

ROM - Custom made Firmware by 3rd Party.

Firmware - Official Release by Manufacture.

I am probably totally wrong though B)

Ah! You're probably right! :)

I'm gonna test some new build.prop edits, I will keep you updated if I find any of interest!

Guest Ideos-x5

Hey,

I've got problems with my WiFi.

My build-number is:

U8800V100R001C00B135SP01

(Custom version: CUSTNLDC253D001)

I want to upgrade my firmware to B136, because I've read it solves the WiFi-problem, but my question is: can I still change the language to Dutch? Because B135 supports Dutch, and i'm Dutch.

Also I've read B136 doesn't support Swype, I use it a lot and can I reinstall it when I upgrade to B136? I've made a copy from swype install-pack with Root Explorer to my SD-card.

Guest NeostarNeko

Not really sure about the language selection but the update does add more to the list including Korean which is not in the stock firmware. As for Swype this unfortunately does not work but you can sign up to beta test version 3 which does work, it's a tiny bit flakey though. Actually I typed this using it :)

Guest Ideos-x5

I want Swype, car home and gallery and further also on this ROM, but is this standard, or do you need to buy it?

Edited by Ideos-x5