Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800

Guest That-Guy

Guest Xann

Do you guys know how can I uninstall the bundled games..? I tried searching in system/app but couldn't find it, uninstall it in Titanium Backup doesn't work either, I get failed to locate the apk file.

Edited: Nvm, found them in cust/maxis/my/app

Edited by Xann

Guest Cirno
I suggest you to add FastGSM to your guide. Unlocked my phone for 20$ and they took less than 24h to send me it.

More information?

Guest Ricardo Silva
QUOTE(primozkoco @ Jun 16 2011, 08:59)

I replaced clockworkmod recovery file and do all the steps in the first page but i cannot acess the clockworkmod.

Any ideas?

You need to boot holding volume up and the power button until recovery loads. At least that's what I have to do.

For how long? In my phone I press both bottons, then the Ideos logo appear and the image freeze there.

To restart I need to remove the battery.

What I'm doing wrong? (I follow the rooting and clockworkmod in first post)

Regards

P.S. I found in XDA that this can be an application problem with portuguese ROM, what can we do?

Edited by Ricardo Silva

Guest tiagovale2
About FastGSM, give some information and explanation, would help That-Guy :)

All right, sure...

Well, FastGSM accepts payment by Paypal and Moneybookers at least. It's 19,99$ temporarily because the real price is 29,99$. I paid a little 3 or 4$ tax (dunno why) and past ~20h my code was available in their website. They said that the code would arrive in 1 - 2 laboral days, but it arrived in less than 1.

There's not much to say about it. Simple and fast.

Guest maggotot

How i wish all devs can throw their effort behind CM7 and making that kickass. Instead of fragmenting all their efforts among so many roms.

Guest Palmierini

hi

i have a TMN "black sheep" (portugal)

bought it yesterday and the phone had arrived to the store that same day

CWM4 do not work and CWM3 can'r install the custom roms

since i'm stuck with stock rom (at least for now) is there a way for at least overclock my x5 ?

\o

Guest Simon O

I'm looking for SMS settings. I need to change operator outgoing phone number for SMS.

Where could it be?

open dialer, then dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and there is an option called SMSC. Enter your SMS service centre number into the box then press OK. press home to exit.

Guest Bensi

open dialer, then dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and there is an option called SMSC. Enter your SMS service centre number into the box then press OK. press home to exit.

Great, this was only problem I had with this phone, its fixed...

Thank You

Guest catolh

So i changed

ro.sf.lcd_density=225

and my swiftkey X is acting up. Do i have to change something in swiftkey's files? or are there options i should enable?

Guest catolh

Try another value. 225 isn't a normal value for any Android device. 220 may work.

Ill try. I just followed the build.prop tweak guide at the start of this thread. It said 225.

*edit*

220 did not work either. Should i just move back to 240? or should i try going lower? I'm walking in the dark here :P

Edited by catolh

Hello,

I'm new to this things and I'm trying to explore some things.

For rooting, I have installed superboot according to the instructions. I do I know this is installed?

How do I copy files from Pc to internal SD card?

I'm trying to instal a mod and dont know how to do this.

Thank you

Edited by PJ77

Hi,

Just been making some changes in build.prop file but I couldn't find the ligns below:

Change thefollowing from "false" to "true" to enable key unlockingscreen.

ro.config.hw_menu_unlockscreen=false

Disable Screen Wake when volume keys are pressed.

Find: ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=1change to: ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0

Wake Screen quicker during a call.

Find: mot.proximity.delay=450 changeto: mot.proximity.delay=150 (ifline is not there simply add it)