Guest sunil_k

I want to remove the shortcuts that appear on the N700 on the left hand side of the home screen, can anyone advise me on how to do this thanks.

I am rooted.

Guest wazzzuuuup2
I want to remove the shortcuts that appear on the N700 on the left hand side of the home screen, can anyone advise me on how to do this thanks.

I am rooted.

why do you want to remove it? it very helpful especially when i want to listen music or opening document...

Guest sunil_k
why do you want to remove it? it very helpful especially when i want to listen music or opening document...

I find it slow to react when I have tried to use it. I have my home screen set out with a clock, weather, google voice search, news and then shortcuts to apps (13 in total) .. So if i want to jump to my browser I can using these shortcuts. Also the music/image/video tab is very slow, it takes from 30 seconds to a minute to load up. I'm constantly adding new content and every time I do I have this problem. I can get apps that can get me to documents and videos quicker.

Its just really not working for me.

Guest John...
I find it slow to react when I have tried to use it. I have my home screen set out with a clock, weather, google voice search, news and then shortcuts to apps (13 in total) .. So if i want to jump to my browser I can using these shortcuts. Also the music/image/video tab is very slow, it takes from 30 seconds to a minute to load up. I'm constantly adding new content and every time I do I have this problem. I can get apps that can get me to documents and videos quicker.

Its just really not working for me.

Go to the market and install something like LauncherPro or another. You don't need to be rooted.

Regards

John

Guest sunil_k
Go to the market and install something like LauncherPro or another. You don't need to be rooted.

Regards

John

Thanks. I have LauncherPro, I was going to use it but things are stretched across the screen with it and it looks a little odd also I can't fit as much onto each screen. Everything has large gaps from one widget to the next. I have also tried ADWLauncher but again the spacing leaves large gaps. It probably the better option as it allows for rotation of the home screen but the rearrangement of widgets is a pain on rotation ( I could i suppose disable rotation?)

Sorry I'm so picky.

I just thought if I got rid of the shortcuts it would be fine and I could uninstall both launchers. With the shortcuts I can't got to the left as the on screen touch icon is covered.

I might have a go with ADW and see if I can get it looking ok?

Edited by sunil_k

Guest John...
Thanks. I have LauncherPro, I was going to use it but things are stretched across the screen with it and it looks a little odd also I can't fit as much onto each screen. Everything has large gaps from one widget to the next. I have also tried ADWLauncher but again the spacing leaves large gaps. It probably the better option as it allows for rotation of the home screen but the rearrangement of widgets is a pain on rotation ( I could i suppose disable rotation?)

Sorry I'm so picky.

I just thought if I got rid of the shortcuts it would be fine and I could uninstall both launchers. With the shortcuts I can't got to the left as the on screen touch icon is covered.

I might have a go with ADW and see if I can get it looking ok?

I suspect that you need to adjust the columns and rows count. I've attached some examples of my home screen.

[edit: I can't see how you access the attachments though!]

Regards

John

Edited by John...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sunil_k
I suspect that you need to adjust the columns and rows count. I've attached some examples of my home screen.

[edit: I can't see how you access the attachments though!]

Regards

John

I had a look at the setting but only at a glance I did look out for this and didn't spot it, makes sense though> I'll take a look this should help greatl All the benifits of the launcher and the problems solved. :)