• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Actual Available RAM for HTC Sensation

10 posts in this topic

Posted

The HTC Sensation says that it ships with 768MB of Ram, however when looking at either Android System Info or Task Manager it shows that the maximum available RAM is 558MB.

Now i am assuming that the difference between 768MB and 558MB (210MB) is used for the operating system, which i guess can be expected

The problem i have is that even with 558MB available and when i have killed every Application/Task that i can i only ever really have around 200MB available!

What is using this RAM is it Sense and/or other automated Tasks running in the background that you cannot kill?

I have noticed that some tasks that you kill (like the ridiculously annoying Vodafone 360) keep re-launching themselves. Is there anyway to permenantly disable these to free up more memory?

Posted

My guess was that it must be Sense as its a very heavy UI

Posted (edited)

mines pending between 100-200mb available during idle/normal usage

total: 558 :/

Edited by BengtBrutal

Posted

I think the 210~mb is saved for the Adreno 220 GPU processing. and the 558 for cpu usage.

I notice that after killing all tasks that i have about 150-200 mb free, leaving the 350-400mb(plus the other 210) being used at idle?

Posted

It's all irrelevant as the phone doesn't struggle so don't worry about it! :)

Posted

It's all irrelevant as the phone doesn't struggle so don't worry about it! :)

AMEN!!!

Posted

since the latest update (2.3.4) I've gained +5mb memory? :P I now have a total of 563 instead of 558.

Also the available memory seems higher during idle (150-200) instead of 100-170

Posted (edited)

why dont u try miui? i got almost 400M ram,also,app restart issue can be solved by "autostarts",google it for more information

Edited by jjben

Posted

Free memory is wasted memory. Not using memory does not save you power, CPU cycles, bandwidth or anything else. In fact, the opposite is more likely - re-downloading a file or re-reading the SD does cost you more. Ideally Android uses every last byte of memory to maximize performance and user experience.

Try to take off the MS-DOS hat. Linux, Java and Android have all advanced quite a bit in terms of memory management.