[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for Vodafone Smart/Huawei U8160

Guest Sebastian404

What is the difference between these recovery images: "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-u8160-update_signed.zip" and "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-u8160.img" ?And also what is the difference between subpsyke's recovery image and Sebastian404's recovery image ?Thank you for your answers!

What is the difference between these recovery images: "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-u8160-update_signed.zip" and "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-u8160.img" ?And also what is the difference between subpsyke's recovery image and Sebastian404's recovery image ?Thank you for your answers!

Didn't I answer the first part of that question already :P ?

It's the same thing,they only differ by the way they are installed.The .img file is used either with Recovery Manager or if you install the thing via ADB/fastboot. The .zip on the other hand is used to upgrade a previous version of CWMRecovery.

As for the difference between the two is I thing the phone model descriptor and a couple of other differences that shouldn't be a problem up-to CM7,but if you decide to play with his CM9 Alphas,you'll need his recovery. The good news is that you can easily switch when the time comes by flashing the .zip with his recovery using the current one and just restarting the phone.

Didn't I answer the first part of that question already :P ?

yes, sorry, i thought one is signed and the other is unsigned and i just wanted to confirm if that is the case.

As for the difference between the two is I thing the phone model descriptor and a couple of other differences that shouldn't be a problem up-to CM7,but if you decide to play with his CM9 Alphas,you'll need his recovery. The good news is that you can easily switch when the time comes by flashing the .zip with his recovery using the current one and just restarting the phone.

I am using psyke recovery and i tried choosing "install from zip" and chose seb's recovery image zip but it didn't work, i don't know why it said: Installation aborted.

I will try again now..

Guest Sebastian404

Someone asked me about this, looking at the update script we have this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8160" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8160" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8160" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "hwu8160" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hwu8160" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "hwu8160");
[/code] and on a 'real' device...
[code]
getprop |grep "ro.product.board"
[ro.product.board]: [U8160]

more /system/build.prop |grep ro.product.board
ro.product.board=U8160

• 4 weeks later...

I have followed all the instructions and have gotten everything set up ok.However I cannot backup my current rom as the sd card will not mount for me when i reboot into recovery.I cant go any further ! Anyone help ???Thanks. P.S this is my first attempt at this kind of stuff !! Also some info: Phone is rooted ( superoneclick) , recovery manager installed and clockworkmod img flashed. Thanks.

Update: tried this recovery img instead...http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/recovery-RA-u8160-v2.3.img instead of clockworkmod img and this one was able to access the sd card and I made the backup !!

Edited by Deltim