• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who is Getting One

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well thought I would kick this off, I have preordered on with Clove, due for release in the next 5 to 10 days ;)

Posted · Report post

Glad for this new section!

sev7en from Italy, it's coming here too... ETA for next week, 20 almost! I am on it ;)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey!

I´ve got mine pre-ordered as well. Carrier says calender-week 26, but i'm expecting to see some movement next week. Excited as hell! :P

The employees in my local O2 shop are starting to look freaked out as soon as they see me creepin in front of their shop. ;)

Edited by SinSilla

Posted · Report post

Once my bro sells his HTC Sensation and pays me for the Galaxy S II I gave him I'll be ordering

anyone wanna buy a sensation on eBay? ;)

Posted · Report post

Guys this is wierd same guys same phone different forum ;)

Posted · Report post

Hi all! I have one! :)

P

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul,

What software date is yours running

Posted · Report post

I am seriously thinking ofgoing from my x10i to this in the next few days, but how good will it run 64 emulator?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Mine is being delivered tomorrow, my first Android handset.

Its going to be a pain coming from the N900, I will really miss the keyboard and particularly the dedicated two stage camera button. But I realised I needed a bigger screen to reduce the need to zoom web pages. That and I couldn't live without dedicated Apps any more.

I am hoping I can at least swap the 3D button to be used for taking photos with the camera instead, even if it presumably doesn't have the half-press to focus option. I think it was a bit silly of them not to have it double as a camera shutter button as stock, its not like you are likely to want to leave the camera open while switching to other 3D applications anyway.

Edited by alexatkin

Posted · Report post

Got mine yesterday!

I'm very pleased, surpassed all my expectations so far. From build quality to 3D quality and speed...and it only gets better over time with gingerbread and probably ice cream sandwich in the pipeline. :)

Posted · Report post

I was rather expecting to be hugely disappointed, especially after reading the problems with the 2X. However so far the Optimus 3D is amazing with the only slightly annoying thing being how obvious the parallax barrier is in 3D mode. It makes the screen appear to have vertical scan lines, but other than that the 3D is so much better than the 3DS and the screen is REALLY good for an LCD.

One thing that puzzles me though is why on earth does this thing have DLNA server support? Considering I could have terabytes of videos on my server but a maximum of 40GB on the Optimus 3D, it makes little sense to use it as a server and LOTS of sense to use it as a client, which doesn't seem to be possible. The catch there being that while no doubt there is software on there able to act as a DLNA client, I need stereoscopic 3D support as I wanted to watch some 3D movies without constantly messing about copying over to the SD card.

Still, other than that niggle which I'm sure will get fixed eventually (or I missed something obvious, still getting used to Android) I am really impressed. If this is what Android 2.2.2 is like, I can't wait to see it on 2.3.4 (or whatever the planned upgrade is).

Posted · Report post

No way! The 3DS kills the optimus!

Posted · Report post

The phone is just wonderful! Got mine 2 days ago!

Posted · Report post

Got one since 3 days and it is marvellous. Gave an sgs2 as doa to shop (had burnt pixels,plus temp problems were annoying due to it being too thin you could feel the heat very intensely) and i have to say it amazed me in a way sgs2 couldn't. Runs on 10c evrsion of the firmware and battery lasts enough on really heavy usage (3d almost always on in games photos vids etc, and some really long 3d gaming sessions). Got to say lg overdid themselves with this one :) I am so glad my x10 kicked the bucket and had to swap phones even though my first choice was not so good (sgs2) . Luckily it had the pixels prob....

Posted · Report post

I ended up getting the sgs 2, tried both out for hours and just liked the sgs2 better, still might get the optimus 3d tho cause i dont have anything against it, i was actually tempted to forgo both for an atrix..... but naaaa i need a 4.3 these days to watch movies better {i fly alot}

Posted · Report post

Got one of these yesterday.

It's a great piece of hardware, blazing fast and with great build quality. I'm quite happy with it so far, 3D works amazingly and the 3D photos are a showstopper anywhere you go.

Luckily, CM7 is on the verge to be fully supported on this device, and that is something I can't wait for. There's already a beta version out there, with almost every functionality available, but as soon as the nightlies start rolling out, this one is a killer.