Attempting to add 3G modem support

Guest Matchstick

Guest Matchstick
maybe but i don't think so. Which method have you used for NV flash? There is only one no?

I did NVFlash on a windows machine, so I grabbed the NVFlash zip file and the NVFlash version of Prime.

I decompressed both files into the same directory then put the transformer into NVFlash mode and told windows to use the driver we've just expanded.

Finally I just ran download.bat which (as long as all the .firmware img files are in the same directory) will do everything automatically then reboot the tablet.

Guest maxh2003

OK, I had to reset my Transformer anyway. So I took the chance to write install scripts for the Huawei drivers, attached.

So, with a perfectly-clean Prime 1.5 / Clemsys v16 install, get ADB up and running. Then extract the A500 3.1 Huawei files to c:\somedirectory, and extract the attached zip file to the same place. Then run install-tf101.bat (note it has a few pause statements to let you check the output) - disconnect and reboot the tf101 when prompted, and when it comes back up plug in your 3G USB stick.

Works for me - I didn't even need to use the mobile networks settings or define an APN, it just connects immediately...

:edit: I think Kasimodo below is right - when you install Prime 1.5, you must choose during the install wizard to use "Mobile Networks and Wifi", and not just "Wifi" else I don't think it'll work.

tf101_huawei_install_scripts.zip

Edited by maxh2003

Guest jonnyspuruk
OK, I had to reset my Transformer anyway. So I took the chance to write install scripts for the Huawei drivers, attached.

So, with a perfectly-clean Prime 1.5 / Clemsys v16 install, get ADB up and running. Then extract the A500 3.1 Huawei files to c:\somedirectory, and extract the attached zip file to the same place. Then run install-tf101.bat (note it has a few pause statements to let you check the output) - disconnect and reboot the tf101 when prompted, and when it comes back up plug in your 3G USB stick.

Works for me - I didn't even need to use the mobile networks settings or define an APN, it just connects immediately...

Guys i have been keenly following your thread but i can honestly say i am no way as knowledgable as you in this matter. I used to own an Advent vega and with various roms devs were able to add 3g zip files that i could apply through a zip file in clockwork mod that enabled me to get my huawei e220 dongle working flawlessly. Would it be poosible for you to add the 3g files in a zip i could apply through clockwork and get my dongle working on the transformer?

thx

Guest Kasimodo

Big progress for me!!!

I've made another try by NVflashing one more time with Prime v1.5 and during setting i checked 'usewifi and 3g' or something like that. The Mobile Network option is here and enable with or without Dongle. No time to install the a500 patch. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Guest Matchstick
Big progress for me!!!

I've made another try by NVflashing one more time with Prime v1.5 and during setting i checked 'usewifi and 3g' or something like that. The Mobile Network option is here and enable with or without Dongle. No time to install the a500 patch. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Excellent news !

That's just what I saw when I flashed with NVFlash and after that the A500 patch worked first time.

Guest Kasimodo

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! It works by using your script.

So to resume, i've just made a clean install by using NVFlash and Prime! v1.5 (without installing Clemsys v16).

I reboot the TF101. At first boot, the setup wizard asks for language, ... and some other things.

At a moment, setup wizard ask us to select which kind of connection we want: "Just WiFi or 3G + Wifi". I chose the "3G + WiFi option".

At this step, and after finishing the setup wizard, I've got 3G Mobile Network in Parameters.

this option is enable except for 2G that will be enable when the 3G dongle will be plugged.

Afterwards, I used the AMAZING script of Maxh2003 (my new best friend! LOL), reboot, plug the 3G Dongle (E1752) and all works fine.

Thank you again to MatchStick and Maxh2003

Regards,

PS @ Maxh2003: can I share your script on other forums (which is easier to use for "newbies")?

Guys i have been keenly following your thread but i can honestly say i am no way as knowledgable as you in this matter. I used to own an Advent vega and with various roms devs were able to add 3g zip files that i could apply through a zip file in clockwork mod that enabled me to get my huawei e220 dongle working flawlessly. Would it be poosible for you to add the 3g files in a zip i could apply through clockwork and get my dongle working on the transformer?

thx

Why don't you use the ADB script from Maxh2003?

Edited by Kasimodo

Guest maxh2003
Maxh2003: can I share your script on other forums (which is easier to use for "newbies")?

Certainly you can! Which forums, out of interest? Anyway, glad I could help :)

Guest Kasimodo

I'm on XDA Developpers too and TabletRoms.

So I though to do a tuto for all other people because I've asked many questions about 3G dongles... LOL

Guest jonnyspuruk
I'm on XDA Developpers too and TabletRoms.

So I though to do a tuto for all other people because I've asked many questions about 3G dongles... LOL

well i have followed all instructions and have all the mobile apn settings, can search for networks, finds my vodafone uk network, says registered on network, but dongle never connects just flashes blue. Dunno what i am doing wrong.

Edit: manually entered vodafone apn and now working.

sweeeeeeetttttttt.

thx alot guys

Edited by jonnyspuruk

Guest Kasimodo
well i have followed all instructions and have all the mobile apn settings, can search for networks, finds my vodafone uk network, says registered on network, but dongle never connects just flashes blue. Dunno what i am doing wrong.

Edit: manually entered vodafone apn and now working.

sweeeeeeetttttttt.

thx alot guys

You're welcome.

Watch the thread with explanations for colors Led.

Guest jonnyspuruk
You're welcome.

Watch the thread with explanations for colors Led.

Yeah i knew what the colors meant on the dongle just didnt know why it was not connecting to the network. Guess my huwaei e220 dongle settings were not in the script. Now i have manually entered apn, it connects straight away. However i must have the dongle insterted on boot for it to work.

thx

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi,

Great progress you've achieved. Is there on tutorial which I can follow to add 3g modem support on my new transformer?

Thx.

Guest Matchstick
@Matchstick:

If you want and because you are the "owner" of this thread (you can modify/edit your first post),so you can, if you want, copy/paste it here.

No problem for me.

Regards.

Thanks, I'll add it to the first post but make it clear I did none of the hard work :blink:

Guest Pride1922

Ive flashed the Prime 1.5 and applied the patch.

My pen (huawei E1550) is recognized as a cd rom on my computer (windows 7 64bits).

@ putty used command ATZ before ATI and then the AT^U2DIAG=0.

After configuring the right APN and a couple of reboots, its working perfectly.

Thanks everyone who put effort into this. Love you guys.

Edited by Pride1922

Guest CuCkoOPT

Hey everyone,

Working with Huawei E169G (add to the compability list biggrin.gif)

I became all stressed up when i couldn't use the "AT^U2DIAG=0" on putty... but it worked without it! biggrin.gif

Another thing... Sometimes when i lock my transformer the dongle doesn't connect to the internet at all and then i need to reboot, is that a common issue?

Thx for all this work!!

You, you guys are AWESOME! :D

Guest Kasimodo

Another thing... Sometimes when i lock my transformer the dongle doesn't connect to the internet at all and then i need to reboot, is that a common issue?

Thx for all this work!!

Never had this problem because my TF is often OFF. So I start it with the 3G dongle if I know that I will need it.

Guest renalo

i had a similar problem, i coulnt connect to the web with a 3G dongle and my provider was out of range even for hotspots, so i found another provider that does what they call a t-mobile wireless pointer. This is basically a small wireless wifi which you can connect ur eee pad to wirelessly. It needs charging from the mains about once a day just like a phone.I pay £10 a month with an 18 month contract which i will end next month when i get back home from my vacation.Its great, i carry in my handbag and i connect my eeepad as and when i wish. GREAAAATTTT!!

Guest Kasimodo

Hummm... i think there is another problem!! Grrr

@Matchstick and all who want to reply:

Have you updated Prime v1.5 with Prime v1.6? Is your Mobile Network Options in Settings always here? I lost mine.

I've tried a factory reset. But the setup wizard didn't ask me to choose between "3G + Wifi" or "Wifi only".

Of course I can re-do a nvflash with Prime v1.5 but i think there is another thing to do instead.

Can you tell me how it works for you?

Regards

Guest jonnyspuruk

Hummm... i think there is another problem!! Grrr

@Matchstick and all who want to reply:

Have you updated Prime v1.5 with Prime v1.6? Is your Mobile Network Options in Settings always here? I lost mine.

I've tried a factory reset. But the setup wizard didn't ask me to choose between "3G + Wifi" or "Wifi only".

Of course I can re-do a nvflash with Prime v1.5 but i think there is another thing to do instead.

Can you tell me how it works for you?

Regards

Hi

Yes same problem for me , updated to prime 1.6 mobile settings gone. Even tried wiping and installing nvflash version of prime 1.6 but for some reason it does not give the option for mobile networks on setup like prime 1.5 does. The only way to get mobile settings back is to go back to prime 1.5 nvflash or to insall prime 1.6, factory reset, clear cache, and then install netformer kernel before first boot. THis also gives the mobile networks and you can then have 3g on prime 1.6

Guest Kasimodo

Hi

Yes same problem for me , updated to prime 1.6 mobile settings gone. Even tried wiping and installing nvflash version of prime 1.6 but for some reason it does not give the option for mobile networks on setup like prime 1.5 does. The only way to get mobile settings back is to go back to prime 1.5 nvflash or to insall prime 1.6, factory reset, clear cache, and then install netformer kernel before first boot. THis also gives the mobile networks and you can then have 3g on prime 1.6

Thank you for this information.

Indeed, I've already tried but I've installed the Netformer Kernel after first reboot.

I'm trying with your suggestion.

EDIT: Sorry it doesn't work for me.

I've factory reset my actual v1.6, then wipe Dalvik cache, then install the v1.6.zip via clockwork.

And before reboot system I've installed Netformer 1.5 signed.

At the end I've rebooted my TF101 and reply to the Setup Wizard. but no more Mobile Network question... only Wifi.

Is it what you've done too?

which version of ClockWork Recovery Mode have you?

Edited by Kasimodo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sarevok

I am already running on Prime 1.7 (but I didn't use the NVflash version and there was no wipe involved). Is there a possibility to make this work on this ROM or do I need to downgrade?

Edited by Sarevok

Guest Kasimodo

hello

some guys have succeeded with Prime v1.7

for me Prime 1.7 has too many bugs and no Mobile Network option.

So I have installed prime v1.5 with NVFlash then, after first boot, I have installed via cwm Revolver 2.1 and all work fine with no other issues than those which are with the original HC 3.2

regards

Edited by Kasimodo

• 1 year later...
Guest Charly Kayo

Hello and some know how to run 3g usb modem padfone 2 I have ogt adapter and cable but I can not let go of 3g internet modem