• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How much branding in Orange Atrix

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I am getting impatient for the generic Atrix to come out. I assume that if I got hold of an Orange one, that at some point I would be able to reflash it with a generic stock Motorola ROM?

But in the meantime, I was curious how much Orange branding there is on an Orange Atrix? I understand the phone itself is not branded on the casing. But I was wondering about splash screens at start-up/shutdown, icons etc etc?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Posted

I am getting impatient for the generic Atrix to come out. I assume that if I got hold of an Orange one, that at some point I would be able to reflash it with a generic stock Motorola ROM?

But in the meantime, I was curious how much Orange branding there is on an Orange Atrix? I understand the phone itself is not branded on the casing. But I was wondering about splash screens at start-up/shutdown, icons etc etc?

Thanks,

Jonathan

The only one I have seen has nothing Orange related to it at all except when you click on the browser that takes you to ann Orange website.

That is easy to bypass by using the Google search (or whatever takes your fancy, Firefox etc,) instead. ;)

Posted

The only one I have seen has nothing Orange related to it at all except when you click on the browser that takes you to ann Orange website.

That is easy to bypass by using the Google search (or whatever takes your fancy, Firefox etc,) instead. ;)

I got a hold of an Orange one today since I posted my message. There seems to be 2 Orange apps, Orange Wednesday and Orance accounts. So I flashed the French Orange firmware on the phone, which seems to have no branding/apps at all. The only thing is there are three less apps icons than the UK one, so I have been trying to figure out what is missing over the UK version.

Posted (edited)

I got a hold of an Orange one today since I posted my message. There seems to be 2 Orange apps, Orange Wednesday and Orance accounts. So I flashed the French Orange firmware on the phone, which seems to have no branding/apps at all. The only thing is there are three less apps icons than the UK one, so I have been trying to figure out what is missing over the UK version.

Orange Wendays and Orange Accounts have as far as I can remember been on every Android phone I have had and yes I have had a few of them.

Edited by Sandiman

Posted

To me (coming from orange hero and sf) this is not 'orangised' at all, compared to the junk that was on both the hero and sf.

Posted

Same here, I'm not sure what happened at Orange HQ but the Atrix got away with hardly any meddling. Maybe Orange decided that constantly annoying customers with over branding wasn't worth doing on the Atrix, or perhaps the Atrix/Motoblur was too complex for them to work with.

Either way, it's a result for us!