Framelimit removed!

Guest TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

I managed it to remove the frame limit of the Acer Liquid MT (Novatek 35399 Panel). As it is the same Panel as the HTC Evo 4G (partially), this is the maximum the panel can achieve.

This works at the moment, just for Froyo (2.2.x), as we only have this source.

post-716298-1308214275_thumb.jpg

Be aware that this can damage your device if you don't know what you do. I'm not responsible if you damage, brick or blow up your device and your girlfriend doesn't like you anymore cause the phone is dead! If you don't know what you do wait for a tutorial or keep your hands away. That's the safer way!

Before you do anything do a NANDROID, It's your fault when your device doesn't boot anymore, you can always make a backup and restore it!

A Preview-UV/OC-Boot.img (@ 1GHz) can be downloaded here: Acer_Liquid_MT_Kernel_20110615_202318.imgFlash/Boot it via fastboot As I don't know how to do it as an update.zip ;)

I forgot to say, that the softkeys are at a higher position than before 'cause I have to send my Acer back to repair, but I don't want to :P

just booting it - not risky, just pull battery if it doesn't work!

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot boot.img
flashing it to the device - riskier if you don't know what you do!
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

If someone wants do use the code in his own kernel, have a look at my github: https://github.com/marcOcram

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest dieghito

hi. i wrote

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot kernel.img

fastboot reboot

Now my metal is stopped at the ACER white word

Guest TechnoLover

On which Rom/Leak have you been?

Do you have a Nandroid? Than mount your sdcard and copy the boot.img from there and flash that image back to your device.

Guest TechnoLover

here it works on 1.100.49, with Acer UI and with Android UI, so the download is maybe corrupt, I will upload a *.zip with the boot.img inside.

//EDIT: *.zip in first post

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

It includes

• Undervolt
  • Overclock
  • 1%-Battery-Step
  • removed Framelimit
  • everything else from the github

Battery-Step could be a bit buggy, I need some opinions ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

@paugustin

Is your phone rooted?

Do you have any modifications installed?

Can you provide me a "adb logcat" or something else, maybe a nandroid (without your personal things of course)?

You don't need a wipe (normally), cause it's just a kernel, but you can try of course if you want to ;) don't forget the nandroid :P

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

try to get a logcat when the phone stuck at "Acer" otherwise tell me how you rooted your phone and I will try my luck ;)

Guest davidevinavil

Very compliments ;)

Hope we can port this to new kernel easly :P

Tank you..

This is the only thing that let me downgrade to froyo when phone come back from ACER service :D

Guest Nesli

So, bin .35, ROM T and L 0.3 : working perfect ;) Graphic operations are absolutly smooth :P

EDIT: Batt. level seems to be still 5pct :/

EDIT2: FPS limit in max. 53fps, not average

Anyway, perfect work :D

Edited by Nesli

Guest ES4540
I managed it to remove the frame limit of the Acer Liquid MT (Novatek 35399 Panel). As it is the same Panel as the HTC Evo 4G (partially), this is the maximum the panel can achieve.

This works at the moment, just for Froyo (2.2.x), as we only have this source.

A Preview-UV/OC-Boot.img (@ 1GHz) (Do a NANDROID!) can be downloaded, flash/boot it via fastboot. This isn't an update.zip (!) as I don't know how to do it as an update.zip ;)

I forgot to say, that the softkeys are at a higher position than before 'cause I have to send my Acer back to repair, but I don't want to :P

just booting it - not risky, just pull battery if it doesn't work!

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot boot.img
flashing it to the device - riskier if you don't know what you do!
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

If someone wants do use the code in his own kernel, have a look at my github: https://github.com/marcOcram

I cant download it, it say 403error

Guest redshift13

Awesome...!!great work mate..will test tonigh.. ;)

on a side note..can u tell me where u got the protective case for your metal..??links..??