Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest Simon O

This reminds me of the time we got the Chinese froyo leak. Oh, how much fun we had with that rom! Hopefully soon there will be a shipped rom we can obtain and have fun with. Really want kernel source too!

Guest t0mm13b
This reminds me of the time we got the Chinese froyo leak. Oh, how much fun we had with that rom! Hopefully soon there will be a shipped rom we can obtain and have fun with. Really want kernel source too!

me too!!!! B) :D ;) ;) Here's hoping something will show up on their "bulletin board".... :)

Guest t0mm13b
zte f*cked up the sources? or what? mobile data doesnt work for me with apn replace...that why cuz its only 2g and not 3g?

Never a truer word spoken!!!!! :)

Guest CaptainSpectacular

It's smell like a certain ZTE skate is near from all of that, i'm wrong ? B)

Good luck to anyone who working on that. :)

Guest shmizan

"FLB Gingerbread" those are big words, make sure you mean it :):D:D:D:D:D (getting excited and all..)

maybe this leak isn't final..

Guest EarL007
someone can tell me how can i install this roms launcher2.apk (12mb) on cm7? which is include in the first, not this v3...

copy it to CM7's system/app directory

Guest dibbles

Is this normal for this ROM...?

When I have flashed it (using Len's version 2) I then set it up and restored my apps etc and all was well. Len released version 3 and I thought "why not". So I then used CWM to flash over the top with no wipes. However everything was wiped and all of my settings and apps, so lovingly restored, have just vanished as though I had wiped it first.

Guest jurrasstoil

man, i really hope they get the kernel source out a lot faster than with .32

I actually like CM and the neat features it offers :)

Guest DonJamal
Is this normal for this ROM...?

When I have flashed it (using Len's version 2) I then set it up and restored my apps etc and all was well. Len released version 3 and I thought "why not". So I then used CWM to flash over the top with no wipes. However everything was wiped and all of my settings and apps, so lovingly restored, have just vanished as though I had wiped it first.

B) it happend 4me too :)

Guest ricardopvz
B) it happend 4me too :)

The update script included in the zip formats data partition.

btw, has anyone noticeed slowdowns when a dialog is open? for example the widget picker.

And i've already crt animations working, but is slow as hell

Edited by ricardopvz

Guest DonJamal
The update script included in the zip formats data partition.

btw, has anyone noticeed slowdowns when a dialog is open? for example the widget picker.

And i've already crt animations working, but is slow as hell

if im gonna delete this line it will be good?

format("MTD", "userdata");

Guest dibbles
Yes

What would happen (or not) if this line was also deleted....

format("MTD", "system");

or is that a no no..? I would prefer that it would retain any settings etc that I have applied (just like a nightly build) and only wipe if I should format within CWM, if possible..?

Guest burstlam

for certain this is an unfinished work.

yet the camera, cam recording and fm functions is great.

I would love to see the source come out soon before they really mess it.

Guest atillaahun
Nah, that's totally fine. You just need to redirect your cache. Install this zip-file via Clockwork and you will be totally fine. No need to repartition your phone.

cache2tmpfs.zip

I installed this zip ( cache2tmpfs_blade_froyo_signed.zip) but hasn't fixed the market downloading problem. Maybe cause it's for froyo. At least it says so. Is there anybody who actually got solved the market problem with this?

If there's not, someone could make a working one? It would be great to avoid the repartitioning procedure.

Btw, gps still not working either for me, but can also confirm that it keeps the wifi connection even in sleeping state, which is quite a miracle for me, I've never seen this working ,none of my 3 blades, I tried a bunch of roms though.

Edited by atillaahun

yet the camera, cam recording and fm functions is great.

For me FM radio was hissing like crazy, although it worked fine, even preset stations.

Guest Len Ash
For me FM radio was hissing like crazy, although it worked fine, even preset stations.

The ZTE FM Radio always did this even in 2.1 and 2.2.

I'm going to try the pre-RDS FM Radio (0.5) and see if that works OK. And then do some more tidying and "consolidation". Spare Parts missing atm

On a side note, it has been an interesting exercise, and so far, I'm finding this rather usable. It is also good to see so many folk freely collaborating once again.

Edited by Len Ash