Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest dibbles
The ZTE FM Radio always did this even in 2.1 and 2.2.

I'm going to try the pre-RDS FM Radio (0.4) and see if that works OK. And then do some more tidying and "consolidation". Spare Parts missing atm

On a side note, it has been an interesting exercise, and so far, I'm finding this rather usable. It is also good to see so many folk freely collaborating once again.

Thanks for the builds you have been putting together so far Len.

If you do another one would you consider removing that line which wipes the data and settings when flashed...?

As with the nightlies a person could then decide whether they wished to wipe or not.

Guest t0mm13b

Right....

This is a heads up.

The kernel config found in this leaked rom, is one mess - allow me to explain:

I have downloaded the official CodeAurora's sources (CAF) for 2.6.35.7 Yokohama source and ran the build against the config.

Needless to say - it broke the compile which suggest that the .35.7 rom that is leaked is from a broken/hacked up source by ZTE...

so hackers out there - do not try build it.... it is indeed a broken thing ....

am looking / digging around to see why/how/what can be done...will keep you posted :)

Guest Android.Fan
Btw, gps still not working either for me, but can also confirm that it keeps the wifi connection even in sleeping state, which is quite a miracle for me, I've never seen this working ,none of my 3 blades, I tried a bunch of roms though.

It's really a miracle if this's the case. Is it possible to use wifi related stuff from this ROM in CM7 to get the same results?

Guest ThermalDroid
Who want's the power widget in notifications like in my rom?

You mean like in pretty much every well developed ROM for the san francisco? >.>

Guest Len Ash
Thanks for the builds you have been putting together so far Len.

If you do another one would you consider removing that line which wipes the data and settings when flashed...?

As with the nightlies a person could then decide whether they wished to wipe or not.

Yep - done that! Was getting forked off having to keep resetting everything!

Guest atillaahun
It's really a miracle if this's the case. Is it possible to use wifi related stuff from this ROM in CM7 to get the same results?

I'm far from a pro, so can't really tell, but it may worth a try, at least in case this GB project goes wrong - which would really make me sad - but than I should put back CM.

Some of the gen1 nightlies also had wifi drivers, which kept the connection with the screen turned off, however without real sleeping, so ate a lot. Anyway i just copied the wifi folder in /system from one rom to another, and it worked. I hope that would be enough in this case too.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest shmizan

so how can we take the best of both worlds - CM7 and this ROM and make them one?

the wifi works as it should here. should we take these wifi drivers and test them on CM7?

what about other stuff that is broke on CM7 and works here?

Edited by shmizan

Guest vampywiz17
so how can we take the best of both worlds - CM7 and this ROM and make them one?

the wifi works as it should here. should we take these wifi drivers and test them on CM7?

Sensors, FM

Guest atillaahun

Sounds good, as far as I can see, besides the wifi driver, the phone.apk would also worth a transfer, cause group contacts and call recording are quite valuable options for me.

And the radio of course, even if I never use it.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest Len Ash

This is due to the culmination of everyone's efforts today.

Based on burstlam's slim version.

APN list updated, GPS working, non-RDS/non-ZTE FM radio added, GB Launcher, HW accel OFF, locale now NOT US, Spare Parts now present, QuickBoot added (add shortcuts to home screen), some Social apps added, some crap taken out.

And this won't wipe out your user data..

Will be interesting to see what the code level guys find with the kernel hacks.

130MB

md5 f27d3e6f258efc886d660aa224a42e7a

V880 end of day round up

Guest rob945
Tell me if im wrong because i just might be but does this mean now that we can get a vanilla Gingerbread rom or close to because i'm sick to death of seeing new roms based on CM7, this is why i've stuck with Swedish Spring because its simple and what i need i dont want 10,000 options to change a font colour or something daft like that, i mean no offense to CM or anything like that but it seems like everyone now builds roms automatically thinks that everyone wants a rom with CM in it.

Sorry guys just bugs the hell outta me

^^^This :)

And also...Len....can I marry you and make gingerbread babies? This is freaking awesome!!!

Ahem...

Thank you guys B)

Guest sm4tik
for certain this is an unfinished work.

yet the camera, cam recording and fm functions is great.

I would love to see the source come out soon before they really mess it.

What improvements are there with the cam? I just realized tha camera in CM7 won't respect exposure or zoom (haven't tested that much, so there might be more). I'm tempted to try the cam app, is there anything else that needs to be copied than just the apk?

Guest Thek Torium

Thats so great!

It really looks like a Beta-Leak! :)

Maybe ZTE will release the Sourcecode soon. A newer Kernel would be nice on the Blade!

Guest Richard_Arkless
What improvements are there with the cam? I just realized tha camera in CM7 won't respect exposure or zoom (haven't tested that much, so there might be more). I'm tempted to try the cam app, is there anything else that needs to be copied than just the apk?

quality is about the same as cyanogenmod

I think just copying the .apk will be fine

Guest ufoman

Do you feel the popup menus in leak are slow? Set debug.composition.type to gpu (so the line in question says debug.composition.type=gpu) in build.prop :)

Guest liamdunn

ooo one thing i do like is the uhhh what would you call it like a trackball thing but its on the screen when typing, very useful

(sorry crap explanation lol)

Guest Pelemane
Do you feel the popup menus in leak are slow? Set debug.composition.type to gpu (so the line in question says debug.composition.type=gpu) in build.prop :)

Do you need to set debug.sf.hw to 1? (like this: debug.sf.hw=1)

It is set to 0 (debug.sf.hw=0) in Len Ashes last build.

Guest liamdunn
can someone recomile the kernel with VMSPLIT_3G if this is what needs to get the mobile data work?

Mobile data does work, if it didnt then i wouldnt be able to tether my phone to the laptop and access the internet and be sending you this reply :)