Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest Jekle
Thanks .

Also Mobile Data (3G) work in your build - sure APN must fit ?

In the leak mobile data would only work if you added your apn manually. We may see more leaks which fix this problem or! if wbaw has fixed this!

Guest DaneelS

Thanks for this burstlam, plus wbaw and others. Is there somewhere I can look to see the improvements 2.6.35 brings over 2.3.4? I'm currently on CM7 Green V5.

Edited by DaneelS

Guest 用户名已经
Earl, you sure, that fix actually works? I got a bootloop after installed the zip in recovery. :) Also tried to copy the .apk to system/app, put the proper permissions on it, reboot, but the dialer still cant recognize the *983*0#

I've written a pm to the author about the source code, but I guess I was not the first one, hope he's answering soon.

good luck.

Guest aaujt74
This is due to the culmination of everyone's efforts today.

Based on burstlam's slim version.

APN list updated, GPS working, non-RDS/non-ZTE FM radio added, GB Launcher, HW accel OFF, locale now NOT US, Spare Parts now present, QuickBoot added (add shortcuts to home screen), some Social apps added, some crap taken out.

And this won't wipe out your user data..

Will be interesting to see what the code level guys find with the kernel hacks.

130MB

md5 f27d3e6f258efc886d660aa224a42e7a

V880 end of day round up

Does this need a gen 2 phone?

And how are people finding it with battery use - i found cm7 to be far too greedy and went back to 2.2.

Edited by aaujt74

Guest liamdunn
Does this need a gen 2 phone?

And how are people finding it with battery use - i found cm7 to be far too greedy and went back to 2.2.

Well i cant speak for GEN2 phones but it works great on GEN1, not had chance to fully test out the life of the battery

Guest EarL007
Earl, you sure, that fix actually works? I got a bootloop after installed the zip in recovery. :) Also tried to copy the .apk to system/app, put the proper permissions on it, reboot, but the dialer still cant recognize the *983*0#

I've written a pm to the author about the source code, but I guess I was not the first one, hope he's answering soon.

It worked at me, or try to put the apk in the zip before flashing the rom.

Guest ufoman

Has anyone got 3g Watchdog Pro to work on this rom? I can't get to the main app view - app started well for the first time, displayed the initial config screen, and that's it...

Guest MidaMilunk
I installed this zip ( cache2tmpfs_blade_froyo_signed.zip) but hasn't fixed the market downloading problem. Maybe cause it's for froyo. At least it says so. Is there anybody who actually got solved the market problem with this?

If there's not, someone could make a working one? It would be great to avoid the repartitioning procedure.

Btw, gps still not working either for me, but can also confirm that it keeps the wifi connection even in sleeping state, which is quite a miracle for me, I've never seen this working ,none of my 3 blades, I tried a bunch of roms though.

For me this one helped! I TPTd to Gen2 with the "v7 138MB system" version, cache is only 2MB!

Guest liamdunn
Has anyone got 3g Watchdog Pro to work on this rom? I can't get to the main app view - app started well for the first time, displayed the initial config screen, and that's it...

use the non pro one it works fine

Guest PeaNut_HU
Thanks for this burstlam, plus wbaw and others. Is there somewhere I can look to see the improvements 2.6.35 brings over 2.3.4? I'm currently on CM7 Green V5.

2.6.35 is the kernel version, 2.3.4 is the Android version. Don't mix up the two. This is still 2.3.4, but at the moment this is the closest to a factory Gingerbread on Blade that is not based on CyanogenMod.

Guest zzz315
deodexed framework and apps (except that encouter a failure with Email.apk, replaced it with CM version )

replaced with gen2 ril libs to make radio works.

edit : 138MB space after install, ripped off Goggle apps (Service Framework remain) Boot Anim

addin command shell (Bash) and init.d script support.

it seems that we need to setup the apn manually to make mobile data work.

edit 19 Jun[+8:00 ] : update with build.prop hacks with ufoman &. emode fix from EarL007 , add appWidgetpicker

http://hotfile.com/dl/121289243/f02b94f/V8...signed.zip.html

md5 :00943a0126aea802c485def0a61d37bf

so far tested functions:

phone : works

gprs : works

fm : works

camera : works (support vga resolution?)

gps works

all sensors works (Some say Proximity does't. But Mine is working fine.)

Not WORKING

3G DATA

someone will lost his job because of the semifinished firmware.

Guest mELIANTE

Anyone willing to put the vanilla dialler in the leaked rom? Already tried it by replacing phone, contactsprovider and contacts with aosp ones but the thing just FCs on startup rendering the phone useless. If that would be done that rom would be my daily driver :)

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest manji
Anyone willing to put the vanilla dialler in the leaked rom? Already tried it by replacing phone, contactsprovider and contacts with aosp ones but the thing just FCs on startup rendering the phone useless. If that would be done that rom would be my daily driver :)

Indeed! I also prefer the stock android stuff. B)

Guest Len Ash
Indeed! I also prefer the stock android stuff. :)

Not having too much success making an AOSP type dialler/contacts combo at the moment, but not spent too much time on it as of yet.

The ROM I posted yesterday (in Post 166) has had some hammer today and has been spot on. GPS and Google Nav performed perfectly in the Car and elsewhere, nothing died, no reboots, no FCs. Push and pull emails all good, Handcent works a treat too.

All I have done recently is mod framework-res to improve the crappy stock autobrightness levels. Which now work over a greater range and in more "smooth" steps. It has also reduced in size by 1/3rd...

Happy days

Guest whatcolour
Not having too much success making an AOSP type dialler/contacts combo at the moment, but not spent too much time on it as of yet.

The ROM I posted yesterday (in Post 166) has had some hammer today and has been spot on. GPS and Google Nav performed perfectly in the Car and elsewhere, nothing died, no reboots, no FCs. Push and pull emails all good, Handcent works a treat too.

All I have done recently is mod framework-res to improve the crappy stock autobrightness levels. Which now work over a greater range and in more "smooth" steps. It has also reduced in size by 1/3rd...

Happy days

Was wondering who would take on the brightness task and there you are already done it :-) everything recompressed, resigned and zipaligned too I guess?

Using my own striped down version today as well with no problems, great rom I think. A pity that CM7 can't benefit from it though

Edited by whatcolour

Guest Len Ash
Was wondering who would take on the brightness task and there you are already done it :-) everything recompressed, resigned and zipaligned too I guess?

Yes, but not published yet...

I'll test it for a day and then amend the ROM with it. So far, it is all good. I do the AB thing with all remixes, in case you hadn't noticed :-)

The stock one is poor, the CM7 one is worse.