gorilla glass on ZTE?

Guest swisstourist

Guest k0zmic
Not sure about that, my Motorola Dext has gorilla glass and that thing is a PoS

I am quite surprised, whenever I read reviews about lower end phones I've never seen a mention of gorilla glass. I guess ZTE overlooked it to keep costs as low as possible.

Guest swisstourist

is it the same quality as the wildfire???.

the screen of the ZTE look dirty when screen is OFF.

with a screen protector, do you have same quality than gorilla?

and plastic is more resistant to chock i presume?.

based on my knowedge of physical week-end engineer: harder is more breakable.

when i look at the iphone 4 falling, the screen break like a car windshield.

it seems the ZTE is very solid as long we have screen cover.

what s your comment?

Guest k0zmic

I don't really know about quality.

Yeah plastic doesn't break as easily. Well, with a screen protector it's very scratch resistant.

Guest k0zmic
is that why the iphone 3gs screen feels so firm and solid?

I don't think so, I think it's just better quality. It does have that oleophobic coating which makes it more smear resistant.

Guest swisstourist
I don't think so, I think it's just better quality. It does have that oleophobic coating which makes it more smear resistant.

what s the point to have oleo coating when people apply a screen protector?

at the end my zte blade has the same quality as a iphone4 :)

still i belive if i drop my ZTE , it will resist more than an iphone.

Guest k0zmic
what s the point to have oleo coating when people apply a screen protector?

The oleo coating doesn't protect from scratches, just smears which is why people apply a screen protector.

Guest simonsays1

I use a screen protector on my Blade and it works fine. Gorilla glass would be nice but I'm sure it would push the price up.

I'm sure plastic is a lot more flexible than glass.

The Blades plastic screen and a screen protector are good enough for me. If I get scratches then I will just change the screen protector.

Guest slitz
The oleo coating doesn't protect from scratches, just smears which is why people apply a screen protector.

What they means is, if people put on a screen protector it covers the oleophobic surface coating therefore you'll get oil on the protector which feels weird when you use it. So it pretty much makes the coating useless.

Since I put my OSF in a pouch most of the time I would've prefered a oleophobic coating since my OSF seems to get smears and whatnot all over it really easily, I don't even have sweaty/oily hands!

But yeah, this device uses plastic apparently. I believe Gorilla Glass will still break if you apply the correct force to it, but it isn't physically thick like you'd expect.

Guest Psyloid

The blade is pretty sturdy, i dropped it a lot already unfortunatly (including a 1.8m drop on concrete), i have it in a silicon case with screenprotector, so far no damages (i feel lucky tho). screen quality is very good, def. better than a wildfire, by far. it's more like a desire screen, i dont mind the plastic, maybe it looks a bit more fuzzy when the screen is off, but who cares. I had an iphone 3g, but i prefer the blade

Guest Le Bar
The blade is pretty sturdy, i dropped it a lot already unfortunatly (including a 1.8m drop on concrete), i have it in a silicon case with screenprotector, so far no damages (i feel lucky tho). screen quality is very good, def. better than a wildfire, by far. it's more like a desire screen, i dont mind the plastic, maybe it looks a bit more fuzzy when the screen is off, but who cares. I had an iphone 3g, but i prefer the blade

Honestly, for a phone that costs 119 francs plus 5 francs for an Orange SIM, you're complicating many things.

Mine lives in my pocket without a skin, if it dies then I restore the Nandroid backup to a replacement device.

Simples :)

Guest swisstourist
Honestly, for a phone that costs 119 francs plus 5 francs for an Orange SIM, you're complicating many things.

Mine lives in my pocket without a skin, if it dies then I restore the Nandroid backup to a replacement device.

Simples :)

paid mine 129 swiss francs, ok, it s cheap! but i like to respect what i like so i ordered silicon case and screen cover.

Guest craigb244

The blades screen is glass. you can tell by tapping it on your teeth. also it feels cold when not used.

it will be made from some kind of toughen glass.

gorilla glass scratches just as easy imho

No, the blade's screen is hard plastic. It feels cold because the plastic is a better conductor of heat than your skin. Come on, this is secondry school level thermodynamics.

Look at something reflected in the screen of the blade (a computer monitor is good with a webpage open, lots of straight lines) and apply some pressure to the blade's screen. You'll see that it's bending, as the reflection quickly becomes quite warped under even light pressure.

Guest Torque Monster

How is the screen build?

Screen on my Blade cracked so if anyone knows how the screen is assembled?

Top layer cracked but touch screen is still working and also picture is normally visible.

So I would like to know if I have to replace touch screen or is there some protective layer on top of it all?

Guest unrandomsam
I don't really know about quality.

Yeah plastic doesn't break as easily. Well, with a screen protector it's very scratch resistant.

You just need to replace them every time you put it in your pocket (Or buy expensive ones the 3M ones are ok that you can get from amazon).

screen protectors suck. (There is some that are like £25 I guess would be ok but thats too expensive for a cheap junk phone).

The motorola flipout had gorilla glass and was £49.99 from orange for a while.

Guest craigb244
No, the blade's screen is hard plastic. It feels cold because the plastic is a better conductor of heat than your skin. Come on, this is secondry school level thermodynamics.

Look at something reflected in the screen of the blade (a computer monitor is good with a webpage open, lots of straight lines) and apply some pressure to the blade's screen. You'll see that it's bending, as the reflection quickly becomes quite warped under even light pressure.

lol no.

i can assure you it is glass.

don't know what school you went to but I study mechanical engineering and know that most plastics are less conductive then human skin which is mostly water.

glass is a much better thermal conducter then plastic hence why the screen feels colder then the screen when its not used.

you theory that its platic because it flexes is stupid. glass can be extremely flexible up to a point. the blades glass is most likely very thin and which is why you see and can bend it.

you can also tell its glass by tapping it against a glass object or even your teeth and hear/feel that it is glass.

i know of no clear plastics with hardness anywhere near that of glass.

Guest Pelemane
lol no.

i can assure you it is glass.

don't know what school you went to but I study mechanical engineering and know that most plastics are less conductive then human skin which is mostly water.

glass is a much better thermal conducter then plastic hence why the screen feels colder then the screen when its not used.

you theory that its platic because it flexes is stupid. glass can be extremely flexible up to a point. the blades glass is most likely very thin and which is why you see and can bend it.

you can also tell its glass by tapping it against a glass object or even your teeth and hear/feel that it is glass.

i know of no clear plastics with hardness anywhere near that of glass.

I cracked my digitizer and it is plastic. Try if you don't believe.

Guest Psyloid
You just need to replace them every time you put it in your pocket (Or buy expensive ones the 3M ones are ok that you can get from amazon).

screen protectors suck. (There is some that are like £25 I guess would be ok but thats too expensive for a cheap junk phone).

The motorola flipout had gorilla glass and was £49.99 from orange for a while.

the sofiz screen protectors are good quality and very very cheap !