gorilla glass on ZTE?

Guest swisstourist

Guest craigb244
I cracked my digitizer and it is plastic. Try if you don't believe.

what made you think its plastic? glass cracks much easier then plastic

Is there even a test that doesn't involve tapping or pushing and looking at the reflections to test if it's plastic or glass?

temperature test.... remove battery and put the phone in the fridge/cold place for 10mins. the glass will feel colder then the rest of the plastic phone.

its even more obvious when you feel our screen along with a known plastic screen.

another maybe destructive test would be to heat the screen. (a soldering iron will work but better with a broken screen over a flame.)

if the screen is glass a soldering iron wont touch it (might melt through any coating but wont go all the way through)

if its plastic it will melt, but if its a thermosetting plastic (i dont know of any clear thermo setting plastic) it will burn through.

Guest swisstourist

what s the best to clean the ZTE screen, same spray for LCD screen? or for glass? or just a chiffon for glass is enough?

Guest Psyloid
what s the best to clean the ZTE screen, same spray for LCD screen? or for glass? or just a chiffon for glass is enough?

microfibercloth and some spit :s

works for me though :)

Guest laserburn

It is glass - I've just tried scratching it with a screwdriver and couldn't leave a mark at all. If it's a plastic, than it is certainly some plastic that I've never seen before.

Guest crblues

Yeah it's glass no doubt.

And to answer the question about gorilla glass, well it's no as important as the way it's mounted on the phone... to take the example from the much talked iphone 4 it has the "Gorilla Glass" but I can assure you as a repairer that has a few of those under is belt, ( :) ) that kind of glass breaks if you look at it funny... B)

I've replaced lot's of backs and fronts from those phones, and every time I've had one in my possession I get very nervous and conscious about how I hold it. It costs a fortune and it is as we say here in Portugal, "a small glass of perfume" "Um vidrinho de Cheiro" :D very fiddly and fragile.

On the other hand, the Blade has its glass encased in the plastic and that helps a lot with the protection so if you are conscious and use a protection you'll be all right... If not, well, it's cheap enough that you don't fell too bad. especially if you have a better standard of living than us here in Portugal.. ;)

;)

Guest swisstourist
It is glass - I've just tried scratching it with a screwdriver and couldn't leave a mark at all. If it's a plastic, than it is certainly some plastic that I've never seen before.

i just poped in a cell phone shop, and it looks all phone are plastic. it doesnt feel glass, even the galaxy S. so it s hard to say, because glass these days doesn't look like a conventional window glass we have in houses.

so i presume the zte blade may be glass, or gorilla glass?, if not ,another brand maybe?.

as for testing, could someone here, try to test his ZTE with screw driver, and report, preferably with a video.

your ZTE is a piece of junk anyway, so don't worry. :)

at least do something usefull for the ZTE blade (SFO)community!

Guest Stevvie

Gorilla glass is only scratch proof when using softer things like metal. I have an LG Optimus 2X and that has Gorilla glass and that was scratch whilst in my pocket by some sand/grit.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jenck

i just poped in a cell phone shop, and it looks all phone are plastic. it doesnt feel glass, even the galaxy S. so it s hard to say, because glass these days doesn't look like a conventional window glass we have in houses.

so i presume the zte blade may be glass, or gorilla glass?, if not ,another brand maybe?.

as for testing, could someone here, try to test his ZTE with screw driver, and report, preferably with a video.

your ZTE is a piece of junk anyway, so don't worry. wink.gif

at least do something usefull for the ZTE blade (SFO)community!

Well you have to be sure that Zte Blade have glass screen , i using almost 2 years ago and have no protector , (i fitted at the beginning but was looks worse i removed quick :) , with protector is much more surface ,layers ,much more reflections so the image will be poor .

I using without protector i have just a leather bag for it , i have no one scratch at all .

The glass it is more coulder than plastic which is warmer at touch , also i tried to scratch with my teeths too :) but was just sliding away , without effect , give me a plastic which it is so resistable :)

So i'm very satisfied with ZTe if i exclude the Worse Camera for recording ,missing flash, armV6 , and 600mhz ;) .

But i have to mention that is at least as much pros as contra's , dimensions is very suitable for me , scratchresistant glass screen, shape is nice (thin). 800x480 pixel lcd etc.etc almost is included in this phone like in the expensive models ...

another poor thing maybe is the sound .