[ROM] By RexChun 2.3.4 Radio Fix

Guest Archer_cn

Guest MaxAxe

using DJ fluminee's mod

is it just me or does battery drain faster on this one ? ... i have switched off whatever i could ... got a couple of widgets running though... mainly the facebook chat and gmail app...

The fonts on the status bar are more or less unreadable... isnt there another theme available that would fix the fonts and symbols. Also hate the battery meter that small a font is again not a good idea for the battery meter... any way to switch it back ? if all else fails I might just go back to 2.2 :(

Guest Dj Fluminee

using DJ fluminee's mod

is it just me or does battery drain faster on this one ? ... i have switched off whatever i could ... got a couple of widgets running though... mainly the facebook chat and gmail app...

The fonts on the status bar are more or less unreadable... isnt there another theme available that would fix the fonts and symbols. Also hate the battery meter that small a font is again not a good idea for the battery meter... any way to switch it back ? if all else fails I might just go back to 2.2 :(

cyanogen mod based roms are battery vampires, therefore i recommend using an task manaher with autokill function and switching wifi off when not needed. the fonts can be easily replaced: you simply open the zip of this rom and the zip of a rom with normal font-> navigate to system -> fonts here you simply drag droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf from the zip with normal font and drop it in this zip..for battery you go in cyanogenmod settings interface status bar tweaks

Edited by Dj Fluminee

Guest MaxAxe

Another issue ... every time I restart the phone ... my home button disappears...

The radio also doesn't work... instead of fixing all of this I think i'll wait for another rom and for now I'll just go back to 2.2

Guest mladenovic73

Another issue ... every time I restart the phone ... my home button disappears...

The radio also doesn't work... instead of fixing all of this I think i'll wait for another rom and for now I'll just go back to 2.2

Just lock the desktop.Menu/lock desktop.That will solv your problem.

Guest Rahulj85

Just lock the desktop.Menu/lock desktop.That will solv your problem.

On a different note, does anyone knows how to change the splash screen in zte racer?

Guest leighw101

On a different note, does anyone knows how to change the splash screen in zte racer?

Do you mean the first boot image (green android) or the boot image that's animated?

Guest Rahulj85

Do you mean the first boot image (green android) or the boot image that's animated?

i am talking about the very first screen the moment the phone is switched on. i have managed to change the boot animation by placing the bootanimation.zip under /system/media...i need to know how to change the first screen..its known as splash right?

Guest Rahulj85

cyanogen mod based roms are battery vampires, therefore i recommend using an task manaher with autokill function and switching wifi off when not needed. the fonts can be easily replaced: you simply open the zip of this rom and the zip of a rom with normal font-> navigate to system -> fonts here you simply drag droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf from the zip with normal font and drop it in this zip..for battery you go in cyanogenmod settings interface status bar tweaks

As per your suggestion dj fiuminee, i tried advance task killer and advance task manager from the market. despite the auto kill feature enabled, there are some applications like email, facebook that keep starting up persistently. i am using the reworked version of the b08 that you had uploaded and there is amazing amount of battery drain in it. i find myself charging it almost twice a day with hardly any use..any suggestions?

Guest Racerboy

As per your suggestion dj fiuminee, i tried advance task killer and advance task manager from the market. despite the auto kill feature enabled, there are some applications like email, facebook that keep starting up persistently. i am using the reworked version of the b08 that you had uploaded and there is amazing amount of battery drain in it. i find myself charging it almost twice a day with hardly any use..any suggestions?

battery drain is a common prob with some of the these roms but you could try this http://dl.dbank.com/c0oeqw54b1 its the 2.3.5 ZTE-U X850 MND-B01 from the chinese roms thread on this forum thx to Dj Fluminee and Malshenzu for hosting it and the guy who made it, the battery drain is alot better in this and everything works as it should, there are a couple of chinese apps in it but they are easily removed and replaced, usual method copy to sdcard, install through clockwork recovery.

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

battery drain is a common prob with some of the these roms but you could try this http://dl.dbank.com/c0oeqw54b1 its the 2.3.5 ZTE-U X850 MND-B01 from the chinese roms thread on this forum thx to Dj Fluminee and Malshenzu for hosting it and the guy who made it, the battery drain is alot better in this and everything works as it should, there are a couple of chinese apps in it but they are easily removed and replaced, usual method copy to sdcard, install through clockwork recovery.

thanks for the share on the information..maybe it is easrier for me to ask rather than try this out, but is this rom stable? especially the screen calibration? b08 is very stable and thats 1 thing i liked about it..the touch response is very much accurate. also, i couldnt help noticing the name of the rom you mentioned..is it b01?

Guest Racerboy

thanks for the share on the information..maybe it is easrier for me to ask rather than try this out, but is this rom stable? especially the screen calibration? b08 is very stable and thats 1 thing i liked about it..the touch response is very much accurate. also, i couldnt help noticing the name of the rom you mentioned..is it b01?

yes it is B01 but not the 2.3.4 B01 version its the 2.3.5 B01 version :P and the screen calibration is very good to, but the best way to see is to install it yourself and find out as same phone may have slightly different hardware inside compared to others depends which country/provider. just make a backup before you experiment....

Guest Rahulj85

yes it is B01 but not the 2.3.4 B01 version its the 2.3.5 B01 version :P and the screen calibration is very good to, but the best way to see is to install it yourself and find out as same phone may have slightly different hardware inside compared to others depends which country/provider. just make a backup before you experiment....

ok thanks. yes i am downloading it right now..will make a backup for sure..flashed a couple of roms, so know the drill by now..:-)

Guest spmaurya

Even I have installed this version and will update soon ;)

BTW while installing from ClockWorkMod it was displaying installing update 2.3.4 :blink: and the start up screen has almost become a cartoon film :(

Guest Rahulj85

BTW while installing from ClockWorkMod it was displaying installing update 2.3.4 :blink: and the start up screen has almost become a cartoon film :(

yeah even i notice that it was showing 2.3.4 and even the kernel version is the same, but it is definitely better than b01 i used before. i replaced the bootanimation with the one i like before i flashed this, so dont know what kinda stuff is displayed in this rom..:-)..

Guest Racerboy

lol the chinese love their cartoons hehe, if you check the "about phone" in settings it should say 2.3.5. i saw the same 2.3.4 when installing aswell so dont worry about that like Rahulj85 said in the post above you can change the bootanimation to something else and edit the build.prop file to display a different default language.

Guest Rahulj85

lol the chinese love their cartoons hehe, if you check the "about phone" in settings it should say 2.3.5. i saw the same 2.3.4 when installing aswell so dont worry about that like Rahulj85 said in the post above you can change the bootanimation to something else and edit the build.prop file to display a different default language.

well going back to my backup of b08..the rom is good, but there is a lag in touch response which is kinda irritating. battery drain is slightly better.30% in 10 hours in comparision to 50% in b08...i guess will have to stick to b08 until something better comes out..nevertheless thanks racerboy for providing the rom..:-)

Guest Rahulj85

well going back to my backup of b08..the rom is good, but there is a lag in touch response which is kinda irritating. battery drain is slightly better.30% in 10 hours in comparision to 50% in b08...i guess will have to stick to b08 until something better comes out..nevertheless thanks racerboy for providing the rom..:-)

Raceryboy, would you happen to know how to flash the splash image in zte racer?

Guest Racerboy

Raceryboy, would you happen to know how to flash the splash image in zte racer?

The green robot before the bootanimation? I have no idea how to change that mainly because i`ve not looked in to it sry but i`ll have a look, i think maybe it cant be changed. i maybe be wrong

you could try this new rom http://android.modaco.com/topic/344747-4pda-rom-234-mooncake-v188-gen1/ if you like experimenting with new roms

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

The green robot before the bootanimation? I have no idea how to change that mainly because i`ve not looked in to it sry but i`ll have a look, i think maybe it cant be changed. i maybe be wrong

you could try this new rom http://android.modac...cake-v188-gen1/ if you like experimenting with new roms

i had semi-bricked my phone a week back after an upgrade from gen1 to gen2 went wrong...i was able to revive the phone by using a chinese zte firmware and bustaram method. even though my phone was back and running, it changed the first screen during bootup to a weird 'w' logo which i dont like..as per my understanding it is a splash.img and apparently there are threads on the net around this for chaging it..so far i have not been successful and was hoping if somebody here had any experience around this.

Thanks for the link..will definitely give it a look and share my feedback.

Guest Racerboy

i had semi-bricked my phone a week back after an upgrade from gen1 to gen2 went wrong...i was able to revive the phone by using a chinese zte firmware and bustaram method. even though my phone was back and running, it changed the first screen during bootup to a weird 'w' logo which i dont like..as per my understanding it is a splash.img and apparently there are threads on the net around this for chaging it..so far i have not been successful and was hoping if somebody here had any experience around this.

Thanks for the link..will definitely give it a look and share my feedback.

there is a link on your profile that MAY help