€159 - Huawei IDEOS X5 - TMN Portugal

Guest Ramapitecus

Guest Bibbly

I've tried Google translate but I'm no clearer, is that with contract, sim free or PAYG? If it's with contract then it seems expensive compared with the UK. If it's PAYG or sim free, then it's much cheaper than UK

Guest Cirno
I've tried Google translate but I'm no clearer, is that with contract, sim free or PAYG? If it's with contract then it seems expensive compared with the UK. If it's PAYG or sim free, then it's much cheaper than UK

No contract if I getting it right !

Guest Bibbly
It´s not sim free, but it's PAYG.

So about 40-50 Euro cheaper than UK.

I expect if one of the networks, eg T-Mobile, took it up on PAYG then we might see a similar price. I don't think anyone will though, I think it's a bit too "high-spec" for an own-brand PAYG phone in the UK marketplace.

Guest The Soup Thief
I already bought mine..waiting for it to arrive. :)

@l3gionPT - I'd be really grateful if you could post back when it arrives re: what's in the box (presumably the charger will be Portuguese style, but is there a usb link in it, as many chargers have these days)

I've a friend living in Portugal and could get one shipped over - can't buy U8800s here in Ireland and I'd kinda like one, but if it's gonna be difficult to un-Portguese it, I may get one in the UK

EDIT - just noticed - it's E149 online!

That's a bloody steal! (provided it's not an expensive unlock)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest l3gionPT
@l3gionPT - I'd be really grateful if you could post back when it arrives re: what's in the box (presumably the charger will be Portuguese style, but is there a usb link in it, as many chargers have these days)

I've a friend living in Portugal and could get one shipped over - can't buy U8800s here in Ireland and I'd kinda like one, but if it's gonna be difficult to un-Portguese it, I may get one in the UK

EDIT - just noticed - it's E149 online!

That's a bloody steal! (provided it's not an expensive unlock)

@The Soup Thief, I'll be happy to provide any details when X5 arrives. So far, the expected date of delivery is 28 of June.

I'll keep in touch. :)

is it network locked?

Yes, it is network locked.

regards

Edited by l3gionPT

Guest Ramapitecus
Are you pleased so far?

I haven't much time to play with it B)

But so far, compared to U8230, it's another level!

By the way, z4root 1.3.0 works nice :)

Guest The Soup Thief
I haven't much time to play with it B)

But so far, compared to U8230, it's another level!

By the way, z4root 1.3.0 works nice :)

Thanks for the pics - that looks like a two pin european mains AC plug leading to a female USB connector - is that right?

Guest Ramapitecus
Thanks for the pics - that looks like a two pin european mains AC plug leading to a female USB connector - is that right?

Yes

Guest kari0ca

Has anyone tried to unlock it?

i've looked on the net for some codes and i found it: http://www.unlock-tmobilepulse.com/unlock/...e-huawei-u8800/

has anyone tested?

mine should arrive today or tomorrow.

Update:

Mine Ideos X5 arrived, and it has some information on the box saying that it has radio Fm, is that true? i've didn't installed an application to connect to radio yet to verify if this model realy has a radio fm.

Anyone who bought this model can answer to that question?

Edited by kari0ca

Guest miguelmamfm

Kari0ca, that site worked for my previous phone U8230, haven't tried yet for Ideos X5...no need so far

Edited by miguelmamfm

Guest Ramapitecus
how did you go about ordering from portugal? i can't enter a destination country and need to enter a tax id..

TMN is a portuguese telecom operator, they sell just to Portugal.

Guest JK-FINN

In Finland factory non-sim-locked Huawei Ideos X5 173,88€. The phone 165,6€ + the cheapest contract (12*0,66€) 7,92€ = 173,52€.