• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Simon O

1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

305 posts in this topic

You need to use the latest version of recovery.. 4.0.0.5

Yup, as soon as I installed this version of recovery, this rom installed no problem

Installed it for now works great. Good job, keep doing it ! :)

so will this support U8800H ?

if no will make one that support it ?

Not without access to that specific model. I don't even know what the differences are between them.

Its just different radios between the U8800 and the U8800H.

Got a very minor problem, i tried to download 2 games: Cordy and Trial X Demo, i think they automatically try to install on the sd card instead of the internal memory. So when it has finished downloading and is ready to install, it says ''Installation Unsuccessful, can not install on SDCard or USB storage" (or something similar to that). So i was wondering what do i need to do so i can fix this problem?? :) B)

Got a very minor problem, i tried to download 2 games: Cordy and Trial X Demo, i think they automatically try to install on the sd card instead of the internal memory. So when it has finished downloading and is ready to install, it says ''Installation Unsuccessful, can not install on SDCard or USB storage" (or something similar to that). So i was wondering what do i need to do so i can fix this problem?? :D ;)

How about install an SD Card :)

How much free space do they require? Do you have enough? It may also need extra space to un-compress files B)

If you have an SD card then apps will try to install to that. I don't think there is any way to actually force them to install to the internal SD.

You could just take the SD card out then it will install to the internal one

You could just take the SD card out then it will install to the internal one

I found you can do that but if you insert a microSD later the system 'forgets' the apps installed to internal SD.

B) Lol sorry, i do have an SD card, its a 4GB one and ive got about 400MB left of space. So there is an sd card there but it just refuses to install to it, thats my problem. :)

B) Lol sorry, i do have an SD card, its a 4GB one and ive got about 400MB left of space. So there is an sd card there but it just refuses to install to it, thats my problem. :)

hm. best thing to do is backup your SD card and give it a full format. It could possibly be slightly corrupted?

Do you guys have any trouble listening to music on earpiece?

I'm using AKG Q350 earphone with mic. When I listen to music, it sounds weird and I HAVE to press down the "answer" button on the earphone to hear it correctly.

Not sure if it's my earphone or my phone is the problem but I tested my earphone with my ipod and it is fine.

Maybe there's some problem with hearing to music on earphone with mic?

Edit: Tried the boot.zip provided in the previous posts, still not working fine..

Edited by Kaboosey

Do you guys have any trouble listening to music on earpiece?

I'm using AKG Q350 earphone with mic. When I listen to music, it sounds weird and I HAVE to press down the "answer" button on the earphone to hear it correctly.

Not sure if it's my earphone or my phone is the problem but I tested my earphone with my ipod and it is fine.

Maybe there's some problem with hearing to music on earphone with mic?

Edit: Tried the boot.zip provided in the previous posts, still not working fine..

Sad.

Nevermind.

Edited by Kaboosey

Another problem I found when recoding with video it doesn't record the sound. Anyone else go this problem?

I recorded a few videos which I uploaded to facebook, the sound works fine but you have to make sure you don't cover the tiny mic.

As for the headphone this is a very big problem, it seems like something is either not connecting or switching. I have tried both a V-Moda remote remix and a Creative EP-630 which don't work :)

I recorded a few videos which I uploaded to facebook, the sound works fine but you have to make sure you don't cover the tiny mic.

As for the headphone this is a very big problem, it seems like something is either not connecting or switching. I have tried both a V-Moda remote remix and a Creative EP-630 which don't work :)

Do you have the same problems with a stock rom?

Tried it on the stock b135, b136 and also the mongolia b137 rom, all have the same problem :)

Tried it on the stock b135, b136 and also the mongolia b137 rom, all have the same problem :)

This is what I have found too. A serious bug that Huawei have missed :rolleyes:

Updated my recovery to latest from XDA, download the zip and drop it to the FAT partition on my card. Insert the card and install the ROM. Phone turns on after installing, stuck at the Huawei logo.

Tried searching about as I seem to remember reading something about this, but can't find anything. Any advice?

-KJ

Updated my recovery to latest from XDA, download the zip and drop it to the FAT partition on my card. Insert the card and install the ROM. Phone turns on after installing, stuck at the Huawei logo.

Tried searching about as I seem to remember reading something about this, but can't find anything. Any advice?

-KJ

you have to wait a little longer. Mybe you didnbt ?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Define "a little longer"? I have waited fifteen minutes now. Never seen anything take this long on any phone...

-KJ

Probably something is wrong beacouse 15 minutes is too much.

I kinda understood that as well... :)

Tried CM7 now, and that installs without a hitch. Could there be something with this specific ROM?

-KJ