[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest RaverDrew

Great Rom, nice work.

One small problem however...

Since installing it I can't access the market from the browser on my desktop. It says "There are no Android devices associated with this account."

I've tried going into my gmail account and deleting and re-adding my phone number, but no joy.

Can anyone help ?

Guest andy9876

Psyloid

I noticed a strage bug. If I switch on GPS and AGPS indoors it firstly gives me a rough approximation to where I am then it gives a fix to Skipton in England.

Guest RaverDrew
Great Rom, nice work.

Since installing it I can't access the market from the browser on my desktop. It says "There are no Android devices associated with this account."

I've tried going into my gmail account and deleting and re-adding my phone number, but no joy.

Can anyone help ?

Sorted with a re-install :)

Guest Retardo

Great rom. Nice work..

I have two issues though. I'm missing the lock screen slidebar.

The other thing is my home-button. It doesn't seem to be assigned to anything. When I try to exit a program I have to use the back-key several times.

Any ideas?

Guest Rajek
You could try first to delete all data on dialer, contacts, contact providers and a third where contact is mentioned (in Settings - Applications - Manage Applications). All your contacts will be gone, so make sure they are backed up or synchronized with your Google account.

Unfortunately it doesn't work :)

wipe did the trick, ZTE dialer works OK

I have other question, in oryginal rom i was using app Link2SD, so i have 2 partitions on SD card

now, applications i've installed was moved on EXT partition by A2SD

is there any way to move them to internal storage ?

i want to uninstall A2SD either, how can i do that wright way?

IMO Link2SD is more user friendly

Guest INFERNO66

@Psyloid

Nice Rom. I like zte dialer, contacts and calendar very match. How i can add zte calendar to another ROM zip? because the zte calendar can work locally without Google account's?

What are you think about libsqlite.so patch for more IO score? for example like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=903507

In quadrant on your ROM we have ~400 IO, but with patched libsqlite.so - ~1600 IO on my early phone Samsung Spica

Guest dsig

May I ask a newbie question, if you don't mind?

1. Why put LauncherPro into the ROM, doesn't the leaked version have the stock Android launcher? Or is it so much worse than LP? AFter all, one can download LP from the market if one wishes.

2. What is A2SD for? AFAIK, stock Android can move apps to SD since Froyo.

Guest Psyloid
thanks a lot. i am a huge fan of this rom. the battery life is so brilliant.

but i have a question. does wifi on this rom sleep automatically after some time.

while i was playing radio over wi-fi suddenly it stopped playing. then i saw that the wifi icon is no more there,

it was trying to connect again but was not able to refresh the ip address.

then i had to reboot again

you have to change wifi sleep policy in spare parts

Guest Psyloid
Great Rom, nice work.

Can anyone help ?

I have no problem with that, maybe full wipe and reflash?

Guest Psyloid
Psyloid

I noticed a strage bug. If I switch on GPS and AGPS indoors it firstly gives me a rough approximation to where I am then it gives a fix to Skipton in England.

thats strange it should not do that, i will try to apply a fix in V3, although gps is super fast and spot on for me

Guest Psyloid
Great rom. Nice work..

I have two issues though. I'm missing the lock screen slidebar.

The other thing is my home-button. It doesn't seem to be assigned to anything. When I try to exit a program I have to use the back-key several times.

Any ideas?

if your home button do nothing, but it works in recovery, then you need to tpt a new partition layout; it fixes that;

It's a common bug among blade devices

Guest Psyloid
Unfortunately it doesn't work :)

wipe did the trick, ZTE dialer works OK

I have other question, in oryginal rom i was using app Link2SD, so i have 2 partitions on SD card

now, applications i've installed was moved on EXT partition by A2SD

is there any way to move them to internal storage ?

i want to uninstall A2SD either, how can i do that wright way?

IMO Link2SD is more user friendly

you can move the apps with A2SDGUI, you can not completely remove A2SD

Guest Psyloid
May I ask a newbie question, if you don't mind?

1. Why put LauncherPro into the ROM, doesn't the leaked version have the stock Android launcher? Or is it so much worse than LP? AFter all, one can download LP from the market if one wishes.

2. What is A2SD for? AFAIK, stock Android can move apps to SD since Froyo.

1. because launcher pro is much better

2. because not all apps are movable, and if they are movable in froyo, they still leave some data behind + you can't move apps with widgets the froyo way

Guest Psyloid
@Psyloid

Nice Rom. I like zte dialer, contacts and calendar very match. How i can add zte calendar to another ROM zip? because the zte calendar can work locally without Google account's?

What are you think about libsqlite.so patch for more IO score? for example like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=903507

In quadrant on your ROM we have ~400 IO, but with patched libsqlite.so - ~1600 IO on my early phone Samsung Spica

looked at it, and no

1. it won't make any real life difference in performance for this rom

2. it could corrupt the system, because verification is disabled

edit: if you want zte calendar , download zte apps package from ginger stirfry rom

Edited by Psyloid

Guest INFERNO66
looked at it, and no

1. it won't make any real life difference in performance for this rom

2. it could corrupt the system, because verification is disabled

edit: if you want zte calendar , download zte apps package from ginger stirfry rom

2. it could corrupt the system, because verification is disabled - not.

In stock sqlite fsync() working after every operation in DB, but in patched - one time after same operations in DB

Edited by INFERNO66

Guest k0zmic
you have to change wifi sleep policy in spare parts

You could also use Green Power from the Market which usually gives better reconnects afterwards.

Guest Rajek
you can move the apps with A2SDGUI

i supose i should do this using button 'Apps are on SD!'

but when i push this button i see 'changing settings' info,

when it's done i still have active option 'Apps are on SD' :)

Guest Psyloid
i supose i should do this using button 'Apps are on SD!'

but when i push this button i see 'changing settings' info,

when it's done i still have active option 'Apps are on SD' :)

Hmm, strange, i have no idea then

why would you want to do that anyway?

Guest Psyloid

Question: what would people think if i removed the camera click sound permanently ???

V3 changes so far:

-optimized, zipaligned and tweaked apk's

-updated maps and titanium backup

-fixed HSPDA indication

-Fixed google backup bug (now when installing fresh it will ask which gapps to install and if you want to sync backup)

-reduced size so it fits in 128 mb partition

-UI changes (settings menu)

-removed patched skype

V3 ETA : in a few days

edit : i tried using wbaw b9 but it makes audio playback stutter, so i'm sticking with b4

Edited by Psyloid

Guest legolamb
Question: what would people think if i removed the camera click sound permanently ???

I'm sure I read somewhere it's law in some countries for a camera to click, who's going to know though eh :)

Guest greldon7
I'm sure I read somewhere it's law in some countries for a camera to click, who's going to know though eh :)

Yeah! that's right!

As anyone can disable it later, I think you should leave it ON by default, not a big deal in my opinion.

Mind if I ask you, when are you releasing the new V3? A V2.5 will also do, we are looking forward to see our Blades sharper :rolleyes: !

Edited by greldon7