[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest stonebear

Hi all!

I have 2.5.0 and now and then my wifi can't be turned on (it gives "error" when turning on).

Anybody experiencing this issue?

No, not had that.

Guest noogai93

OK i've come across an epic fail, i've used this rom for about a week ish, and now it just epic failed. It started by the phone

just forgetting my google account, but now the wifi just stays at scanning, and now "accounts and sync" are completely gone from settings and the phone

doesn't do very much now that it doesn't have accounts.

There was also incidences of random freezing, could be when i was surfing the net, playing a game or waking the phone.

I've flashed back to stock 2.3.5 with adt until i have more time to fiddle.

First of all, one hell of a job on Gingerounay... It's a big improvement on the original 2.3.5 ;) However, I've been experiencing some issues as well... I hope these tips might help you out with some of the bugs.

What I did: flash original 2.3.5 with original Acer tool delivered with the 2.3.5 rom. Then Use Recovery 2.2 to flash gingerounay 2.5. Right after completion, flash 2.5.1 update as well.

Right after the flash, it seemed that the device was stuck on boot ( boot animation stood still ).. HOWEVER, after waiting about 5 minutes, it rebooted by itself and did a full boot. It managed to keep my account information. So I decided to throw in some random reboots.

This is where the to trouble starts... Sometimes, the device boots perfectly. But about 30% of the time, a (re)boot causes all the critical processes to crash ( android.apps, android.phone etc. ) . A reboot resolves the issue most of the time.

Second problem seems to me that the SD Card initialization seems to happen to late. I am currently using Widgetsoid 2.0 for creating custom switch bars. But the custom widgets don't get loaded correctly after a reboot. Ive therefore tested other widgets as well ( clocks, calendars etc. ) but also those widgets get a Problem with Loading.

Maybe this can help you guys out..

Edited by Gydeon

I've just found...that at setting -> about phone ->Build number

It shows "Gingerounay-2.2_4.000.07", is it correct?

I got confused because I flash the right leak, and then flash the other 3 zip files:

Gingerounay-2.1.1_update -> Gingerounay-2.5_signed -> Gingerounay-2.5.1_update

Why the build number is not "Gingerounay-2.5_4.000.07"??

Did I do something wrong? Ex: The priority of flashing rom. Thanks~

everything is all right ;) the build.prop from 2.5.1 update hasn't been flashed ;)

So, I don't need to fix anything wrong, right?

All I got confused is the build number :D

Guest gettehlife

This is what happened to me

Pressed Vol+/- + Focus + Power

Then I wiped all userdata

Then I flashed the Gingerounay-2.5_signed

then when I rebooted I got stuck at the android logo with the green droid (its not the normal one)

any help?

Sorry I don't know much, I'm an android newbie :( I just got this and rooted it. Was trying to find a custom rom.

Edited by gettehlife

Guest gettehlife

Are you sure that you were before on Firmware 4.000.07?

keep waiting a bit otherwise pull the battery and reboot the phone ;)

yeah i'm pretty sure i'm on 4.000.07

Guest dwaino86

hey folks.

thanks for the great work here, i hate to be another 'help me!' user, but im not sure if i may have bricked my phone :(

im new to android, and had gingerounay running great for a few days. tonight something went wrong (not sure what, i wasnt mucking around with recovery).

basically the launcher failed, so i couldn't see the home page (buttons and screen still worked). so i thought i'd just reinstall gingerounay (using recovery), but after successfully installing, the wizard is failing (force stop). i was wondering whether my SD card was the problem (16gb), so i re-partitioned it (ext2 and fat32), now i dont have the gingerounay bin/zip on my sd card :|

i've tried popping the stock SD card back in to boot Acer 2.3.5 from SD Download mode, but that fails, and just vibrates indefinately.

so i still have recovery on the phone, but i can't access the SD on the PC. Am i up the creek?

i dont know anything about backups, or the acer download tool, not sure if they are required. please help! :)

Guest RohanAJoshi

Sorry, but same problem of of boot loops happening when apps/data/dalvik enabled in update also ie 2.5.1.

moving back to ginger dmd.

hope new version will fix it.

Guest Smeelious

Loved 2.2 and such.

2.5 is causing me some grief. Like some other people I've seen system apps die horribly. Usually starts with a smaller problem, like wifi not working after a while. Eventually the phone locks and I have to remove the battery. On reboot a good percentage of the system apps die. Rebooting doesn't work for me like some others have posted, (mostly because the powercontrol app dies, so I have to remove the battery again...) Like others the SD card loading seems to lag. I'm using Link2sd so maybe that is the problem.

I'm also using the EMEA version though I'm in NA, which hasn't been a problem as far as I can tell. Newest firmware isn't available here for some silly reason..(Still on 2.2) Right now I'm trying the stock 4.000.07_EMEA_GEN1 (without rooting) to see if the OS itself is the issue. Limited app space is killing me.

Very strange things are happening...

My girfriend and I have exactly the same phone.

I've followed the identical same procedure for both phones.

Wipe all from recovery, restore latest acer bin with adt, flash gingerounay 2.5.0 then 2.5.1.

At first boot I've enabled apps2sd (only apps and dalvik).

One phone went good and the other died in bootloop :/

I did a nandroid backup on the dead phone so I thought that just restoring the backup to the pre-apps2sd enabling would give my phone back.

Nothing.

Only a wipe all and another nandroid gave me back my device...

No clues.

On another 3ad I'm asking how to do a total wipe (maybe even using hard reset) and I'll start again from the beginning... :(

I'd like to do something to help too (maybe giving details or logs) but I can't save any log from taboo tools.

Edited by ltpitt

Guest BigOmar

i am on gingerounay 2.5.0 and after installing Link2sd and partitioning my Sdcard im getting random reboots every couple of hours or so

does anybody also have this issue

Guest stonebear

Has anyone tried to buy an app from the market with this rom? I keep getting an error, "an error occurred, please try again".

I can download and install free apps and I used to be able to buy from the market too (when using other rom but that could be a coincidence).

Guest dwaino86

Are you unable to mount the sdcard from recovery?

thanks for the help. no i wasn't able to. i used my wifes phone to put gingerounay back on my SD card, and all good now, i hope! :)

cheers

Guest MadMousse

Has anyone tried to buy an app from the market with this rom? I keep getting an error, "an error occurred, please try again".

I can download and install free apps and I used to be able to buy from the market too (when using other rom but that could be a coincidence).

I have the same error sad.gif