[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
1)Yes, works perfectly, but it doesn´t move dalvik and cache, so it is like a GB move to sd, nothing more...

2) always is better to make Ext partition wipe when you are changing ROM (cause not every parts of your apps are stored in ext)

So backup with Titanium and then wipe the EXT? I've only started using an EXT with this phone (my last phone had loads of internal memory) and I want to be sure my apps or at least my app data is backed up properly.

Guest Nesli

Yes, TI backup is the sollution :)..Yeah, intermal memory is weakness of our Metal ;)( don´t understand why they don´t put inside more memory, 1gb nand mem cost 3$ ;)(..

..But dont worry, when the scripts will be ok, we can safetly use ext partition B) But now, it is still buggy - too young ROM :D...

EDIT: Yea, TI backup and than wipe ext

Edited by Nesli

Guest vache
Yes, TI backup is the sollution :)..Yeah, intermal memory is weakness of our Metal ;)( don´t understand why they don´t put inside more memory, 1gb nand mem cost 3$ ;)(..

..But dont worry, when the scripts will be ok, we can safetly use ext partition B) But now, it is still buggy - too young ROM :D...

EDIT: Yea, TI backup and than wipe ext

A2SD is safety, at least for me.

Issues with backup/restoring are not related to the ROM, but to the recovery.

Guest Nesli

Nop, at Gingerounay 1.1 and 1.2, it was ok, I haven´t problems, but on Gingerounay 2.0, it is still buggy, tryed 3 times, still problems, reboots, disappearing apps B) :D

Not, I´m on pure gingerounay 2.0, apps in system :)

Guest astuermer

So far I've got a fast and stable system now :)

Thanks Vache! ;)

Titanium Backup was able to clear unneeded files after uninstalling some apps.

I have around 80 MB free now after installing all my usual stuff, masses of games and so.

I am using Move2SD Enabler - which I can't find in the Market anymore (?), so I googled it.

All system apps, widgets and so I left in system memory, all other things as games, office apps I moved to SD.

Even games run much faster than in previous leaks.

Order & Chaos for example runs smoother than on the iPad (where you can experience some stuttering).

Neocore 43 FPS and around 1450 points in Quadrant.

I haven't found an issue with the camera so far.

Even with/without flash and with/without stabilizator I have nice pics.

Only issue so far (but it's ROM related):

Since the FPS limit was raised, games run faster - warmer unit,

So after 30 mins of playing 3D intense games you have a nice handwarmer for the winter which get's quite hot! B)

Currently I am only waiting for the next release of RecoveryMT 2.x :D

Edited by astuermer

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

So I'm having the same issue as astuermer was however wiping the dalvik-cache did not work. The phone starts up and I get the setup wizard like normal. But whether I go through the wizard or try to cancel out, it FC's on me and I get nothing but a black screen. Soft keys at the bottom don't work but I can get the info screen. After a few mins however the phone reboots and sticks at the firey green android animation. I've wiped the entire phone through recovery (and formatted my SD card as well) but no go.....

Any ideas?

Thanks;

Guest astuermer
So I'm having the same issue as astuermer was however wiping the dalvik-cache did not work. The phone starts up and I get the setup wizard like normal. But whether I go through the wizard or try to cancel out, it FC's on me and I get nothing but a black screen. Soft keys at the bottom don't work but I can get the info screen. After a few mins however the phone reboots and sticks at the firey green android animation. I've wiped the entire phone through recovery (and formatted my SD card as well) but no go.....

Vache already mentioned it... seems to be an issue with RecoveryMT 2.0 and the latest leak to be not compatible.

Another user already told that wiping BatteryStats also wipes completely.

So best advice currently is not to wipe Dalvik and/or BatteryStats.

Edited by astuermer

Guest astuermer

One more, regarding bootanimation.zip...

I installed this one - over the existing one at /system/media/

Rebooted, but the standard ANDROID was shown instead.

On 3.016 AAP leak with Gingerounay 1.2 I did the same and it worked.

Any idea?

Did the bootanimation.zip format change?

Edited by astuermer

Guest enigmista85

Vache expect a recovery that works to restart the device goes well and you do not block the recovery for now because 2.0 is not good does not allow nandroid backup and restart the phone with this rom lost applications and screen remains black and nn door and later and need to reinstall everything from 'the beginning

Guest astuermer

Seems like there's a big problem with backup restore too :)

hpim0004mvcfd0ebg1_thumb.jpg

Backing up runs as normal... but restoring - see screenshot.

That was 5 mins ago and the dots are now filling 3/4 of the screen.

Update: I've now took out the battery, wiped all and flashed Gingerounay 2.0 again.

Hopefully only restore function is incompatible B)

Nandroid backup on 3.016 was 503 MB.

nandroid backup on 3.021 is 642 MB... hmm?

Differences see this screenshot (left 3.016 AAP - right 3.021 EMEA)

Perhaps one or two programs I installed are different, but not that size...

differencesukoigj4h50_thumb.jpg

Edited by astuermer

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Vache already mentioned it... seems to be an issue with RecoveryMT 2.0 and the latest leak to be not compatible.

Another user already told that wiping BatteryStats also wipes completely.

So best advice currently is not to wipe Dalvik and/or BatteryStats.

Shat...

So should I flash back to Gingerounay 1.2 and then try flashing up to 2.0 again?

Guest enigmista85
Seems like there's a big problem with backup restore too :)

hpim0004mvcfd0ebg1_thumb.jpg

Backing up runs as normal... but restoring - see screenshot.

That was 5 mins ago and the dots are now filling 3/4 of the screen.

I assure you that you restart the device or not you have problems or just the part but do not start after application and remains the black screen, or you have to set everything back as if you were to lose all the data I am avoiding to restart the device will keep always on

Guest astuermer
I assure you that you restart the device or not you have problems or just the part but do not start after application and remains the black screen, or you have to set everything back as if you were to lose all the data I am avoiding to restart the device will keep always on

Erm, I don't understand that - Google translate?

Guest enigmista85
Erm, I don't understand that - Google translate?

yes traslate with google because i m italian sorry :)

I assure you that you restart the device, there are no problems or some part of their applications do not start black screen is set back everything you lose all the data I am avoiding to restart the device, I keep it always on

Guest Mercutius

Hi,

So far so good, everything runs perfectly. The whole thing is fast, stable, even better than my previous Froyo install.

I got one small issue though : it seems that for me, the notification LEDs won't light up for messages or missed calls. Not sure if it's because of your rom, or if it's an issue with the last leak.

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

So, I tried to flash back to Gingerounay 1.2 (after wiping all caches) and that left me at the first Acer logo screen. Re-flashed to 2.0 and I'm back in business. After I added my gmail account to the phone it rebooted, but when it powered back up it had saved my user account and so far so good.

One note though, I tried using App 2SD & App2SD (both are listed in the market) and neither app will transfer my bigger apps to my SD card. I'm not sure what Link2SD doesn't do, but I know it frees up my internal storage so thats what i'm gonna use :)

Guest Danzka
So, I tried to flash back to Gingerounay 1.2 (after wiping all caches) and that left me at the first Acer logo screen. Re-flashed to 2.0 and I'm back in business. After I added my gmail account to the phone it rebooted, but when it powered back up it had saved my user account and so far so good.

One note though, I tried using App 2SD & App2SD (both are listed in the market) and neither app will transfer my bigger apps to my SD card. I'm not sure what Link2SD doesn't do, but I know it frees up my internal storage so thats what i'm gonna use :)

On my metal apps2sd works with app2sd enabler... Grt

Guest Slurpy2k11

Anyway to get some of the stock screens back, ie. the acerless stock 2.3 dialer and keyboard? I find the acer ones pretty horrible. Or would this need to be another ROM?

Edited by Slurpy2k11

Guest scotth324

I've flashed the Iconia MMS and the stock Launcher but I don't really like them. Is there a way to get them off the phone after they have been flashed to it? I would like to go back to the stock messaging. Otherwise everything is working great.