What are the hopes for zte blade gen 1 to get higher android?

Guest mrTau

Guest mrTau

Hi

What are the options for getting a higher android OS on my gen 1 phone? Do I have to upgrade from gen 1 to 2? If so, is it difficult or anything else I should know?

M

Guest k0zmic

You can use the CM7 converter to use CM7 on a Gen 1 Blade by flashing it via recovery.

Or you can just upgrade to Gen 2 via a TPT which is easy.

Not sure about the official update but I would think the phones need to be upgraded to Gen 2, I'm guessing this is via an OTA.

BTW this question has been discussed a many times before so please search next time.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Richard_Arkless

gen 1 users wont be able to get any more updates (official or custom) so you will either need to convert it from gen 2 to gen 1 (which only works with cm) or upgrade to gen 2, its relatively simple just download this http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

extract the image folder to the root of the sd card then while powered off, hold up (or up and menu depending on age of device) and power it on while still holding the needed keys

From there a black screen with green text will appear (where you can let go of the buttons) and will format, re-partition the device, upgrade to gen 2 and install clockworkmod, from there then just flash either a custom rom based on the leaked 2.3.4 rom or cm7

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest gusthy
You can use the CM7 converter to use CM7 on a Gen 1 Blade by flashing it via recovery.

Or you can just upgrade to Gen 2 via a TPT which is easy.

Not sure about the official update but I would think the phones need to be upgraded to Gen 2, I'm guessing this is via an OTA.

BTW this question has been discussed a many times before so please search next time.

Official updates upgrade the phone to gen2, so if you apply your carrier's froyo update (if any), you will have gen2.

Guest daerragh

While even ZTE official froyo updates upgrade your phone to Gen2, I can see no point in staying with Gen1 (because even ZTE have chosen to stick to Gen2). Upgrade your phone with wbaw's excellent TPT method and try his Ginger Stir Fry beta7 ROM. It's one of the fastest and most stable ROMs, and it's the latest Android 2.3.4!

Edited by daerragh