New CyanogenMod 7 Problem

Guest james88225

Guest james88225

I have followed the guide step by step by first installing fastboot rom then restart in fastboot mode (Hold the camera button at power on) to install the latest 2.3.4 CyanogenMod 7 by MU4RIK. It installs without any errors. But when I restart the phone, it shows SwiftDroid logo and then it just gets stuck on the CyanogenMod 7 screen. I have waited more than 20 min but it never gets past it. I even tried recovery method but same problem. Also I have never installed any other rom except the official 2.1 with fastboot. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Guest Ernoke
I have followed the guide step by step by first installing fastboot rom then restart in fastboot mode (Hold the camera button at power on) to install the latest 2.3.4 CyanogenMod 7 by MU4RIK. It installs without any errors. But when I restart the phone, it shows SwiftDroid logo and then it just gets stuck on the CyanogenMod 7 screen. I have waited more than 20 min but it never gets past it. I even tried recovery method but same problem. Also I have never installed any other rom except the official 2.1 with fastboot. Any ideas on how to fix this?

if i were you, i would try to wipe the dalvik cache.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephen J. Knill

I finally got it working by doing "wipe data/factory reset" in Recovery Mode.

It is always suggested that you do this when changing from one rom version to another. (You will find 99% of guides state that you should do a "Data Wipe" or such before the final boot)

Edit: At the very least you need to wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache, you may be able to get by without wiping the data partition but only if you do BOTH of the previous.

Edited by Stephen J. Knill