Onlive - Console quality games on your vega

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest wobblydoggy

http://onlive.co.uk/uk

Read about this a while ago sounds promising there is an Onlive viewer apk knocking about ripped from HTC flyer which will let you view other people playing (PC games) on your Vega. When the service is fully operational you will be able to play games such as Call of Duty MW3/ Battlefield 3 online on your vega.

Let the good times roll.

Guest Algie
http://onlive.co.uk/uk

Read about this a while ago sounds promising there is an Onlive viewer apk knocking about ripped from HTC flyer which will let you view other people playing (PC games) on your Vega. When the service is fully operational you will be able to play games such as Call of Duty MW3/ Battlefield 3 online on your vega.

Let the good times roll.

Tried the apk. Doesn't work on tegra devices. :-(

Edit. Just tried on my HTC Desire works perfect.

Edited by Algie

Guest tabor56

I tried the beta for the Gaikai service which is similar, i must say i was real impressed playing mass effect 2 in a flash browser with no lag or slowdown. I wonder how well it will work on Vega though

Guest tabor56

Also I dont think this will take off at all until there is a really good business model, I use boomerang games where they send you a game and you play for as long as you want and send back. I was thinking how good it would be to implement a digital model of this on xbox or something

Guest Anton2k

Been following onlive for about 2-3 years now or so, been waiting for it to come to the uk for a long long time. Is bf3 gona be a title on onlive? cause I aint heard any thing about it, AND I AM THE BIGGEST BF FAN HERE lol THE BIGGEST!

• 5 months later...
Guest BiggerH

so the Android app is finally out today!

anyone got it working on the Vega yet? It requires above Android 2.2, so I guess I'm going to need to flash Vegacomb on it tonight (currently on Corvus5 so it's not working yet)

Guest Nicky J

so the Android app is finally out today!

anyone got it working on the Vega yet? It requires above Android 2.2, so I guess I'm going to need to flash Vegacomb on it tonight (currently on Corvus5 so it's not working yet)

Working fine here (on vegacomb)

just tried Dirt 3 trial and seems to work well.

controls seem a bit too sensitive, but might just need adjusting/getting used to.

overall v impressed

edit: quite a lot of the games need the controller at the moment, so you cant really play em.

and some don't seem to be showing up at all (borderlands for example).

but as a technology it is amazing

Edited by Nicky J

Guest Nicky J

What controller do you need? - Their controller? Or an XBox one?

yeah, their one: http://www.onlive.co.uk/controller

although i suppose it might work if you've got another controller attached via usb - i havent got one to try myself.

similarly, i was wondering whether that sony ericsson playstation phone's buttons would work with it too...

Is the end of an xbox controller usb then?

Yes the wired XBOX 360 controller is USB and works on a PC too.

The wireless will also work with the 360 wireless adaptor apparently.

Guest Nicky J

so i borrowed a mates usb xbox controller, but i cant get it to work with my vega (and onlive).

i plug it into the usb port, use shuttle apps to change the usb mode, xbox controller light then illuminates, but i cant seem to use it for anything...?

am i missing something?

using vegacomb 3.2 build9n btw

think i upgraded over the top of the last build tho, so unless someone has any ideas, i might go ahead with a full wipe & reinstall and see if that fixes things...

oh and the controller works on my win 7 pc fine, so i dont thinks its the controller that's at fault....

Edited by Nicky J

so i borrowed a mates usb xbox controller, but i cant get it to work with my vega (and onlive).

i plug it into the usb port, use shuttle apps to change the usb mode, xbox controller light then illuminates, but i cant seem to use it for anything...?

am i missing something?

using vegacomb 3.2 build9n btw

think i upgraded over the top of the last build tho, so unless someone has any ideas, i might go ahead with a full wipe & reinstall and see if that fixes things...

oh and the controller works on my win 7 pc fine, so i dont thinks its the controller that's at fault....

some are not supported .. get a dmesg log from when you plug it in and ill see about getting the support added .. its not so hard .. just has to be in kernel ... ive done a couple already .. check the other thread on here similar to see what im on about ...

Edited by Cass67

Guest Nicky J

some are not supported .. get a dmesg log from when you plug it in and ill see about getting the support added .. its not so hard .. just has to be in kernel ... ive done a couple already .. check the other thread on here similar to see what im on about ...

http://android.modac..._1#entry1817715

nice one:

[11278.254735] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002

[11278.254747] usb usb2: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1

[11278.254757] usb usb2: Product: Tegra EHCI Host Controller

[11278.254765] usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.36.3VegaComb-Release-by-TeamNewCo+ ehci_hcd

[11278.254775] usb usb2: SerialNumber: tegra-ehci.0

[11278.256057] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found

[11278.256089] hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected

[11278.574931] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using tegra-ehci and address 2

[11279.225277] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=045e, idProduct=028e

[11279.225317] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[11279.225334] usb 2-1: Product: Controller

[11279.225347] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: ©Microsoft Corporation

[11279.225359] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 08F582F

[11279.227631] input: Microsoft X-Box 360 pad as /devices/platform/tegra-ehci.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/input/input6

is that what you need?

fyi its an official microsoft controller - the xbox controller for windows, wired usb model:

like this:

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

Edited by Nicky J

nice one:

[11278.254735] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002

[11278.254747] usb usb2: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1

[11278.254757] usb usb2: Product: Tegra EHCI Host Controller

[11278.254765] usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.36.3VegaComb-Release-by-TeamNewCo+ ehci_hcd

[11278.254775] usb usb2: SerialNumber: tegra-ehci.0

[11278.256057] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found

[11278.256089] hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected

[11278.574931] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using tegra-ehci and address 2

[11279.225277] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=045e, idProduct=028e

[11279.225317] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[11279.225334] usb 2-1: Product: Controller

[11279.225347] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: ©Microsoft Corporation

[11279.225359] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 08F582F

[11279.227631] input: Microsoft X-Box 360 pad as /devices/platform/tegra-ehci.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/input/input6

is that what you need?

fyi its an official microsoft controller - the xbox controller for windows, wired usb model:

like this:

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

Yeah i can see this is official,

idVendor=045e, idProduct=028e

This already has support in the kernel and VC .. you need to look elsewhere as to what the issue is ... What version of VegaComb are you running ? 9N should have support for this, unsure about earlier versions as this was fixed in the kernel later in the VC cycle..

Edited by Cass67

Guest Nicky J

Yeah i can see this is official,

idVendor=045e, idProduct=028e

This already has support in the kernel and VC .. you need to look elsewhere as to what the issue is ... What version of VegaComb are you running ? 9N should have support for this, unsure about earlier versions as this was fixed in the kernel later in the VC cycle..

yeah, 9n. doing a re-install as we speak. hopefully will sort it out. cheers for the help tho

Guest Nicky J

yeah, 9n. doing a re-install as we speak. hopefully will sort it out. cheers for the help tho

no ,still cant get it to work. what the hell am i doing wrong here?

wiped dalvik, cache, factory reset. applied the 9n zip.

rebooted, connected to my wifi, set time/date, added google account so i could get on the market, installed onlive.

ran shuttle app and switched usb mode, plugged in controller, controller lights up, load onlive and try a few games - controller does nothing!

looked in all the onlive settings, but cant see anywhere to 'turn on' controller support or something like that... and from what i understand it should all just work anyway. grrr.

am i missing something obvious here?

Edited by Nicky J

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stokesy-

no ,still cant get it to work. what the hell am i doing wrong here?

wiped dalvik, cache, factory reset. applied the 9n zip.

rebooted, connected to my wifi, set time/date, added google account so i could get on the market, installed onlive.

ran shuttle app and switched usb mode, plugged in controller, controller lights up, load onlive and try a few games - controller does nothing!

looked in all the onlive settings, but cant see anywhere to 'turn on' controller support or something like that... and from what i understand it should all just work anyway. grrr.

am i missing something obvious here?

mine works fine, however only when using a docking station. may be worth the £20, as onlive is great. i know this is not a real solution but will work.

Stokesy

Guest jayneuk

mine works fine, however only when using a docking station. may be worth the £20, as onlive is great. i know this is not a real solution but will work.

Stokesy

Which docking station do you use, Stokesy?

Guest Andy_E

Which docking station do you use, Stokesy?

There's a docking station available for the Vega - look at the bottom of the tablet and you'll see what it plugs into.