Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kennyboye

Power Off Timer

4 posts in this topic

Hours of trawling has yet to solve a simple problem:

Is there an app that allows you to turn off the device with a timer (as per iOS)?

I love listening to music and videos (yeh wierd I know) to fall asleep but cannot do this with android as the phone just stays on until the battery drains.

I thought this would be a no-brainer but it appears there are no apps for this; the closest I got was "Shutdown Timer" which doesnt actually work (at all).

Alternatively is there a custom ROM that includes this function?

Grand Masters of Android please share your wisdom....

Hours of trawling has yet to solve a simple problem:

Is there an app that allows you to turn off the device with a timer (as per iOS)?

I love listening to music and videos (yeh wierd I know) to fall asleep but cannot do this with android as the phone just stays on until the battery drains.

I thought this would be a no-brainer but it appears there are no apps for this; the closest I got was "Shutdown Timer" which doesnt actually work (at all).

Alternatively is there a custom ROM that includes this function?

Grand Masters of Android please share your wisdom....

Just to update for the trawlers; I have managed to find a paid app called ACT 1 VIDEO PLAYER. Not free but actually had a sleep timer that works. Also has an option to run with the screen turned off. Only for video but at least something.

Any free options out there please share!

I use the sleep timers in TuneIn for radio and PowerAmp for music; these stop playback but don't actually turn off the phone.

I don't use a sleep timer with video, so sorry I can't help with that.

You could have a simple "timer" by choosing the amount of music/video you want to listen/watch, and of course disable auto-repeat.

Playing will stop after it reaches the end of your playlist or video. This doesn´t power off the phone, but this is not really necessary, you can switch the phone to Offline-mode when you go to sleep. A night in offline-mode is likely to draw less power then a complete booting of the phone.