Barcode readers

Guest DWaldie

Guest k0zmic
NOne of them even come close to Google Goggles - it can do so much more, even solve sudoku puzzles!

Yep, it is pretty awesome.

For more shopping orientated scanning get Shopper.

Guest Picazsoo
NOne of them even come close to Google Goggles - it can do so much more, even solve sudoku puzzles!

But as far as I am aware - Google Goggles requies internet connection to function. Barcode scanner is self-contained. It can scan and analyze the codes on-the-go.

Guest Michealtbh

ALL barcode scanners require a connection to look up the information, I highly doubt any of them will have a database of information for millions of barcodes inside the app

Guest ColdEmbrace
ALL barcode scanners require a connection to look up the information, I highly doubt any of them will have a database of information for millions of barcodes inside the app

I think the scanning of QR codes doesn't need an internet connection.

Guest Michealtbh
I think the scanning of QR codes doesn't need an internet connection.

Yes, of course, but what's the point if you can't open the webpage/download/whatever afterwards - you essentially need a web connection to use any barcode scanner properly

Guest ocirnes
Yes, of course, but what's the point if you can't open the webpage/download/whatever afterwards - you essentially need a web connection to use any barcode scanner properly

QR-Codes can also contain text/messages only :)

like this one:

qrcodesnim.png

Edited by ocirnes