Google+ What do you think about it.

Guest ufizo

Guest ufizo

The long rumored Facebook competitor from Google, Google+ was launched earlier this week.

It is currently open to a limited number of users, on invite only basis.

{ IF these lines dont make any sense to you, I am talking about this:

https://plus.google.com/

check it out here:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/demo }

So for those of you who have already joined, what do you think about it?

Very similar to FB indeed!

Also the android app is out on the market, which too is very similar to the FB app for android. Im excited about using it though. :)

One nice thing that i noticed, that Google+ profiles use a high resolution display pics, unlike current google profile pics.

P.S. If you need an invite, enter your ID in this spreadsheet.

Edited by ufizo

Guest Theme Ishere

Didn't have enough time so far to really get used to it. Not sure how it should be possible for Google+ to survive next to Facebook. It seems a bit too much for Android and Google Geeks :) Can't see a lot of my friends joining actually. HAving said that, I do like the app and the overall feel so far. And, to me, everything that is directly integrated into Google is a nice thing.

Didn't have enough time so far to really get used to it. Not sure how it should be possible for Google+ to survive next to Facebook. It seems a bit too much for Android and Google Geeks :) Can't see a lot of my friends joining actually. HAving said that, I do like the app and the overall feel so far. And, to me, everything that is directly integrated into Google is a nice thing.

you have the app?

Guest Theme Ishere

The app is on the market, but yes I have it and an invite.

It might be alright, but it is not for me really. I like the idea of Facebook, and as always it is what you make of it. It's a great way to saty in contact with people all over the world, much more convinient than having to mail them or text them. But is there really the need for two of these "services"? If everybody switched to Google+ now...fair enough, I would prefer that, as I like having everything under one roof. But I am not going on a crusade now and try to convince people joining it...I am still busy enough trying to convert people to android from The Fruit that shall not be named :)

Guest mcfischsam

i think it's great because circles are easier to maintain than friendlists on facebook.

but what i realy like about it is the "Hangouts" feature. =)

i would love to get in, but temporalily the capacity is exceeded says the google plus page.

i already got an invite from a friend, but i can't get in.. sad =(

Guest HMZX
Those people asking for invites please be aware that the beta is at capacity and invite or not you cannot join

we could join when it isnt full?

i just really wanna try it out now, seeing new things about it.

Guest ColdEmbrace
we could join when it isnt full?

i just really wanna try it out now, seeing new things about it.

sure we can join when they open up some more slots and i will keep an eye out and let people know if i hear anything

Guest ufizo

people wanting the invitation, PM me with your email id.

I'll sent the invite.

And yes sometimes you get the message that they are at their capacity, but you can still join in your second if not first attempt. Trust me a lot of my friends have joined this way.

Edited by ufizo

Guest HMZX
Why is this in the ZTE Blade forum?

why cant it be?

there is an android app for google+, that works on the zte blade, so it is linked...

Guest Richard_Arkless

Just got my invite, unfortunately its still complaining about it being over capacity, its like the days when gmail was still in private beta all over again

When I get through I will keep you lot informed then will invite ANYONE who requests an invite

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest rbbrslmn

as far as I can see its a very nice well designed thing that has absolutely no chance of success because everyone has, like it or not, facebook.

Guest hecatae
as far as I can see its a very nice well designed thing that has absolutely no chance of success because everyone has, like it or not, facebook.

as a facebook refuser and deleter, google+ is a breath of fresh air, everything just works and you know who has your information and what it's being used for.

Plus, the delete account button is easy to find