Google+ What do you think about it.

Guest ufizo

Guest Richard_Arkless
guys, here is an update.

Invitations are open! they are letting people in.

If you read this and want to get in,.. PM me.

I think most are covered as they have been getting invites off me as well

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest ColdEmbrace
I think most are covered as they have been getting invites off me as well

more of us offering the better thankfully im in now :blink: so if anyone needs

Guest k0zmic
What we should do now is create our own google docs spreadsheet then people can fill it in, what do you guys think?

Good idea, then maybe when whoever's sent the invite can put a mark beside the name to indicate 'Invite Sent' or something?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Good idea, then maybe when whoever's sent the invite can put a mark beside the name to indicate 'Invite Sent' or something?

Ive created it now, it should be in my previous comment, others should be able to edit it without the need to sign in or have permission

Guest spanner44
Ive created it now, it should be in my previous comment, others should be able to edit it without the need to sign in or have permission

Just added my name, hope that I can get an invite.

EDIT : Thanks Richard for the invite, been accepted.

Edited by spanner44

Guest Richard_Arkless
Just added my name, hope that I can get an invite.

EDIT : Thanks Richard for the invite, been accepted.

No problem, I hope you will also help out on the invite requests and also pass this on to other people and forums, more the better

Guest spanner44
No problem, I hope you will also help out on the invite requests and also pass this on to other people and forums, more the better

Yes no problem, will be glad to pass out some invites to anyone needing them

Guest worto03
Yea sure, go to the previous pages and ive posted some instructions on how to send your request to me

Thanks - sry - I was in a rush yesterday and didn't read through the whole thread - I've added my email address to the spreadsheet you created now.

Cheers,

worto.

Guest not relevant
Thanks - sry - I was in a rush yesterday and didn't read through the whole thread - I've added my email address to the spreadsheet you created now.

Cheers,

worto.

Was about to send an invite but invite link has disappeared again from my Google+. No idea what's going on. Will try adding you and sending you a post - this worked for me to invite a couple of people two days ago but it too them nearly a day of trying to get Google+ to accept the invite

-- not relevant

Guest Richard_Arkless
Was about to send an invite but invite link has disappeared again from my Google+. No idea what's going on. Will try adding you and sending you a post - this worked for me to invite a couple of people two days ago but it too them nearly a day of trying to get Google+ to accept the invite

-- not relevant

They only show it when the invite system is up, another way you can send out invites even when the system is down is to go and make a status (put anything, I just say invite) and at the bit "add circles or people to share with" put the email addresses of the people who want to join and just click share, it will then send out emails saying that you shared a status and at the bottom it will say "learn more about google+ or if they view the status then its the "join google+" above the status

Guest not relevant
They only show it when the invite system is up, another way you can send out invites even when the system is down is to go and make a status (put anything, I just say invite) and at the bit "add circles or people to share with" put the email addresses of the people who want to join and just click share, it will then send out emails saying that you shared a status and at the bottom it will say "learn more about google+ or if they view the status then its the "join google+" above the status

OK. Have now invited three people on spreadsheet using post method.

-- Not Relevant

Guest worto03

Thanks guys, I'm in, I don't seem to have any way to send invites out so I guess it's over again for a while.

Looks good so far.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks guys, I'm in, I don't seem to have any way to send invites out so I guess it's over again for a while.

Looks good so far.

No this way to send out invites is still possible

Guest oxenhope
No this way to send out invites is still possible

just like to say thanks for this

if sending out invites to my friends do they have to have a gmail acc or is it possible just a normal email address

cheers howard

Guest ufizo

Google accounts with gmail ID only, i think I read that somewhere on google.

but not 100% sure.

Edited by ufizo

Guest Richard_Arkless
just like to say thanks for this

if sending out invites to my friends do they have to have a gmail acc or is it possible just a normal email address

cheers howard

I think it will ask them to login to gmail as soon as they try and use the invite link so it may work

Guest Tony Sidaway

I received an invitation on Friday from another user here and I've had fun trying it out, adding all my Twitter and blog follows and adding a few more interesting people I hadn't seen elsewhere:

This is my profile

Any ZTE Blade or other Android users who would like to link up do please follow me and send me a private message identifying your interests. If you do that I'll be able to put you into my own Android circle so you'll receive any Android-related posts I make.

Here is a blog posting I made about how to organise your Google+ account so it's a bit like a turbo-charged Twitter rather than the Facebook-like model that is presented to you when you first log in.

Edited by Tony Sidaway

Guest ColdEmbrace

Just a note Invites seemed to have been open since yesterday around 18:00GMT (09/07/11) and are still open now 11:00GMT (10/07/11) Maybe google wants a lot of new users

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Is it possible to configure privacy, so that no-one (you are "friends" with [or have them in your circles or whatever :blink:]) can see your posts etc?

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Is it possible to configure privacy, so that no-one (you are "friends" with [or have them in your circles or whatever :blink:]) can see your posts etc?

It seems you can do this either by creating a Circle and calling it "No-one" for example, adding no-one to it and sharing it with that circle. Or, it says under the photos tab "Albums that you haven't shared remain visible only to you", so just don't share :huh: