Google+ What do you think about it.

Guest ufizo

Is it possible to configure privacy, so that no-one (you are "friends" with [or have them in your circles or whatever :blink:]) can see your posts etc?

It seems you can do this either by creating a Circle and calling it "No-one" for example, adding no-one to it and sharing it with that circle. Or, it says under the photos tab "Albums that you haven't shared remain visible only to you", so just don't share :huh:

Is it possible to configure privacy, so that no-one (you are "friends" with [or have them in your circles or whatever :blink:]) can see your posts etc?

Can I ask one thing : How sad are you?!

The long rumored Facebook competitor from Google, Google+ was launched earlier this week.

It is currently open to a limited number of users, on invite only basis.

{ IF these lines dont make any sense to you, I am talking about this:

https://plus.google.com/

check it out here:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/demo }

So for those of you who have already joined, what do you think about it?

Very similar to FB indeed!

Also the android app is out on the market, which too is very similar to the FB app for android. Im excited about using it though. :)

One nice thing that i noticed, that Google+ profiles use a high resolution display pics, unlike current google profile pics.

P.S. If you need an invite, enter your ID in this spreadsheet.

I quite like it, it kinda needs to be open to all and it's a little rough and ready around the edges... but it has potential!

I am http://gplus.to/paulobrien btw. :)

P

Guest Richard_Arkless

Sorry guys but it was starting to get hectic (as soon as I added it to engadget :D) so I changed it to a form based system so heres the link http://tinyurl.com/6y9wwyo

If you want to help out with the sending of the invites then please send me a message here: gplus.to/richardarkless and ill give you permission to access the spreadsheet containing all the email addresses

• 7 months later...
Guest Ruben Connor

Google + has created a main impact in social media marketing. It is one of the best platforms for promoting products & services. Also it is very intuitive and has quite a bit of good features which really overwhelm other social networks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jewel Regan

Well, Google+ is a great social network with great concepts. It focuses more on security and privacy. Also I love its clean interface & simplicity.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest shanayaJoy

Google+ is a decent option to share information, make friends, Business benefits and updates about present matters. Facebook is a good way to pass the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest maniac_mouse

I really dont like all this social integration, they ruined the google talk client by integrating all the social crap. G+ is better than facebook I suppose, but you need to be a bit of a fool to post personal details to any internet site. All that data can and will be used against you someday, its an identity thief`s/stalker`s/marketing sleeze`s/burgler`s/government`s wet dream. The amount of detail of peoples lives that gets shoved up on these social networks is quite frankly scary. The NSA doesnt really need to snoop on the public when people willingly give a blow by blow account of their daily lives and post it on facebook etc.

Whats with all the spam posts in this thread?, theres a suspicious amount of posters with 2 posts containing quasi gibberish and links to dodgy sites.

• 3 months later...
Guest AmendaClark

The community option in Google+ is a the highlight as far as G+ concerns, this option is quite different from other Social Media networks.

Edited by AmendaClark

• 2 months later...